Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I dropped it yesterday. Was a soft drop, but it all happened so fast. I was with a friend of mine that has an iPhone with basically Iron Man's Mark V armor on it and he kept saying "that won't be the ♪ lassssssst tiiiiiiiiiiiime ♫". So now I'm a bit paranoid and would like to know what good options are out there. Bing and Google haven't been as useful as I'd hoped.

So does anyone out there have a good one that they can recommend?

There are a bunch over on Amazon. My wife just order a couple for hers, the hard plastic/rubber ones for like $3 each.

I picked one up at the Microsoft Store yesterday. Went in there on my way to Verizon, saw that they had a Trophy Specific hard case, immediately bought it. It set me back $25 but im glad I got it! No bulk, same color as the phone (They had red as well, both colors in a Matte or Glossy finish) and it offers great access to all buttons, speakers, sensors.

Stopped by the Verizon store after picking it up, still no accessories...

Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Pictures?
    I dont have a store by me and cant seam to find anything on line.
    Thanks
    Chris

EDIT: I found the amazon cases. they look correct but I heard there may be 2 different versions of the Trophy and am not sure these work on the US/Verizon phone.
    Last edited by zreddog; 06-15-2011 at 10:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GadgetTron View Post
    I picked one up at the Microsoft Store yesterday. Went in there on my way to Verizon, saw that they had a Trophy Specific hard case, immediately bought it. It set me back $25 but im glad I got it! No bulk, same color as the phone (They had red as well, both colors in a Matte or Glossy finish) and it offers great access to all buttons, speakers, sensors.

Stopped by the Verizon store after picking it up, still no accessories...
    What's the brand for that? I went to the MS Store website and there's nothing there.

I've been reading good things about Otterbox cases, but there is not one forthe Trophy.

Quote Originally Posted by Tjarren View Post
    What's the brand for that? I went to the MS Store website and there's nothing there.

I've been reading good things about Otterbox cases, but there is not one forthe Trophy.
    I picked up a case for $24.99 at the Microsoft Store where I live. It is a "Technocel Soft Touch Accent Shield". The packaging says it is for use with the Trophy. The MS rep pointed it out for me and even inserted my phone into it for me. He was impressed with the feel and how well it fit the Trophy, and was considering switching to a Trophy instead of his Venue Pro and Focus. This is probably the same case that GadgetTron picked up.

Its the Technocel case. MicrosoftStore.com doesnt appear to have it online, yet. They were very new to the stores so I would assume that they will show up online sometime soon. Like Mandos, my expearience was excellent. The employee offered to put it on for me, and even let me try the "test case" in the other color to make sure I was happy with my decision.

Quote Originally Posted by GadgetTron View Post
    Its the Technocel case. MicrosoftStore.com doesnt appear to have it online, yet. They were very new to the stores so I would assume that they will show up online sometime soon. Like Mandos, my expearience was excellent. The employee offered to put it on for me, and even let me try the "test case" in the other color to make sure I was happy with my decision.
    Does it seem as if it will take drop impacts well?

Quote Originally Posted by Tjarren View Post
    Does it seem as if it will take drop impacts well?
    It provides excellent protection against immediate "were and tear" and while I have not (and will not intentionally, lol) tried the protection against drop impacts, it feels that it will provide really good protection. The phone fits snug, yet not overly tight. It will definitely not pop out upon impact, so no worries there. I've been happy with it!

I don't live anywhere NEAR a Microsoft Store and this thing doesn't exist online anywhere. Ugh ...

If you're looking for a sleeve case (I'm notorious with mixing cell phones and keys :/), I'd highly recommend the Waterfield Suede Jacket Cell Phone Case. I highly recommend size 53 since I help them size the case out with my Trophy ;)

http://www.sfbags.com/products/cellp...hone-cases.php

I bought a Case-Mate "Barely There" hard case and it is fantastic. It doesn't add any bulk to the phone, it has that same "soft touch" feel, just like the Trophy phone itself does. I've heard from some people that Case-Mate isn't selling the "Barely There" case anymore but I do believe they have others available for the Trophy. I bought mine on amazon, but I think Case-Mate sells directly from their website as well.

Global Posts
    1,111 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyterio View Post
    I bought a Case-Mate "Barely There" hard case and it is fantastic. It doesn't add any bulk to the phone, it has that same "soft touch" feel, just like the Trophy phone itself does. I've heard from some people that Case-Mate isn't selling the "Barely There" case anymore but I do believe they have others available for the Trophy. I bought mine on amazon, but I think Case-Mate sells directly from their website as well.
    link? this case is no longer available for sale.
    BB Tour > BB Bold > Droid X > Fascinate > WP7 HTC Trophy! : )

Here is a link to the only case that Case-Mate is now carrying for the Trophy. I think there is another thread floating around that someone started explaining that Case-Mate is no longer selling the "Barely There" case.

HTC Trophy Pop! case with stand by Case-Mate

Here is an ebay link for the "Barely There" case.

Case-Mate HTC Trophy Barely There Black | eBay

I found a number of gel skins and covers for my trophy on Amazon, but now it won't fit in the holster that I have. I got a larger gel skin which makes it easier to hold, and relatively cheap. Unfortunately it also makes it longer, and so I have not found a holster that will work. Amazon does have one case and holster combo, but didn't like the look. Any suggestions?

I can vouch for the Case-mate Barely There case. I hardly take it off my Trophy and its solid in construction, all be it a little thin. Offers great protection.

To be honest it's probably the best non-leather based case out there for the phone.
    Phone: HTC 7 Trophy - 7.5
    Provider: Vodafone UK

Wholesale iPhone Accessories, Buy Wholesale iPhone Accessories From China, there has lots of good protective case.
    Wholesale iPhone Accessories, Buy Wholesale iPhone Accessories From China
    good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Cyterio View Post
    I have this case also it is brilliant and you literally can't tell its there. Its great as buttons become flush with the case so cant be pressed by accident aswell. look for casemate on google.

I bought two cases. An empire brand case off of Amazon (Amazon.com: EMPIRE Black Rubberized Hard Case Cover for HTC Trophy T8686: Cell Phones & Accessories). It's a solid case, soft/smooth backing, not too bad. Fits the Trophy well and provides all around protection.

I switched to the Barely There by Case-Mate (Amazon.com: Case-Mate Barely There Slim Case for HTC Trophy - Black: Electronics) too. And that's the one I keep on it.

But I will say, if you want protection from drops, etc, the Barely There really is Barely There. I don't think it would provide the same protection as the Empire case. And it leaves parts of the phone exposed that the Empire does not. Corners are protected with the BT, the sides are protected, but the top and bottom are mostly exposed.

But that's the type of protection I'm looking for. It will depend on what you're looking for.

The Barely There leaves your phone at pretty much the original size, but with minor protection.

The Empire bulks the phone up a bit (not bad) but provides better protection.

Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    I use an incipio, very nice. Rubber inner and and plastic snap on over that. Comes with a screen protector too.

Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Just ordered the Incipio HT-190 Feather case - Amazon.com: Incipio HT-190 Feather for HTC Trophy - 1 Pack - Carrying Case - Retail Packaging - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories

Will take a couple shots of it when it comes in and post for those interested.

The incipio looks very nice. Very similar to the Barely There. Had I seen that one, I would have considered it indeed. Looking forward to the pictures.

Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Apologies for the low-res images but took it with another camera phone and didn't save the high-res versions down.

I wanted a case that would protect it from scratches on the sides and back which is exactly what the Incipio Feather case does. If you are looking for a case that covers all corners and surfaces, this case is not for you.

The case itself is a single piece that snaps on very easily and securely to the back and covers the entire back and sides of the phone. However, it does not provide any protection to the top or bottom sides of the phone. The material itself is a little bit more flimsy than I had anticipated but still feels sturdy enough to protect it from accidental scuffs and a small drop. The grip itself on the case feels very good, and is a sort of matte finish that does not show fingerprints. I did have some trouble getting adjusted to pressing the volume rocker and it does miss sometimes due to the case, but nothing that I cannot live with. The case tried to adjust for this by not covering a small section of the back where the volume rocker flows into, and it works well enough.

Not really used to giving out any sort of in-depth reviews on this - it does what I need for the purpose I wanted it to do. Feel like its not there while providing some minor protection - although I think the price is a bit high at $25. Case comes with a screen protector (did not use) and a microfiber cloth. Definitely looks good though as if its not there so I am 4/5 satisfied withthe purchase. Feel free to ask any questions.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails incipio-onback.jpg   incipio-onfront.jpg   incipio-side.jpg  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast