Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 47 of 47
  1. xmind's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    24 Posts
    #26  
    unfortunately that ruling was only for the LTE bands, not the 3G bands the Trophy is using...so we can't use that as a glimmer of hope of getting free tethering here...
  2. crazie's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    17 Posts
    #27  
    Your phone accesses the network via a specific address: yournumber@vzw3g.com for normal network (based on what I've read). It uses a slightly different name for the tethering. I think Verizon has your address tied to permissions based on your plan type.
  3. Tjarren's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    148 Posts
    Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    #28  
    I've been stuck on Step 6 of 10 for almost a half hour. Is that normal? If I cancel it will it ... break anything?

    EDIT: I canceled and got a horrible error message with an error code C101002E. If my phone is now bricked, I'm going to cry. I DESPERATELY need it for tomorrow.
    Last edited by Tjarren; 08-01-2012 at 11:54 PM.
  4. crazie's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    17 Posts
    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tjarren View Post
    I've been stuck on Step 6 of 10 for almost a half hour. Is that normal? If I cancel it will it ... break anything?
    Certainly not normal in my experience. About one hour was what it took for me to complete the update I think (all 3). I'm not sure about what happens if you cancel. Also, my updates only have 9 steps total, not 10.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
  5. daknarr's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    20 Posts
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    #30  
    Zune says I have update 7.10.7740.16 available. When I try the upgrade thing, I get and error. I don't even see Tango yet. Will I be able to upgrade to Tango from 7720, or will I have to go to 7740, then 7780 before Tango?
    Last edited by daknarr; 08-02-2012 at 01:57 AM. Reason: Whoops...there is no 7780...
  6. daknarr's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    20 Posts
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    #31  
    Got error code 800700CE. WTH is that?
  7. derek533's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    264 Posts
    Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by crazie View Post
    For all those who are grandfathered in on an unlimited data plan.....

    For anyone tethering: They know you're tethering because of a setting in your PST that sees data go through dun.vzw3g.com, rather than vzw3g.com. They know you're tethering. Will they do anything about it? Probably not. But, I don't take any chances. Here's what you do:



    I take no credit, except for trying it. Follow the instructions exactly and it works like a charm. This post was written with my iPad tethered tony Trophy. Source link below:

    Tethering? - Android Forums


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Has this been confirmed that it works?

    I know when I had the Droid X, they (Verizon) would automatically redirect you to their mobile hotspot internet page to pay for the service. Didn't matter if I was using PDAnet or Barnacle or whatever. I was always redirected to Verizon's website to pay for tethering.

    Come to find out, Verizon knows if your tethering on a Droid X because the data stream comes from a different place when sharing a connection. There was a hack for that exploited by Team Black Hat where you would use the actual radio software programming that Motorola uses and you could change the data streams to where all incoming data to Verizon looked as though it originated on the phone. Ever since I found that, I was able to tether problem free.
  8. psiu_glen's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    522 Posts
    Global Posts
    523 Global Posts
    #33  
    Just followed these instructions, got the tethering working no problem. Don't plan on using it much (maybe not until I have a 4G WP anyway) but nice to have in my back pocket.
  9. rkremers's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    127 Posts
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    #34  
    Hey,

    Updated my Trophy to Tango last night, and tried tethering, and it works with changing the settings after going into the #778 menu.

    Anyway, here is my issue. So far, I've received text messages from 3-4 different people and two of them now conclude with "call back at THEIR NUMBER." There's nothing in my settings that shows this is an option that I enabled.

    Anyone have any ideas? I found a thread on another forum from early July, but it died quickly, and no one had an answer. Any ideas?

    THANKS!
  10. psiu_glen's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    522 Posts
    Global Posts
    523 Global Posts
    #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by sabi View Post
    Hey,

    Updated my Trophy to Tango last night, and tried tethering, and it works with changing the settings after going into the #778 menu.

    Anyway, here is my issue. So far, I've received text messages from 3-4 different people and two of them now conclude with "call back at THEIR NUMBER." There's nothing in my settings that shows this is an option that I enabled.

    Anyone have any ideas? I found a thread on another forum from early July, but it died quickly, and no one had an answer. Any ideas?

    THANKS!
    Maybe that is a Tango thing...i started getting that sometime recently (and I installed via the .cabs). Not from all numbers, but seems like from dumb phones...hmm.
  11. rkremers's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    127 Posts
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by psiu_glen View Post
    Maybe that is a Tango thing...i started getting that sometime recently (and I installed via the .cabs). Not from all numbers, but seems like from dumb phones...hmm.
    It's odd, of the three of my friend whose text messages now show the "call back at" signature, one is a feature phone, one is an older android device (the R2D2 one) and I believe the third is the newer droid razr. It's a small annoyance, but I suppose I can live with it.
  12. psiu_glen's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    522 Posts
    Global Posts
    523 Global Posts
    #37  
    Okay somewhere around June 20th-30th I started getting the "call back" nonsense from 3 Verizon dumbphones. Now I need to see when I installed Tango...or maybe it is an unrelated VZW thing.
  13. rkremers's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    127 Posts
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by psiu_glen View Post
    Okay somewhere around June 20th-30th I started getting the "call back" nonsense from 3 Verizon dumbphones. Now I need to see when I installed Tango...or maybe it is an unrelated VZW thing.
    Mine definitely started showing up the second I updated to Tango, BUT I think all three people who I have this problem with use Verizon, so maybe it's tied to that.
  14. psiu_glen's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    522 Posts
    Global Posts
    523 Global Posts
    #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by sabi View Post
    Mine definitely started showing up the second I updated to Tango, BUT I think all three people who I have this problem with use Verizon, so maybe it's tied to that.
    Yeah it appears to be. Found some old complaints dating back to 2009 from Blackberry owners on Verizon. Seems to be an issue with them. You can get the offenders to disable the call back number and it will put an end to it.
  15. crazie's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    17 Posts
    #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by derek533 View Post
    Has this been confirmed that it works?

    I know when I had the Droid X, they (Verizon) would automatically redirect you to their mobile hotspot internet page to pay for the service. Didn't matter if I was using PDAnet or Barnacle or whatever. I was always redirected to Verizon's website to pay for tethering.

    Come to find out, Verizon knows if your tethering on a Droid X because the data stream comes from a different place when sharing a connection. There was a hack for that exploited by Team Black Hat where you would use the actual radio software programming that Motorola uses and you could change the data streams to where all incoming data to Verizon looked as though it originated on the phone. Ever since I found that, I was able to tether problem free.
    The first part of my post should have been quoted also...because that was taken directly from the instructions I found.

    You are somewhat correct about tethering. Based on what I've read, your normal data connection goes through "yournumber(at)vzw3g.com", but tethering goes through "yournumber(at)dun.vzw3g.com". So anything going through the "dun" connection can get routed to Verizon's Internet Sharing subscription site. Following these instructions routes the tethered data through the same data pipe as the un-tethered data, so VZW, on there end, can't tell if it's tethered or not.

    Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but that's what I understand from everything I've read.
  16. AngryNil's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,378 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,382 Global Posts
    #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jleebiker View Post
    Attaching a video I can see, but a ringtone?
    Do you have a custom ringtone?
  17. msft_tinkering's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    80 Posts
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    #42  
    this call back at #### stuff in SMS is RETARDED. How do I make it go away?
    Garth H
    Santa Clara, CA
    Nokia Lumia Icon on VZW (personal)
    HTC 8X (work phone also on VZW)
  18. psiu_glen's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    522 Posts
    Global Posts
    523 Global Posts
    #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by webdev511 View Post
    this call back at #### stuff in SMS is RETARDED. How do I make it go away?
    tell whoever it is to disable that feature in their phones...sadly...
  19. rkremers's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    127 Posts
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by psiu_glen View Post
    tell whoever it is to disable that feature in their phones...sadly...
    I get that, but the problem only popped up when I updated to Tango, so something in the update is making my phone (and other's) show this...
  20. thed's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    993 Posts
    #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by sabi View Post
    I get that, but the problem only popped up when I updated to Tango, so something in the update is making my phone (and other's) show this...
    There was a Verizon update that, among other things, made sure this "feature" is working correctly on WP. It was done intentionally.

    Anyway, if you ask nicely I don't see why someone would be reluctant to turn it off. It's enabled by default on feature phones. I'm guessing most people probably don't even know that it's on.

    Sent from my HTC Trophy using Board Express
  21. William Fields's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1 Posts
    #46  
    I can confirm that the "M.IP Default Profile." is locked down on my Verizon HTC 8x (Windows Phone 8). I got into Edit mode and none of the settings can be edited.

  22. crazie's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    17 Posts
    #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by William Fields View Post
    I can confirm that the "M.IP Default Profile." is locked down on my Verizon HTC 8x (Windows Phone 8). I got into Edit mode and none of the settings can be edited.

    I can also confirm this for the Lumia 822. I have a friend who bought one recently and I tried to enable this on her phone. You cab get into the edit mode, but the M.IP settings are missing.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

B