Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    4,403 Global Posts
    So, who's getting the Ascend W1, and why? As for me, I might be looking into it. Depends on the storage space of the phone and whether or not it has removable battery, microSD, et al.

EDIT: fixed my copy paste blunder

"Fortune cookie said: 'Outlook not so good'. I said: 'Sure, but Microsoft ships it anyway'."

I might get it if it comes out with MetroPCS (even though they will merge w/ T-Mobile in the latter part of this year). I have a $30 4G LTE plan, but I'm stuck with a lackluster Droid. Of course, it will depend on the price (hoping for $199 to even a low $149 to get people on it) and the colors available (Want cyan or white). Btw, is there any credible news about when this phone will come out?

Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    I would get one. Depends on which one arrives sooner at Mexico's Telcel. It's either the W1 or the 8S. I don't really need all the bells and whistles of flagship devices like the L920 or 8X. Plus, they can be quite expensive, even on contract here in Mexico. The W1 or 8S I might get for free.

Quote Originally Posted by AUCLABruin View Post
    I might get it if it comes out with MetroPCS (even though they will merge w/ T-Mobile in the latter part of this year). I have a $30 4G LTE plan, but I'm stuck with a lackluster Droid. Of course, it will depend on the price (hoping for $199 to even a low $149 to get people on it) and the colors available (Want cyan or white). Btw, is there any credible news about when this phone will come out?
    HUAWEI Ascend W1 arrives at VMall in China. It retail at RMB 1599 without contract.
    My first smartphone is Windows Phone.

Ooh, looks like $250 flat. I may get it, even it's a bit pricier than I expected. Seeing that it's WCDMA/GSM, I hope it may be a post-merger phone that I can still keep my plan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paladinleeds View Post
    So, who's getting the Ascend W1, and why? As for me, I might be looking into it. Depends on the storage space of the phone and whether or not it has removable battery, microSD, et al.

EDIT: fixed my copy paste blunder
    Read anything about UK availability?
    Patient Windows Phone User since October 2010 till cores and apps do us apart.

Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    4,403 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rockstarzzz View Post
    Read anything about UK availability?
    I've settled on a Nokia Lumia 920 now, so won't be getting it. Still interested to know who will though.

"Fortune cookie said: 'Outlook not so good'. I said: 'Sure, but Microsoft ships it anyway'."
    Quote Originally Posted by Paladinleeds View Post
    I've settled on a Nokia Lumia 920 now, so won't be getting it. Still interested to know who will though.
    I am planning on getting this or Ativ S depending on battery reviews. So far Ativ S is going strong. I am tired of micro managing my battery all the time. WP7 had made me give up that habit.
    Patient Windows Phone User since October 2010 till cores and apps do us apart.

Looks like Huawei better rush in bringing the W1 to the market. The Nokia 520 will take its' best selling point away fast.

Just bought one in China.. On "sale" for RMB 1299.. My only gripe is that I'm already out of space!!! I put in a 64GB flash card, but I still have 1.5GB of "other" on the phone, 195mb of apps, and basically have no space... I guess apps can't be pushed out to flash like on an android?

Otherwise, its a great cheap phone!

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Stevens2 View Post
    Just bought one in China.. On "sale" for RMB 1299.. My only gripe is that I'm already out of space!!! I put in a 64GB flash card, but I still have 1.5GB of "other" on the phone, 195mb of apps, and basically have no space... I guess apps can't be pushed out to flash like on an android?

Otherwise, its a great cheap phone!
    Reset your phone often, that would be better......lol

I've got one and I feel just ok.
    Yeah I got this phone last week other storage issue ruins this good phone limits your apps but the sd storage great for pic and music. Its very similar to my hd7 i had. Just got it for 109.99 gb. Only in stop gap until the new Nokias come out as ill have a two year contract the 820 or 920 don't take my fancy.
    Currently Use an Nokia 1020
    Own an Huawei Ascend W1
    Owned an HD7 & Nokia 710
    Was Waiting for an 2nd Gen Nokia Windows phone 8 Device
    Come on People Can't we have a new Lumia That has a SD Slot?
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Windows8PhoneFanboy
    http://flic.kr/ps/2AdVF8 - Nokia 1020 Samples

I just got my Huawei yesterday. Really glad with my purchase because it is exactly bang for buck. I don't like spending too much on phones so this was ideal to me compared to the 620 which is next in line. The 510 looked good too, but it didn't have a secondary camera so I ruled it out. Otherwise, from this one day of having my W1, I'm pretty happy! Just a matter of getting used to the OS ^^,

Oh I should say I got mine in Nairobi for about 190$, but I wish my carrier gave me more bonus items. My other phone (Huawei Ideos some 2 years ago) came with a buttload of free credit and a huge data bundle!

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    getting mine today first try with windows phone 8 operating system.

Bought one today in Canada on the WIND network. Had an HTC device on Android for the last year but HTC being HTC they discontinued the device like a month after I bought it so no updates.

Only literally a few hours usage on the Ascend W1 so I'll post a more detailed review in a few days when I've got a feel for it. First impressions are pretty nice. It's lightweight and the OS feels very responsive.

Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Got mine from CDMA Network Operator (Smartfren) here in indonesia, this W1 CDMA version is supporting EVDO Rev.B which is quite fast comparing to EVDO Rev.A
    Thats my i bought one..

also kinda bored with android, looking for another OS to fiddle with :P