Does anyone think the LG Optimus 7 will get 7.8 later this year?

Quote Originally Posted by Can94 View Post
    Doubt it IMO. Although there are signs of Tango rolling out in some markets it would appear that LG and most carriers have abandoned early adopters. LG didn't even figure in the WP8 announcement and they have been silent on new devices, unlike Samsung, Huawei and of course Nokia.
    'If you currently own a Windows Phone 7.5 handset, Microsoft is planning to release an update with the new Windows Phone 8 Start screen.' This can means that all phones will be getting the new start screen or can mean that only Mango phones by default or 1.5 gen phones will get new start screen :)
    LG Optimus Me - LG Optimus 7

Global Posts
    3,764 Global Posts
    Mine can barely handle Mango, which is a shame since on NODO it was fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Winterfang View Post
    Mine can barely handle Mango, which is a shame since on NODO it was fantastic.
    What problems r u having with ur phone?
    My only problem with my phone is I feel my battery life can be better, but that's it. My phone works completely well.

Although Microsoft have said it will run on all devices it's still up to LG to test and certify 7.8 for release. LG appear to have abandoned their WP7 customers completely.
    Yes, there will be 7.8 update for LG Optimus 7.
    LG Optimus Me - LG Optimus 7

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    LG has abandoned their WP7 Customers.

Here is their reply to my inquiry - verbatim, complete with spelling errors (my name is Gerry, not Gerr), random characters, and a religious sign off:

Thank you for contacting LG Electronics
    Gerr, you have reached LG USA and from what I&#39ve been told regarding the LG Quantum there looks to be no update to Windows 7.8.
    You&#39re welcome to call and get a second opinion if you like anytime 24/7 toll free at 1-800-243-0000.
    Thank you for choosing LG and be blessed this New Year, Gerr!
    I will remember this when considering a LG products in the future.

I recieved the update to 7.10.8862.144 from Telus over the weekend so the 7.8 update is out there for the Optimus 7.

CoopII

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Ok ... to my surprise, and without needing any 'unplug the internet cable' tricks, the 7.8 update showed up when I connected the phone to my PC a few days back.