Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Global Posts
    1,716 Global Posts
    Have not tested it yet but, There is one !!! You need to have your phone unlocked and can install custom roms (it's not that hard to do but, there is a process).

[ROM] (First) HTC Spark W 7.8 (US Trophy) Sianto Edition - xda-developers

thoughts ?
    XV6700(Apache)>XV6800->HTC Touch Pro 2(XV6875) ->HTC Trophy ->VZW HTC 8X ->Nokia Lumia 928 -> Nokia Lumia ICON (929)

Thanked by:
    thed 

Global Posts
    246 Global Posts
    I have been on it for a while now. Pretty smooth. My only complaint is that it doesnt sync with the Windows Phone app on my Surface.

Other than that its great. Makes me even more excited for getting the 8x!

Global Posts
    3,294 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lucas.scott View Post
    I have been on it for a while now. Pretty smooth. My only complaint is that it doesnt sync with the Windows Phone app on my Surface.

Other than that its great. Makes me even more excited for getting the 8x!
    Hey would you know if you can increase the font size on7.8 like you can on 8 ?

Global Posts
    1,292 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lucas.scott View Post
    My only complaint is that it doesnt sync with the Windows Phone app on my Surface.
    What does the WP app on the Surface do?

So DavidinCT, have you tried this ROM yet?

I've decided to pass on WP8 for now but I'm looking to breathe some new life into my Trophy, and I'm thinking that a custom ROM may be the way to go. But when I browse through XDA it seems like every ROM out there has some sort of issue. I'm basically just looking for something very stable that I can install WP Root tools on. Preferably it doesn't break anything that's there in the stock WP7.5 ROM, like Internet Sharing. 7.8 would be nice, but I'm not opposed to using something based on 7.5, as long as it's stable.

Sometimes it's a little overwhelming trying to read through all the threads for the different ROMs to see if anyone is having issues. Plus I'm new when it comes to this stuff and I don't want to clutter up XDA with noob questions. Does anyone have any tips on good ROMs? Is this one working well for people?

As soon as I find something that looks stable I'll buy my Gold Card parts and get to flashing.

Global Posts
    1,716 Global Posts
    Have you tried it yet ? It runs great. There are new 8858 roms out there too...
    XV6700(Apache)>XV6800->HTC Touch Pro 2(XV6875) ->HTC Trophy ->VZW HTC 8X ->Nokia Lumia 928 -> Nokia Lumia ICON (929)

Quote Originally Posted by DavidinCT View Post
    Have you tried it yet ? It runs great. There are new 8858 roms out there too...
    I haven't yet, but only because there was some sort of shipping delay for my order. I'm still waiting on the USB gender changer. As soon as that comes in I'll get to it and update here.

Global Posts
    1,716 Global Posts
    Anyone with a VZW Trophy and want the RTM version of 7.8 8858...download this one...

[UPE/OS]★( `.Windows Phone 7.8 for HTC Spark_W(Veriz.)[7.10.8858.136][RTM].)★ - xda-developers

A perfect rom, works great, everything works fine, and no real bloat ware but, has the root tools you need to have a fully unlocked device...

I am running it and I will swear by it, it's just awsome...

Developer

Global Posts
    835 Global Posts
    I'm running the rom the OP mentioned and it runs smoothly. There are some issues on it, like how some live tiles in small size look really screwed up and how the Settings>About page has a typo. I'm going to try the rom David referenced!