Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

So I finally was able to find one in stock! Let me just pre inform everyone that I had originally bought a Focus Flash (1st windows phone) and exchanged it for the Titan. I had been using Android for the past 2 years and enjoyed WP OS but wanted the Titan instead of the Focus Flash, so I exchanged it.

The Titan is gorgeous. The screen truly is amazing. I myself have larger hands and prefer the big screen. It looks great and the colors pop.

The phone is FAST. Everything I have done on it so far is smooth and buttery.

It is extremely thin. Pictures don't do it justice. Holding it feels great.

Some MISC things I have noticed:

I wish the buttons stuck out a little more. They are quite flush to the phone, which will just take some getting use to.

There is a flashing notification LED. So far the only thing I have noticed it doing was blinking red when the battery was low. It is located to the left of the AT&T logo.

If anybody has any questions, please ask! So far, I am really loving the phone and the OS!
    Thanked by:
    Thanks for posting your impressions! Do you notice any keyboard lag when typing? My focus s is driving me crazy because of this. Also, are you having any issues staying connected to wifi networks?

Quote Originally Posted by bacchus1313 View Post
    Thanks for posting your impressions! Do you notice any keyboard lag when typing? My focus s is driving me crazy because of this. Also, are you having any issues staying connected to wifi networks?
    Hi!

So far there is no keyboard lag at all when typing. I can honestly type extremely fast on this phone and it 99% correct. Great touchscreen.

So far I have only used it on my home wi-fi network. It seems to be staying connected to it, but like I said, I have only tried it on my home router.

Charging it up fully for the first time now!

Global Posts
    1,438 Global Posts
    So no LED flash for email or SMS? How about for FB or Twitter updates? Or have you not set up all that stuff yet?

Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by power5 View Post
    So no LED flash for email or SMS? How about for FB or Twitter updates? Or have you not set up all that stuff yet?
    The only time the LED comes on for me is when I am charging, orange for charging, green for fully charged, and someone said it turns red when the battery is low.

Quote Originally Posted by Dession View Post
    The only time the LED comes on for me is when I am charging, orange for charging, green for fully charged, and someone said it turns red when the battery is low.
    I have noticed that as well. I have read that it flashes green when you have a missed call but that is the only notification it gives (besides the charging/battery ones).

Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Let us know if you're having any Wi-FI disconnect issues. I've heard a few people complain. Thanks

Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    I just got my hands on one at the local AT&T store and I am totally smitten! I put the Focus S up to it face to face and the Titan is only slightly bigger despite the huge screen.
    Quote Originally Posted by BostonSammy View Post
    I just got my hands on one at the local AT&T store and I am totally smitten! I put the Focus S up to it face to face and the Titan is only slightly bigger despite the huge screen.
    Oh snap! Where abouts did you find one?

Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bacchus1313 View Post
    Oh snap! Where abouts did you find one?
    I didn't buy one yet. I am hoping this penny thing is for real. It is on display at the store in Hanover MA.

Global Posts
    1,438 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dession View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by aptmx45 View Post
    I have noticed that as well. I have read that it flashes green when you have a missed call but that is the only notification it gives (besides the charging/battery ones).
    Thats about worthless. Flashes when its charged, really? I hope they give it more use. If its got orange red and green I hope they can put it to more use.

Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BostonSammy View Post
    Exactly! I have no idea why some are complaining about it being "too big" - it's not! :)

Global Posts
    529 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by power5 View Post
    Thats about worthless. Flashes when its charged, really? I hope they give it more use. If its got orange red and green I hope they can put it to more use.
    I might be mistaken, but I would think that having apps use the LED notification light would have to be built into the apps/OS itself. Which I dont believe WP7 currently supports?

I agree. Kinda worthless even having one on there for just battery purposes.

Global Posts
    520 Global Posts
    There is no keyboard lag on any Windows Phone. None. Not the Focus S either. Now, with the Focus S there is keyboard sound lag. But not keyboard itself lag. Just wish people would understand/stop saying that.

Sent from my Samsung Focus S using Board Express.
    Thanked by:
    timGSU 
    timGSU likes this.

Global Posts
    397 Global Posts
    It stays on when charging, not flashes. I haven't seen orange on it mine stays red when charging and turns green when it's done. Works for me so i don't have to turn the screen on to see if it's done.

Sent from my TITAN using Board Express

Global Posts
    2,259 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by peestandingup View Post
    I might be mistaken, but I would think that having apps use the LED notification light would have to be built into the apps/OS itself. Which I dont believe WP7 currently supports?

I agree. Kinda worthless even having one on there for just battery purposes.
    Battery status AND missed calls. If my light turned on for messaging, email, FB & Twitter, it would never turn off. Silly idea. That's what the audible tone and lock screen is for.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express
    Nokia Lumia 900 - OS: 7.10.8112.7 - Firmware: 2175.1002.8112.12084
    HTC Surround - OS: 7.10.8107.79 - Firmware: 2250.21.40500.502
    sfleuriet likes this.

Global Posts
    529 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jimski View Post
    Battery status AND missed calls. If my light turned on for messaging, email, FB & Twitter, it would never turn off. Silly idea. That's what the audible tone and lock screen is for.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express
    Well, if you could set it specifically for Twitter mentions, FB messages & stuff like that, it wouldn't be blowing up for most people (unless you're like Kanye or someone).

But IMO, I don't like any of these LED notification lights whatsoever. I consider them a bother more than anything else.

Is there a setting to disable it altogether??

Global Posts
    397 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by peestandingup View Post
    Well, if you could set it specifically for Twitter mentions, FB messages & stuff like that, it wouldn't be blowing up for most people (unless you're like Kanye or someone).

But IMO, I don't like any of these LED notification lights whatsoever. I consider them a bother more than anything else.

Is there a setting to disable it altogether??
    Not that I've seen

I live in Chicago and work for ATT. I have 2 corporate stores near me. Went to the closest one on Sunday, of course none of the girls knew anything about it, had to show them the web page. I went to the 2nd on Monday and I got 1 of the 3 they got in that morning. The size feels no bigger then any other of the larger phones(inspire,vivid,atrix,galaxy2) It has very solid feel to it, it feels lighter than my surround(maybe due to its size better distribution) The OS is sooo much faster then it was on my surround. I've lost about 10% battery since I charged it 5 hours ago with normal use.

I got one in the UK about a week ago, I was surprised by the battery life as I have 2 exchange accounts and one Live and the battery lasts much longer than my LG Optimus 7. In all it's a great phone, with just 2 negatives; no gorilla glass and it's not easy to hold, I think it's going to slip out of my hand the whole time (did once too). The 2nd issue was resolved with a gel case, so easily sorted.

Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Narr View Post
    I got one in the UK about a week ago, I was surprised by the battery life as I have 2 exchange accounts and one Live and the battery lasts much longer than my LG Optimus 7. In all it's a great phone, with just 2 negatives; no gorilla glass and it's not easy to hold, I think it's going to slip out of my hand the whole time (did once too). The 2nd issue was resolved with a gel case, so easily sorted.
    which gel case? would you recommend it? pics? thanks, sir!

How about signal issues? Anyone having issues with 4G signal seeming 'weaker' in areas where it shouldn't be?

Quote Originally Posted by techygeek82 View Post
    How about signal issues? Anyone having issues with 4G signal seeming 'weaker' in areas where it shouldn't be?
    I'll chime in on this: my Focus S had five bars nearly all the time, now it seems I'm getting three bars more often with the Titan. Bleh :(

Quote Originally Posted by Verkunder View Post
    I'll chime in on this: my Focus S had five bars nearly all the time, now it seems I'm getting three bars more often with the Titan. Bleh :(
    Thanks for the info. I'm noticing the same. Got a 'generic' HTC 'clean the connectors in the phone' response. Need to do more research over the next couple days myself.

Other than that though, this phone is pretty amazing!

The phone would be great but anything that requires data is sloooooooooooooow. I didn't get to test 4g for very long and no carrier has good signal at my house so I can't comment if it is just wifi or anything data related but if I can't get better data performance it's going back soon. I kept my HTC Evo just in case...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast