Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    No data now with Mango anyone else see this ?

Tried *228 no luck.

Restore from backup I guess?
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    8,748 Global Posts
    Did you check settings and mobile network to see if it's on?
    Check out the great deals on Windows Phone Accessories: http://store.wpcentral.com

Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    Yep... mutiple times.. tried toggling it.. etc...

Pulled battery.. no joy...

Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    Yep.. was the update for sure.. rolled back to pre-mango.. all is well.. Must be something in the ROM ? Radio drivers ? Dunno....

Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    OH.. and.. I'm officially DONE with VZW. Will be a Trophy for sale in December. Seems they no longer give corp discount on data plans that are not unlimited.

Bye VZW. Hello AT&T ! and hopefully something nice like the Focus S !

Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    Yeah killed mine too. I was hoping someone here would have a fix but not seeing anything. I'm so sad. Mango is so good but is leaving a bit of a sour taste right now :(

Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by waycoolkennel View Post
    OH.. and.. I'm officially DONE with VZW. Will be a Trophy for sale in December. Seems they no longer give corp discount on data plans that are not unlimited.

Bye VZW. Hello AT&T ! and hopefully something nice like the Focus S !
    bad reason to go to that trashy att...I agree vzw is greedy but att flat out sucks,,you will see
    11B1P likes this.

Mine's dead too. According to XDA a hard reset will fix it.

Top notch testing, Verizon. Nice work.

So I just had an idea. When my phone started up for the first time after updating to Mango I noticed that it ran the HTC connection setup app. Maybe that killed the 3G? I'm gonna restore from backup and uninstall the connection settings app, then try the update again. Will let you folks know how it goes.
    Last edited by thed; 09-28-2011 at 08:41 AM.

Sorry for the triple post but I have good news to report! I rolled back to Nodo and tried again, but I did 2 things differently this time before installing Mango again. First, I uninstalled the HTC connection setup app. Second, I made sure to turn cellular data back on after doing the "pull the plug" trick to get the update to show up but BEFORE I actually installed the update.

I'm not sure which one of these helped but I now have working 3G on Mango! I haven't reinstalled Connection Setup for fear of screwing things up, but I never really needed it anyway.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by thed; 09-28-2011 at 08:38 AM. Reason: grammar
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,340 Global Posts
    What is the HTC connection app? I've got the HTC hub but I'm not sure about a connection app.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    8,748 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scottcraft View Post
    What is the HTC connection app? I've got the HTC hub but I'm not sure about a connection app.
    Since there is a lack of setting on WP7 for setting up a carrier. The program does it for you.

I have a GSM only Trophy and I had to use it to setup my phone with AT&T so I had all the functions.

You have a locked Verizon Trophy, so probably won't ever need it unless you are out of the country and need to use a GSM SIM card
    Check out the great deals on Windows Phone Accessories: http://store.wpcentral.com
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,340 Global Posts
    Where can I find the connection app on my phone? I'm looking around but not seeing it.

Sent from my Windows 7 phone using Board Express
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    8,748 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scottcraft View Post
    Where can I find the connection app on my phone? I'm looking around but not seeing it.

When you go to the marketplace, do you have an option for "HTC Apps"? That's what I have on my phone. If not, just search for HTC Connection Setup.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,340 Global Posts
    Found it in the market with the rest of the HTC apps. It's not installed so I guess that's one thing I don't have to worry about.

I forced the update to Mango and have not had any of the issues described above.
    <Insert witty comment here.>

Yeah, connection setup is one of the HTC apps. I had installed it just because I was curious about what it does. After what happened to me, I wouldn't recommend installing it unless you need to use GSM.

Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    Had to hard reset after the update. Data radio now works. :(

Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    Oh.. and I've already been on AT&T here its not so bad.. I also own a Focus ;-) fwiw.

I purchased a Trophy off contract for the purpose of keeping my existing contract and grandfather til the contract expires (December).

Basically VZW told me they would not honor the contract.. made me get new plans all around. so I went from $71 a month to $90 when the device I have now uses data identically to the HTC Imagio I had before. The only thing that changed was a device I paid for in full off contract.

F VERIZON. A contract is a contract it doesnt work unidirectional.

I dont give a ratts **** if AT&T is the worst on the planet. I'm Not giving VZW another dime. December 17th I'm an AT&T customer.

Nuf said.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,340 Global Posts
    I was able to force the update to mango and I didn't have any problems with 3G. Loving the mango goodness!
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    8,748 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by waycoolkennel View Post
    Oh.. and I've already been on AT&T here its not so bad.. I also own a Focus ;-) fwiw.

I purchased a Trophy off contract for the purpose of keeping my existing contract and grandfather til the contract expires (December).

Basically VZW told me they would not honor the contract.. made me get new plans all around. so I went from $71 a month to $90 when the device I have now uses data identically to the HTC Imagio I had before. The only thing that changed was a device I paid for in full off contract.

F VERIZON. A contract is a contract it doesnt work unidirectional.

I dont give a ratts **** if AT&T is the worst on the planet. I'm Not giving VZW another dime. December 17th I'm an AT&T customer.

Nuf said.
    There's a lot of issues with U.S. carriers. Most people don't know that they have CDMA phones in Asia, but they have a CDMA SIM type card, so you can switch CDMA carriers and still use the same phone.

In Europe if you buy your phone outright, you get a much lower rate.

Nokia had to agree not to sell unlocked, unbranded phones over here to get back into the US market.

I always buy unlocked, unbranded phones and I am always on a 30 day and out contract.

Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    i had to reset my phone to get 3g back also ... oh well ....

I'm in New York and there is no issues with me. My 3G is fine.

After two failed updates, uninstalling the connection manager did the trick for me. Thanks!

I as well lost 3g when upgrading to Mango, likely due to the HTC connection setup app being installed. I tried to rollback, but it doesn't look like Zune backed up my phone first. It said it was creating a backup during the zune installation but the folder is empty? Has anyone else seen this? It looks like my only option now is to do a device reset, but I really don't want to lose all my app data.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast