09-30-2013, 12:22 PM #4
- 264 Posts
Product placement isn't my favorite thing in the world, but Apple has been doing this to great effect for a long time, and I suppose it is a good thing that Microsoft is doing this. Especially with a device like Surface as people can see what makes it cool by watching it actually be used.
10-01-2013, 08:28 PM #6
- 568 Posts
Whatever works. Apple has tons of product placement. Case in point, on Big Bang Theory, the first couple of seasons, Sheldon is very anti-Apple, yet in later seasons, everyone (including Sheldon) is using iPhones, Macbooks, FaceTime, etc. Granted, they also sometimes switch to Alienware laptops, but overall, it's all Apple in later seasons.
I see no reason not you. Anyone watching the show knows it's a Macbook because you immediately recognize the logo. Well, if people use, say, the Surface Pro, they'll see the actors use things like the Surface Pen, kickstand, keyboard covers, etc. Then, should you later see a commercial or pass by a Microsoft Store, you'll immediately recognize it as a Surface and want to play with it.
Product placement is kind of low, but hey, it works don't it?
- By John20212 in forum Microsoft Surface Pro 2Replies: 19Last Post: 11-10-2013, 06:51 PM
- By bilzkh in forum Microsoft Surface Pro 2Replies: 27Last Post: 10-06-2013, 05:30 PM
- By PeadarWagon in forum Microsoft Surface Pro 2Replies: 5Last Post: 10-03-2013, 02:24 AM
- By surfacedude in forum Microsoft Surface for Windows RTReplies: 4Last Post: 09-30-2013, 01:44 PM
- By Jazmac in forum Windows RTReplies: 4Last Post: 09-29-2013, 11:55 PM