Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Did anybody get the 7.8 upgrade to work with their Lumia 900 through "Windows Phone for Mac" ? I have tried and tried, but no luck as of yet. Chime in if you got the update using your Mac!

Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    Having trouble too man. Basically, the 'update' will install for 4 minutes or so before it tell me it's restarting my Lumia 900. Then, I have to unplug the phone from the computer, then plug it back in and click the Install Update button again. I've done this 25 times at this point and still nothing. A Nokia rep told me the install update would take me 30 min to an hour but the fact that I've been having to nurture the process by unplugging and replugging has made this entire update a tedious one.
    #frustratedcustomer

Anyone have any suggestions?

Global Posts
    30,474 Global Posts
    PIN
    Email
    Moved to Mac OS X forum, since this involves updating on a Mac, not a PC.

I have the same problem on my Lumia 900. Could anyone know what to do, or have any advice?

G

So... I know this isn't THE BEST way to update ones phone to 7.8, but I just FINALLY got the update to go through to my phone and it is currently updating. How did I do it you ask? I backed up my phone then factory reset it. Then once I plugged it in and checked for updates, the new updates showed up! BOOM. Now I have to reinstall all of my apps -____-

I finally gave in and installed Zune on my work laptop (WinXP), did the cable (WiFi) trick, updated, then uninstalled Zune. Oh well.
    Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express