Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

I need to master reset my phone and i really do not wanna lose my contacts and all my pics and videos sooooo how do i back up my phone?

Global Posts
    451 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seppuku716 View Post
    I need to master reset my phone and i really do not wanna lose my contacts and all my pics and videos sooooo how do i back up my phone?
    Have you connected your device to your PC and linked up with Zune? Zune will sync all media on your device with your Zune player. You do not have to have to pay for ZunePass to do this, but you will have to download the Zune software to your PC.

Your contacts should already be synced to the Windows Live (MSN, Hotmail, Live) account that you set your device up with when first activating it. I would login to your email from a PC to make sure that your phone contacts are also your email contacts. (I cannot think of a reason for this not to be the case, it is just a precaution.)

Try those two things first. If there appears to be a problem with either, I am one of many who would be happy to assist you further.

P.S. What problems are you seeing that causeyou to feel that a Hard Reset is in order?

I do not want to use windows live, I just want to back up my contacts, pictures, and appointments to my PC on demand, I don't care about music. The fact that windows phones HAVE to use ZUNE is a real pain.

Global Posts
    416 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ulynen View Post
    I do not want to use windows live, I just want to back up my contacts, pictures, and appointments to my PC on demand, I don't care about music. The fact that windows phones HAVE to use ZUNE is a real pain.
    Yes, this was a big complaint we all had back in the day. There is no way to sync contacts and calendar with the PC. You have to use Exchange, Hotmail, Yahoo, or Google. For pictures you have to use Zune.

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    I am falling out of love with this WP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rahul_Does View Post
    I am falling out of love with this WP.
    ok, you're telling us nothing about your beef with the OS.

also you bumped a 1-3 year old thread
    m505 > Z|71 > T|C > Z|71 > T|T3 > LifeDrive > iPod touch 4
    > Pre 2 > Treo Pro > Aria > HD2 > Treo 650 > Lumia 920
    "anything with a large enough engine will fly" -raspabalsa