View Poll Results: What do you think of the Power Button on the Titan?

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • Love it - No problems at all.

5 9.26%
  • Like it - Works fine for me, can't complain.

25 46.30%
  • Dislike it - Not the worst ever, but it bugs me.

20 37.04%
  • Hate it - Constantly having issues.

4 7.41%
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By jeremyshaw
  • 1 Post By Duvi

Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    In my personal, completely biased opinion;

It's too soft, there's no satisfying click letting me know I've pushed it.
    I really don't like it...

What do you think?

... Otherwise i love the phone, it's awesometastic with a side of rad sauce.

Global Posts
    4,266 Global Posts
    I'm not a fan. Sometimes I need to feel or look where it is in order to press it.

I have to push the darn thing a couple of times before it activates. Even though it's nice that it doesn't stick out, I wish they chosen a better design for ease of usage.

Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    I hate it... sometimes I fumble around and have to look at it. Maybe it's because i got used to the iPhone. Or maybe it's because it's neither on the edge nor the middle. It's 3/4 of the way to the right! Or maybe it's because the phone is too big that turning it on with one hand seems too much of a hassle.

I usually have to try a couple times before I actually succeed in pressing it. A little annoying, but no biggie IMO.
    Samsung Focus → Samsung Focus S → HTC Titan → Nokia Lumia 920 :)

Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sfleuriet View Post
    I usually have to try a couple times before I actually succeed in pressing it. A little annoying, but no biggie IMO.
    My phone progression is identical to yours.
    sfleuriet likes this.

I prefer a harder to press power button. The easy to press side button of the Focus S is an example of something I very much dislike. Others love it, so it really is personal.

Global Posts
    1,502 Global Posts
    I think it would be better if it was on the back slope of the edge. Right now if you want to push it using the hand that is holding the phone, your finger has to curve around and over the top of the phone, which is an unnatural movement.
    I usually use my opposite hand to hit the power button. If it's laying on a table then I might use one hand.

Global Posts
    1,438 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jmerrey View Post
    I think it would be better if it was on the back slope of the edge. Right now if you want to push it using the hand that is holding the phone, your finger has to curve around and over the top of the phone, which is an unnatural movement.
    I think this is 100% correct. Biggest problem for me is the camera button. Gripping with my left hand as usual my pinky uses the area where the camera button is for grip. This allows me to angle my finger over the top for the power button. I have to use my ring finger as the gripper so I do not turn the camera on. Ring finger grip gives me a little less articulation with my finger for the power button. If I grip right handed its a mess since my palm presses the camera button. So if the button was around the back more or on the ridge it would require less articulation and thus less grip.
    Developer

Quote Originally Posted by jeremyshaw View Post
    My phone progression is identical to yours.
    Mine is as well.
    Xbox Live Gamertag: DanSmithKY

Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    The power button really bugs me. When I grab the phone in the dark and swipe my fingers across the edges to find the power button, I can't feel it. it has no profile at all.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    19,860 Global Posts
    I like the buttons... and it does take me multiple tries at times, but that's fine. It's better than taking my phone out of my pockets and seeing the screen was on or the camera was activated.

WPCentral Mod | Retired Android Central Mod | CrackBerry Mod
    jmerrey likes this.

It's too small and too hard to reaches without a thumbnail being involved.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    5,295 Global Posts
    I seem to be at odds with everyone, I have no problems with the power button at all, i have learned it's design and can activate it perfectly now after only a few days of getting my Titan. :)

.........HANDSET: Nokia Lumia 920
    .........COUNTRY: Scotland UK
    .........NETWORK: 3 UK

Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    i came from the SS Focus and the power button was on the side, so everytime i hit the side button on the Titan i get the volume: so im still getting use to the power button on the top and tryin to feel for the button
    daniel m
    atlanta ga
    nokia lumia 925 black
    own 920,1020 and have had a 1520 but it was to big

Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by duvi View Post
    I like the buttons... and it does take me multiple tries at times, but that's fine. It's better than taking my phone out of my pockets and seeing the screen was on or the camera was activated.
    I totally agree. I'm sure that was part of the reason they're not sticking far out of the phone. I understand various hand and finger sizes effect usability though and I'm sure those folks thought the Titan might have catered to them in that respect.

Sent from my kick-*** TITAN using Board Express

Global Posts
    1,502 Global Posts
    I have to agree with the point that I'd rather have it too hard to push rather than too easy.

Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    I purchased a Bunyip hard case for my titan, and with the way the case forms to the phone it has made it much easier for me to find and press the power button. The case was under $10 shipped, and surprisingly good quality for the money. Worth a try!

Global Posts
    229 Global Posts
    Get rid of the power button and put an iphone-type button in the bottom center. Would love that.

Also, put the charging port on the bottom of the phone by the mic.