Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By jalb
  • 1 Post By palandri
  • 3 Post By Duvi

Global Posts
    814 Global Posts
    TWO iphone users were just milling about and saw my phone on the table and were WOW about the size of the screen, lol. Oh, and also one other guy on an Android was pretty interested in my keyboard (the virtual keyboard, that is, it's an HTC Titan) and the calender. I was describing my horribly convoluted calender system to him (lol, it works for me).
    Maziar.a likes this.

Tell us more!

Sent from my Windows Phone using Board Express

Global Posts
    814 Global Posts
    My phone got more attention than I did, sadly. >_>

Hahaha.

Global Posts
    791 Global Posts
    Was this a "drink your alcohol quietly" party? or a "throw-up in the nearest mopping bucket" party? well I guess it doesn't really matter so long as Windows Phone is getting exposure lol
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    19,860 Global Posts
    This girl on the bus was glued to my screen while I was using it.

Sent from my HTC Titan using Board Express

WPCentral Mod | Retired Android Central Mod | CrackBerry Mod

Every time I pull out my phone, I get the amazed looks and questions about what kind of phone is that? That screen is amazing!!! (Omnia 7)

Global Posts
    523 Global Posts
    Seems WP7 is gradually but steadily gaining more and more interest. I think there is at least a modicum of upswing where brand recognition is concerned as it seems like more and more people (even people who've seen me with the phone before) are actually starting to ask me "Is that one of those Windows Phones?" instead of just "What's that?".

Sent from my Samsung Focus using Board Express
    "The thing about quotes on the internet is that it's sometimes difficult to accurately verify attribution." ~ Abraham Lincoln

Global Posts
    814 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Luisraul924 View Post
    Was this a "drink your alcohol quietly" party? or a "throw-up in the nearest mopping bucket" party? well I guess it doesn't really matter so long as Windows Phone is getting exposure lol
    It was a Christmas party, but for work, so the "no alcohol but you have to go anyway" variety. LOL

Yeah, the live tiles do draw interest for sure. More so that the dated look of iOS and even droid's new Ice Cream Sandwich, Corn Bread Stuffing, or Chicken Pot Pie or whatever the **** it's called.

My brother in law has had it with his iPhone 4, AT&T's craptastic 3G network is just to overloaded here in Austin anymore to reliably provide him access to the network like one would expect. I told him, if he cannot go to Verizon then he needs to go 4G to get off AT&T's overloaded 3G network here. After I showed him my Titan he was in love.

Global Posts
    3,764 Global Posts
    I used to get sexy looks for people when I got my phone, but I'm stuck with an ugly cover.

Quote Originally Posted by duvi View Post

was she cute?
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    8,769 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by duvi View Post

How did you get her unglued?
    Check out the great deals on Windows Phone Accessories: http://store.wpcentral.com
    Duvi likes this.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    19,860 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    How did you get her unglued?
    Lmao... I guess she found bigger and better things to lay her eyes on :lol::blush:

Even though you reminded me, I still forgot I was 1 away from 1K posts! Smh.

WPCentral Mod | Retired Android Central Mod | CrackBerry Mod

Global Posts
    791 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jalb View Post
    It was a Christmas party, but for work, so the "no alcohol but you have to go anyway" variety. LOL
    oh man... yeah that's what I was meaning to put lol... "drink your alcohol quietly/formal possibly zero alcohol" party lol. As I said before though... WP7 getting recognition!

Quote Originally Posted by jalb View Post
    TWO iphone users were just milling about and saw my phone on the table and were WOW about the size of the screen, lol. Oh, and also one other guy on an Android was pretty interested in my keyboard (the virtual keyboard, that is, it's an HTC Titan) and the calender. I was describing my horribly convoluted calender system to him (lol, it works for me).
    I had the same thing happening to me over the weekend :D
    No less than 3 iPhone users were extremely impressed, stating 'That's definitely something new and refreshing'