Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Just got back from a trip to the Verizon wireless store and had to share this story. I went into my local corporate Verizon store to purchase the Trophy. The person looked at me like I was an ***** and said "you don't want that phone, it is a crap phone and is being phased out". She then steered me toward the droids. I asked to take a look at the Trophy anyways and she said they don't have any. I asked if they had any dummy's or demo's and she said no. Then I asked if they even stock it and she said no. I looked at every phone in the store and there wasn't a single Trophy. Wow! Microsoft better get their relationship with Verizon in a better place. I hope it's better with AT&T.

It's pretty clear at this point Verizon wants nothing to do with Microsoft.

Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    Verizon is clueless. Bet they have no idea about the app market hitting 50,000 apps...I returned the mighty Verizon Nexus and am back to using my Trophy. Mango rules and is still the best OS I have ever seen on a phone.

Tell them Trophy has the highest ratings of any current Verizon phone at amazon (It's true). They probably would not believe it.

Quote Originally Posted by KingCrimson View Post
    It's pretty clear at this point Verizon wants nothing to do with Microsoft.
    Last edited by BigCTM1; 12-27-2011 at 05:50 PM.

Global Posts
    1,129 Global Posts
    Verizon is the best service where I am. But if I walked into my local Verizon store, and they fed me that line of bull. I seriously would consider going back to AT&T and deal with spotty service.
    Your choice is your choice, and no rep should be allowed to try and sway you to another OS by telling you your choice is crap.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,337 Global Posts
    I purchased mine online after looking at it in the store. I highly recommend buying online.

Sent from my Windows 7 Phone using Board Express

I talked to a rep on the phone and chatted with one online and they were both very positive about the Trophy. The one on the chat seemed insincere, though. I honestly think it is going to be hit or miss with sales reps. They're people, too.

Carrier: Verizon Wireless
    Phones: HTC 8X & HTC Trophy & Samsung Focus
    PC:Dell Studio XPS 1640

My app: Plant Guide

Spitfire 4.0, my HTC Imagio, rest in peace.

Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    It's one thing if they try to sway someone who has no idea about which phone they want but if the customer already knows what they want, the rep should just respect that and help in whatever way they can without insulting their phone choice. I almost always buy online.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    964 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scottcraft View Post
    I purchased mine online after looking at it in the store. I highly recommend buying online.

Sent from my Windows 7 Phone using Board Express
    I would too, mainly because it is considerably cheaper on-line right now.

Other notable devices:
    Windows laptops: Asus VivoBook X202E (Windows 8), HP Pavilion g4-1215dx (Windows 7)
    Chromebooks: Samsung Chromebook XE303

Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    So, I am in the Phoenix area and I went to a different VZW corp store and they also had no demo to try, but did have one in stock. It was the only one in stock. I bought it and love it! I agree it is unfortunate that a rep would try to sway someone who already knows what they want. Oh well. Android brainwashing at its best. p.s., I did try the Nexus, and while it has gotten better, it is still 3rd in my opinion after Windows and iOS.

Check eBay. I got what looks to be a new device for $200. I'm off contract and can sit back until VZ gets a 3rd Gen WP7 device.

Sent from my Trophy using Board Express

I know the corporate store in Beaumont, Tx does not have a Trophy for display. However, it had two Galaxy Nexus(es?). One of them was broken, though, so I felt a little better.

Phones: HTC 8X & HTC Trophy & Samsung Focus
    PC:Dell Studio XPS 1640

My app: Plant Guide

Spitfire 4.0, my HTC Imagio, rest in peace.

Global Posts
    964 Global Posts
    FWIW, all the corporate Verizon Wireless stores I've been in over the last couple of months in the DC area (plus a few in the Harrisburg, PA and Allentown/Bethlehem/Easton, PA areas) have had a live Trophy on display.

Other notable devices:
    Windows laptops: Asus VivoBook X202E (Windows 8), HP Pavilion g4-1215dx (Windows 7)

Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    The corporate store in Fort Wayne, Indiana has a live one on display but doesnt have Mango on it.

I had a similar experience to the OP. I had to ck 3 Verizon stores before I found one that the Trophy in stock. Then the sales woman kept trying to talk me out of getting one with questions like "You know this is a WINDOWS PHONE dont you?" "Why do you want one of these?" and similar statements/questions.
    After reading all the reviews online as well as shifting through this forum it seems to be the best replacement for my original Droid.
    Right now I am waiting for the Trophy to charge so I can start setting it up/playing with it. ;)

A buddy of mine went to the local VZW store to get a wp7 and they told him he was the first person to buy one. They also told him there was no support for this phone and he couldn't call for help. When I got my WP7 from ebay, I called VZW 800 number and they were very helpful and told me the local store was wrong.

I've only seen three people with a WP7, so I can understand why the stores are pushing the others. They don't know how to help customers with questions. Also, Microsoft and VZW had a big mishap with the Kin. I personally liked my Kin, but they didn't sell well, and they had to totally update the OS to get the remaining stock out the door...
    Current Phone: HTC Trophy

Device: Zune 120

Previous Phones:
    Audiovox Thera 2032, Samsung SCH-i600, UTStarcom XV-6700, HTC XV6800, Motorola Qm, Kin TwoM, Samsung Omnia II

Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    I have noticed a lot of people downplay the Trophy, especially Verizon corporate reps. When I walked in to trade out my Thunderbolt several of the employee's asked "Why would you want to do that?" or "Have you not liked your droid's?". 9/10 times Verizon wont carry these in their stores and have little marketing on them, but as soon as you put one of these devices in the hands of the general customer...they love it.

I have been trying to get the Trophy in my location for a while and they are special order items (I work for a Verizon Premium Retailer in TX). I have customers all the time asking me what type of phone I carry and I will show them it and they are amazed at just how smooth the operating system is and just how easy it is to use compared to their current Android, Blackberry, and even iPhone.
    Current Phone: HTC Trophy
    Previous Phones: Samsung i760 - HTC Droid Eris - Blackberry Storm 2 - Samsung Fascinate - Droid X2 - HTC Thunderbolt

Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Similar things that have been posted already, happened to me when I went to purchase my Trophy. The amount of times they tried to sway me into buying either an iPhone, or an Android device was quite sad, even after I had already stated multiple times that I'm not looking at either of those two...I had to have my phone ordered though, since the Verizon store here didn't carry them in stock, but yet, our Best Buy did, which is where I got to check it out in person before I went to Verizon to order it lol. I'm quite happy with my choice still, hasn't let me down yet. :D

Global Posts
    964 Global Posts
    What's ironic about Verizon reps downplaying the Trophy (which I have also experienced) is that the Trophy has mostly glowing reviews from users on Verizon Wireless' own website. The average score over the nearly 800 reviews on the site is 4.5 stars out of 5 stars.

On an unrelated side note, I was surprised that Verizon's recent announcement about discontinuing the sales of some devices, including the Motorola Droid 3, LG Revolution, and Palm Pre 2, did NOT include the Trophy, considering how much most Verizon reps downplay it.

Other notable devices:

Global Posts
    5,056 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CHIP72 View Post
    What's ironic about Verizon reps downplaying the Trophy (which I have also experienced) is that the Trophy has mostly glowing reviews from users on Verizon Wireless' own website. The average score over the nearly 800 reviews on the site is 4.5 stars out of 5 stars.

On an unrelated side note, I was surprised that Verizon's recent announcement about discontinuing the sales of some devices, including the Motorola Droid 3, LG Revolution, and Palm Pre 2, did NOT include the Trophy, considering how much most Verizon reps downplay it.
    That's because they discontinue it when something is around he corner to replace it which is not the case with the trophy since Verizon seems to not care about getting second Gen wp devices anytime soon.

Global Posts
    5,056 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CHIP72 View Post
    FWIW, all the corporate Verizon Wireless stores I've been in over the last couple of months in the DC area (plus a few in the Harrisburg, PA and Allentown/Bethlehem/Easton, PA areas) have had a live Trophy on display.
    Yeah those stores in pa seem to have every phone available to play with at least at the hbg location.

Global Posts
    1,890 Global Posts
    Typical when a Phone Company have other devices they consider "Hero" phones. Those are the one's they agree to push and the sales reps get extra $ for each Hero device they sell. Thye don't give a crap what you think or want, they get the $$ if they sell you what the Company wants to be pushed..:mad:

Quote Originally Posted by redraider133 View Post
    Yeah those stores in pa seem to have every phone available to play with at least at the hbg location.
    When I got mine back in september the store in harrisburg didn't have any in stock. They had the display phone which my fiancee and I tried out. We wanted two phones, and they called around until they found them for us. We went to mechanicsburg to get them because we were switching to Verizon, and I was going out of town for a week. It was either drive there, be without a phone for a week, or get an iphone or android. The 20 min drive was very worth it. Plus they gave us the online pricing in the store. Saved us $100.