Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By brianlg

Hi,

I bought the HTC 8X and downloaded the windows phone connector app for mac (it's the latest updated one for WP8). I'm trying to put music on it through the app (all files are .mp3) and it returns a message saying all the music could not be copied to the device with no other explanation as to why. My phone is definitely connected (i can remove files from the device, although i haven't tried putting on anything other than music at the moment), turning it and the mac off and on hasn't worked.

I've tried to put music on via SkyDrive but I'm not sure how to download the music off SkyDrive onto the device permanently so I don't think that's actually an option.

Has anyone else encountered this problem or know a solution?

Many thanks for your time and help.

Conrad
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,966 Global Posts
    Hmmm... do any of the MP3's have any DRM that you're aware of?

No they don't have any DRM that I'm aware of, and I had no issue putting them onto my WP7 before it got run over. Is it possible to plug the 8X in and view it as a hard drive and put the music on that way?

Not sure if my reply just went through, comp crashed so will repost. There isn't any DRM that I'm aware of, the music all worked on my WP7 before it got run over so I am really confused.

Is it possible to view the 8X as a hard drive and put the music on manually that way?

Global Posts
    843 Global Posts
    this music issue thats going on has me real iffy on wp8

File > Allow Access to Folder, and choose the folder that has all of your music. then it will sync
    Thanked by:
    Conrad Hayes likes this.

Excellent, that sorted it! Thank you very much @brianlg

Quote Originally Posted by Conrad Hayes View Post
    Excellent, that sorted it! Thank you very much @brianlg
    no problem :) I had the same problem when I got my phone. I just wish the WP osx app wouldn't crash so much. That's my main problem

Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    For clarity's sake, does anyone know if there's a way to get music on the device any other way? Like through skydrive?

Global Posts
    2,578 Global Posts
    You can upload your files to your SkyDrive folder and then have them sync automatically to your device, yes.