Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

whether or not verizon will continue to sell the trophy is irrelevant. it's an old phone i suppose, so it makes sense that they would discontinue it, now that they have new windows phones. but lots of people have the trophy, and have no desire to upgrade at this time. we still deserve to have access to the latest update. i sent verizon an email asking when the update is coming. no response yet.

Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    I'm patient enough to wait and see if they are going to offer the update or not. Hopefully we'll here something official so we can respond accordingly (CAB, get a W8 device or bail on them).

It's really starting to look like this is basically the Nokia-and/or-rest-of-the-world update ...

Global Posts
    840 Global Posts
    Guys seriously I cannot stress to you how easy the Seven-Eighter app is. You download the tool, it gives you the link to download the wp update tool, and then you just run it a few times to get each successive update. It takes like 15 minutes max and then you're done, there's no hacking. Just select every language pack because the trophy appears to have them all (see under keyboard settings). After now just updating a Titan and an LG Quantum as well, and they work fine for calls/texts, I'm pretty certain the Trophy is fine too.

Quote Originally Posted by oldpueblo View Post
    Guys seriously I cannot stress to you how easy the Seven-Eighter app is
    well i was all set to do it... had all my languages written down, plugged in my phone and launched the program. unfortunately, it doesn't work on xp. i found the following in the comments on the seven-eighter page:

"The problem is that the VC# project is targeted to .NET 4.5 which isn't supported under Windows XP. Download the sources, in SevenEighter.csproj, change "<targetframeworkversion>v4.5</targetframeworkversion>" to "<targetframeworkversion>v4.0</targetframeworkversion>", in App.config, change "<supportedruntime sku=".NETFramework,Version=v4.5" version="v4.0">" to "<supportedruntime sku=".NETFramework,Version=v4.0" version="v4.0">". After that, you can open the project in VS 2010 and compile it. "

so it's one little change in two files to make it work on xp, and others also posted saying that it works. however, using visual studio, and compiling programs is beyond me. i tried, i installed vs 2010 express and tried to open the project, but i just couldn't figure it out.

i guess now i can only hope that enough people are in the same boat, and whoever made the program, or someone else that knows what they're doing makes the changes and posts the program.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    You're using a 12 year old OS.

Time to upgrade man.
    DavidinCT and zorb58 like this.

Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Can anyone confirm if the tethering hack is still available for those of us still on unlimited data if you do the CAB update?

Edit: I can confirm it still works going the seveneighter route.
    Last edited by janko10; 02-05-2013 at 04:11 PM.
    Thanked by:
    11B1P 
    11B1P likes this.

Guys seriously I cannot stress to you how easy the Seven-Eighter app is. You download the tool, it gives you the link to download the wp update tool, and then you just run it a few times to get each successive update. It takes like 15 minutes max and then you're done, there's no hacking. Just select every language pack because the trophy appears to have them all (see under keyboard settings). After now just updating a Titan and an LG Quantum as well, and they work fine for calls/texts, I'm pretty certain the Trophy is fine too.
    Just a bit curious, do you still have the sound enhancer option under settings? That feature is really important to me, and since I figured that this isn't from HTC, it not be there. I'm also new to WP hacking, FYI.

Sent from a GNex.

Quote Originally Posted by janko10 View Post
    You're using a 12 year old OS.

Time to upgrade man.
    of this i am well aware, and i do plan to buy a new w7 pc, but that won't happen until mid summer. so for now, i don't see any way that i can get 7.8.

Everyday I hope to see the update in Zune with no luck!

I did the CAB update on my Trophy this weekend and still have the sound enhancer. Everything so far appears a-ok.

Quote Originally Posted by carfreak715 View Post
    Just a bit curious, do you still have the sound enhancer option under settings? That feature is really important to me, and since I figured that this isn't from HTC, it not be there. I'm also new to WP hacking, FYI.

Sent from a GNex.

Worked great on my Verizon Trophy. Screw the carrier

Guys seriously I cannot stress to you how easy the Seven-Eighter app is. You download the tool, it gives you the link to download the wp update tool, and then you just run it a few times to get each successive update. It takes like 15 minutes max and then you're done, there's no hacking. Just select every language pack because the trophy appears to have them all (see under keyboard settings). After now just
    updating a Titan and an LG Quantum as well, and they work fine for calls/texts, I'm pretty certain the Trophy is fine too.

And nobody has had any problems connecting and syncing up with Zune, right?

Sent from a GNex.

Quote Originally Posted by carfreak715 View Post
    And nobody has had any problems connecting and syncing up with Zune, right?

Sent from a GNex.
    I just plugged in, fired up Zune and all my stuff's right there like before, and for fun pushed an app from the Windows Store down successfully from the web.

I used Seven-Eighter app and now my 'lock+wallpaper' setting doesn't work. It just flashes and does nothing. The rest of the phone seemed ok. I restored it back to 7.5 until I figure out what went wrong.

Oh and just as an FYI... I selected every language during seven-eighter install for my Verizon HTC Trophy

I just ran the seven eighter and so far so good. I love my new start screen and no lockscreen or other issues. Will have to monitor battery life. This will ease the pain of waiting for my new phone in April.

Quote Originally Posted by rdomico View Post
    I used Seven-Eighter app and now my 'lock+wallpaper' setting doesn't work. It just flashes and does nothing. The rest of the phone seemed ok. I restored it back to 7.5 until I figure out what went wrong.
    Did you install Lumia update by mistake?

Also Verizon Trophy comes with English and Spanish and thus no need to install all other languages. It just chews up the remaining precious little memory. :-)

On mine everything works well including Sound Enhancer.
    ..Ramesh
    Just upgraded my vodafone trophy to 7.8 using seveneighter, now I cant detect any wifi signals. Anyone any ideas how to sort?

Quote Originally Posted by Colin Robertson View Post
    Just upgraded my vodafone trophy to 7.8 using seveneighter, now I cant detect any wifi signals. Anyone any ideas how to sort?
    You may have the wrong files. I think the Vodafone Trophy is closer related the HTC HD7 than it is to the Verizon Trophy

Quote Originally Posted by dalascby View Post
    Now that the Trophy has been marked for death (EOL..end of life) by Verizon, I urge everyone to vigorously tweet @Microsoft , @VerizonWireless , @HTC and @HTCUSA and "demand" that the 7.8 update be rolled out. There is power in numbers, we have a voice...use it! They can't slap us in the face like this with no penalty, there is no way that I will buy another HTC device if this is how they are going to treat it's customers.
    I did my tweeting. Twitter is a rather effective way of getting a response from companies.

Anywho, the holdup seems to be mostly with HTC. I perused all of the HTC "Other Windows Phones" forums on here and I didn't find anyone that had gotten the 7.8 update through the official channel or even the Zune unplug trick. Only from cabs/seven-eighter.

My Trophy has been good, but it's one more reason I want to switch to a Nokia phone. They aren't slicing off a few resources from their Android machine, like HTC, to dabble in Windows Phone. Nokia is all in with WP and it will be nice to feel that love.

Quote Originally Posted by Colin Robertson View Post
    hmm, something must have gone wrong with the update. Try again from scratch. Mine is working well and I used the cab method from XDA:
    [CAB] Official WP7 Updates List up to WP 7.8 + ALL LANGUAGES complete + OEM updates - xda-developers

Just used the Seven-Eighter application, everything is working great. Just make sure you have the most recent updates from Zune before you do anything, and select all the language packs. You should be fine. The first boot will take a bit, so be aware. Overall, nothing I'm having issues with. Will definitely report if I find anything.

Sent from a GNex.

so i ended up using a win7 computer at work to use seven-eighter. i selected all languages, and it worked perfectly. i played with calendar, ie, email, camera, and streamed pandora on wifi all day and didn't encounter any issues. when i got home i synced with zune and everything looks fine, except one thing... zune says i have 2.83gb free, while the about page on the phone says 4.03gb free, which is the same that it showed before updating. not sure if that could cause any problems though. and of course, the backup that was made during the update is on that pc at work, so i need to figure out how to copy it and put it into my zuna at home, or make zune do another backup.

on another note, i got a response back from verizon. there were instructions on how to check the current firmware version (no mention of os version), and this:
    "During the software-testing phase, there are many channels of that which will receive them. Once they receive these updates, they are able to test them without affecting our customers' experience. This allows us, and the manufacturer to guarantee that there are no additional bugs, and that the software fixes things and does not cause other issues after implementation."
    "Software updates are released in waves and not every device gets the update at the same time. If your device is in need of an update please allow a few days for this update to be pushed to your device."

i appreciate that they responded to me, but my message to them was specifically centered on the os update, and they responded only with firmware info, and what seems to be a cut and paste response about updates in general.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    1,736 Global Posts
    So, no one has been able to connect their phone zune and get the update yet ? Just wondering if anyone has had any luck with that yet.. I have a family member who has a factory Trophy (not unlocked) so is the only way to get it the cab method now ?
    XV6700(Apache)>XV6800->HTC Touch Pro 2(XV6875) ->HTC Trophy ->VZW HTC 8X ->Nokia Lumia 928 -> Nokia Lumia ICON (929)

Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Seven eighter seems to work fine for me. I only selected the English and Spanish languages. So far so good. It's amazing how much bigger the Trophy screen seems now without the alley on the side. It's been a good improvement.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast