- 12-30-2012, 12:49 AM #1
Before I sell the Lumia and get an iPhone 5, I'm asking again if someone can help me troubleshoot the following issue I'm having with the Lumia:
Every time I try to tether the phone to a MBP (tried it with two different machines so far), I get the following behavior:
1. Connection is established and dropped again after exactly one minute
2. Connection can be manually re-established. Drops again after 1-2 minutes.
3. Network stack on the MBP crahses, laptop has to be rebooted
I've tried this with three Lumias. It's always the same. I don't know if it's better with Portico as Nokia doesn't think it's necessary to release the update before February here in Europe.
Does anyone know how to fix this? I need tethering on a daily basis. Apart from reading emails and news on the phone, it's my main use for it.
- 02-13-2013, 10:31 AM #4
I have a similar issue, with the disconnecting, but no crash. After 4 or 5 attempts to connect my '12 MacBook Pro retina where it disconnects after seconds or a minute I am able to get a solid connection. There are several people on the Apple forums with the same issue, works connecting Windows machines but MacBooks keep disconnecting.
This is very frustrating...
- 02-19-2013, 07:38 PM #7
Try this: Try removing spaces from the Internet Sharing name (the name your phone broadcasts)
This seams to have fixed the issue for me, I changed my sharing name from the default "Someones Lumia 920" to "Lumia920" and now my connection is Solid!
- By CoryDC in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 4Last Post: 12-17-2012, 12:41 PM
- By Frantics in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 21Last Post: 12-03-2012, 07:12 PM
- By gohatters in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 5Last Post: 11-26-2012, 01:53 PM
- By aptedern in forum Nokia Lumia 900Replies: 2Last Post: 04-17-2012, 10:10 PM
- By aptedern in forum Mac OS XReplies: 2Last Post: 04-17-2012, 10:10 PM