12-31-2012, 12:29 AM #1
- 5 Posts
Hi from Shanghai.
I'm from Italy. After going through the "tock" iterations of the iPhone (original, 3gs, 4s) - I've moved to the Lumia 920 to bet on a Microsoft ecosystem.
WP8, Windows 8 pc, Windows 8-based media center. After all that's where my roots are, from DOS 5.0 onward..
12-31-2012, 01:30 AM #3
- 5 Posts
The only things I can't really stand about WP8 so far (2 weeks into the new phone): task killing, and the way the OS deals with suspended apps.
The first is an os-only flaw: killing tasks with the back button and being sent to the start screen is just plain confusing, unintuitive, unnatural.
The second may be bad app design from third parts, but many apps will just sort of "reboot" when recalled from suspension.
All the rest, as the lack of VPN and WPA2 Enterprise support, is a bunch of small holes that will patched for sure in time, so I don't care.
12-31-2012, 03:46 AM #4
- 232 Posts
Welcome and have fun with your 920! (I certainly have).
Regarding the "killing tasks" issue: It took me a while to get used to it, but meanwhile, I like it.
BTW, I really, really like the way Symbian is handling this, though. Just press the middle button for a while, see all your task (similar to WP), touch the little "x" in the corner (Different to WP), task gone.Happy WP user :P
- By Timback in forum Nokia Lumia 900Replies: 26Last Post: 12-23-2013, 06:33 AM
- By kaoni42 in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 9Last Post: 07-24-2013, 04:44 AM
- By JamesTBurns in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 39Last Post: 12-07-2012, 06:28 AM
- By haihho in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 22Last Post: 11-13-2012, 05:37 PM
- By SJamG in forum Nokia Lumia 800Replies: 4Last Post: 11-09-2011, 09:53 AM