Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 21 of 21
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Maziar.a
  • 1 Post By VividBlue
  • 1 Post By dbgman
  • 1 Post By Narr
  1.    #1  
    How is the e-book reading and web browsing experience on Your Titan?
    What about watching movies,listening to music and gaming?
    Do You find 16 GB memory enough for that?
  2. TheWeeBear's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    5,293 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,295 Global Posts
    #2  
    Good afternoon cyrus_the_great, everyone is different of course but for me 16 GB is more than I need, heck I never even filled my 8GB Omnia 7.

    I never have any music on my phone though it's all streamed so no need for storage space for my music.

    Not everyone has unlimited data plans of course, but I think you could get plenty of songs on your 16 GB for a good listening period before you get fed up with them and need a change.

    I find browsing great in IE, suits my needs fine.

    Only ereading I have done is with the Amazon Kindle app and that suits me fine too.

    I've only converted 3 movies to my Titan just to see what they would look like and they were stunning, this isn't something I'd do much either but if you were maybe going somewhere for a couple of days and wanted a couple of movies on hand, that would do fine.

    As I said 16GB is way more than I need but not enough for others who have to have their phone stuffed to the brim with apps and music. :)

    I have 30+ Xbox Live games installed, and around 90 apps installed and have 9GB storage left so as you can see way more than I need. :)

    But everyone has different needs from their phone than I do. :D
    Last edited by TheWeeBear; 01-18-2012 at 09:17 AM.

    .........HANDSET: Nokia Lumia 920
    .........COUNTRY: Scotland UK
    .........NETWORK: 3 UK
    Thanked by:
  3.    #3  
    yeah those things depend on user,
    you don't have any music on your phone!that's weird!! Lol
  4. TheWeeBear's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    5,293 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,295 Global Posts
    #4  
    No need for any stored music with a Zune Pass cyrus_the_great. :)

    Although if I wanted, I could download songs too.

    I use Zune Pass and streaming radio all the time. (Last FM) :)

    .........HANDSET: Nokia Lumia 920
    .........COUNTRY: Scotland UK
    .........NETWORK: 3 UK
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWeeBear View Post
    No need for any stored music with a Zune Pass cyrus_the_great. :)

    Although if I wanted, I could download songs too.

    I use Zune Pass and streaming radio all the time. (Last FM) :)
    Zune pass is an amazing service,but It certainly needs high speed internet,which isn't that high here!
  6. TheWeeBear's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    5,293 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,295 Global Posts
    #6  
    Yes I agree cyrus_the_great, if I didn't have unlimited data, I certainly would have some stored tracks on my phone.

    Guess I'm lucky, my network (3UK) is very reliable for me. Been with them for years. :)

    .........HANDSET: Nokia Lumia 920
    .........COUNTRY: Scotland UK
    .........NETWORK: 3 UK
  7. Maziar.a's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    55 Posts
    #7  
    Web browsing/gaming/watching vids is just a pleasure on the Titan's screen :D
    Music is also great,I found the audio quality great.
    Haven't read an ebook on it though(yet)
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Maziar.a View Post
    Web browsing/gaming/watching vids is just a pleasure on the Titan's screen :D
    Music is also great,I found the audio quality great.
    Haven't read an ebook on it though(yet)
    Then again,good for You!
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Maziar.a View Post
    Web browsing/gaming/watching vids is just a pleasure on the Titan's screen :D
    Music is also great,I found the audio quality great.
    Haven't read an ebook on it though(yet)
    Glad to hear that!
  10. boss.king's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    223 Posts
    Global Posts
    241 Global Posts
    #10  
    I have a question (sorry OP, I don't mean to hijack your thread, I just don't think it warrants a thread of it's own)

    Who uses a screen protector? With all those inches of glass I'm concerned about scratches like my 3GS has. Is the glass some form of HTC aluminosilicate glass (like Gorilla Glass)?
    Life couldn't get better, this could be the best day ever.
    HTC Titan
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by boss.king View Post
    I have a question (sorry OP, I don't mean to hijack your thread, I just don't think it warrants a thread of it's own)

    Who uses a screen protector? With all those inches of glass I'm concerned about scratches like my 3GS has. Is the glass some form of HTC aluminosilicate glass (like Gorilla Glass)?
    It's okay, :)
    I can't answer your question,'cause I don't have one,but some one else will!
    Thanked by:
  12. Maziar.a's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    55 Posts
    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by boss.king View Post
    I have a question (sorry OP, I don't mean to hijack your thread, I just don't think it warrants a thread of it's own)

    Who uses a screen protector? With all those inches of glass I'm concerned about scratches like my 3GS has. Is the glass some form of HTC aluminosilicate glass (like Gorilla Glass)?
    HTC Titan isn't listed as having GG in their website but I compared it to Mozart and Radar(which both are listed having GG) and it pretty much felt the same.
    So I googl'd and found out that many reviews state that it's got GG(which I think it's true)
    So I think it's got gorilla glass(But HTC didn't want to make it official or something.HTC have said that Titan has a scratch proof screen though)

    Anyway,I've been using it for around 2 months now.(without a screen protector) and so far so good,no scratches or anything :D
    boss.king likes this.
  13. VividBlue's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    8 Posts
    #13  
    Web browsing is great on the Titan as you'd expect from the huge screen. Just as long as you know WP doesn't support Flash.

    I find 16GB ok but ideally I'd like more. I think the idea is you use the 25gb Skydrive storage but I'm not always in a 3G/WiFi area to really take advantage of it.

    I listen to music a lot and have over 1000 longish 320kbps tracks stored on my Titan. The sounds quality is pretty good when you have decent earphones. I don't generally watch films on my phone but you have HTC Watch where you can rent/buy films, and watching video is a nice experience on this handset.
  14. jkseger's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    9 Posts
    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWeeBear View Post
    No need for any stored music with a Zune Pass cyrus_the_great. :)

    Although if I wanted, I could download songs too.

    I use Zune Pass and streaming radio all the time. (Last FM) :)
    Wee Bear - Could you elaborate briefly on how you use Zune pass without storing the songs on your phone? I just want to make sure I'm using it to the full.

    Thanks!

    John
  15. TheWeeBear's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    5,293 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,295 Global Posts
    #15  
    Hi jkseger, I just use smart DJ or select an album at a time and play it, it just streams that way, no need to download.

    Remember it will use tons of data though. :)

    If you have data limits it's probably just best downloading a few albums you wish to listen to via WiFi or Zune on the PC at home first.
    Last edited by TheWeeBear; 01-19-2012 at 02:22 PM.

    .........HANDSET: Nokia Lumia 920
    .........COUNTRY: Scotland UK
    .........NETWORK: 3 UK
  16. dbgman's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    63 Posts
    #16  
    I just got off of playing BBB: App-ocalyse. It is amazing for the Windows Phone and is Free!! Game experience is good.

    As for memory I still have about 9.39gb of memory free of the 12.89gb. I have put a few hundred songs and have around a 100 apps and games. As for my pictures and videos, I have my phone set to auto-upload to my skydrive. This is mostly for backup but I can delete them off my phone if I ever need to. My old phone was the samsung focus and I never used more than 5gb in the year I had it.

    Web browsing is good. Had no problems after I changed a few of google's settings but that was not a browser issue.
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by dbgman View Post
    I just got off of playing BBB: App-ocalyse. It is amazing for the Windows Phone and is Free!! Game experience is good.

    As for memory I still have about 9.39gb of memory free of the 12.89gb. I have put a few hundred songs and have around a 100 apps and games. As for my pictures and videos, I have my phone set to auto-upload to my skydrive. This is mostly for backup but I can delete them off my phone if I ever need to. My old phone was the samsung focus and I never used more than 5gb in the year I had it.

    Web browsing is good. Had no problems after I changed a few of google's settings but that was not a browser issue.
    I'll be fine with 16 GB,too.
    How is IE 9 compared to safari?
  18. Rocket_Girl's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    272 Posts
    Global Posts
    519 Global Posts
    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by Maziar.a View Post
    HTC Titan isn't listed as having GG in their website but I compared it to Mozart and Radar(which both are listed having GG) and it pretty much felt the same.
    So I googl'd and found out that many reviews state that it's got GG(which I think it's true)
    So I think it's got gorilla glass(But HTC didn't want to make it official or something.HTC have said that Titan has a scratch proof screen though)

    Anyway,I've been using it for around 2 months now.(without a screen protector) and so far so good,no scratches or anything :D
    Gorilla Glass website has a complete list of products and models that use Gorilla Glass.
  19. MannLou's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    109 Posts
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWeeBear View Post
    Hi jkseger, I just use smart DJ or select an album at a time and play it, it just streams that way, no need to download.

    Remember it will use tons of data though. :)

    If you have data limits it's probably just best downloading a few albums you wish to listen to via WiFi or Zune on the PC at home first.
    Zune Pass was a big reason why I left iOS and iTunes. It's so nice to grab an entire album and check it out and see if I want to use my 10 Credits on purchasing it especially when the average release has about 12 -14 tracks on it.

    Certainly no need for a screen protector when using my Case Mate by the way.
  20. MannLou's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    109 Posts
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    #20  
    Question to the crew: Is there anyway to customize the accent colors on the Titan? I've been looking for something for my AT&T Dev Unlocked beast. I can't find anything yet.

    I guess we hope for Tango or Apollo to fulfill this need?
  21. Narr's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    239 Posts
    #21  
    Couple of points on the Titan:

    I too was wondering about the Gorilla Glass and why the Titan and several other phones aren't on the website. HTC say they use Gorilla Glass or an equivalent and the reason certain phones aren't on the website is so they can look for alternatives when there are supply problems.

    Found a quote too:
    On HTC using but not always announcing Gorilla Glass--in short, they want some wiggle room in case of during production they switch to an alternative scratch-resistant screen due to cost or supply issues. What you need to know is that basically all high-end HTC phones have Gorilla Glass or its equivalent on board.

    http://www.wpcentral.com/more-hands-...an-ii-ces-2012

    I've just started using my Titan for films and series and it's excellent, the screen quality is really impressive and 16GB gives me enough for music and a film or 2; usually recorded on Media Centre so 3-4GB per film. I have about 60GB of music at home so I'm never going to fit all of that on, but I find I change my music more often depending on the mood I'm in so I don't tend to have music on my phone for months. I'll remove it and replace it with something else ever few weeks but the core remains the same.

    I've never used Safari (only the desktop version) but I have no complaints with how fast IE9 renders or how it shows on the screen.

    The only audio issue is with the extra "enhancement" HTC added which makes a weird popping noise between tracks. I've tested this after updating to 8107 but can't hear it anymore. Can anyone else confirm this is fixed?

Posting Permissions