Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Global Posts
    146 Global Posts
    I managed to score a Titan at one of the WP Insider parties, won the last one. I've been having some problems and I want to see if I'm the only one.

1)The Phone keeps forgetting email accounts. i've had to fact wipe it twice because it forgot my live ID and would not take it again.

2)The first time I tried to load it up with music it glitched like crazy, after fact wipe it was working fine, and I added all my music a little bit at a time.

3)Now it's telling me that it can't confirm my Zune pass (which I don't have, these are MY songs) and it won't play. I turned off Smart DJ but that didn't help, the only thing that seems to work is deleting my music off again and reloading it.

WTF? My Focus ran like a champ but this Titian is giving me guff. Other than this it has been fine.

re points 1 & 2 I have never had these issues having had my phone since day 1 of UK launch.
    I put all my details in on 1st boot and loaded it with music and videos a couple of hours later and have never had any issues.

Re point 3 - I do not use Smart DJ so can't comment on this.

It sounds like you've got a bad one. Was any of your music ripped/purchased with DRM protection? Maybe that could explain the Zune Pass message

My problem is the phone just won't update to the latest software version - has yours any problems there?

Global Posts
    651 Global Posts
    Since he won his phone, who does he go to in order to exchange it?

Global Posts
    146 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VividBlue View Post
    My problem is the phone just won't update to the latest software version - has yours any problems there?
    I tried to get the update too, but it says that mine is already up to date, I think the update might only apply to Euro versions, ATT might not have pushed it out.

The phone ran fine all day but the memory problem did not fix so I reset it AGAIN! Never had any issues with my 3 Focuses, Surround, or Quantum (I picked up used ones to try them all out.)

Global Posts
    1,438 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MajorLonghorn View Post
    Since he won his phone, who does he go to in order to exchange it?
    Its an ATT phone correct? I would go to ATT.

Global Posts
    146 Global Posts
    I went into my local ATT store and they gave me the run around and they didn't have any in stock. I'm going to get in tough with my ATT rep in the morning and find a store that does have them.

Global Posts
    146 Global Posts
    Update: well I made through the whole day with out issue, so I tried to load on some more music and the phone vlitched out again. Now I can't even get it to boot. >.<b

Well the good news is it sounds like it is definitely defective, rather than a design issue.

Global Posts
    671 Global Posts
    At first I was going to say it sounds like connectivity problems with the ATT network. But yeah... sounds like you got a bum phone... that sucks.

I would shoot an email to Ben the PC guy @ Microsoft, I believe he was running some of these events, I'm sure he can point you in the right direction for replacing a give-away phone.

Global Posts
    1,438 Global Posts
    You got it free and I thought I read they were not ATT branded phones and some people were mentioning they seem british. I would take it back and exchange it when titans finally actually arrive at the store. They should have no problem exchanging it.

Global Posts
    146 Global Posts
    Mine was a brand new ATT Titan in the box, but when I went into the ATT store the rep told me they couldn't do the exchange with out a receipt. I think he was full of it, but I haven't had a chance to check with other stores.

Global Posts
    146 Global Posts
    UPdate: Turns out that the ATT guy was right, I can't exchange under the warranty until after 30 days. Unfortunately the phone just came out so this is a bust. Will try my luck with other avenues.

Global Posts
    1,438 Global Posts
    I hate the bureaucratic BS of companies sometimes. Its a warranty problem but you cant because its still too new? Or they want to wait till the exchange window is closed before switching it out.

Global Posts
    146 Global Posts
    It's the exchange window, which I can't do b/c I don't have a receipt.

Global Posts
    1,438 Global Posts
    There is no proof from the inner circle event that you received one?

Global Posts
    395 Global Posts
    Well it happened to me today. A dead pixel towards the bottom of the screen above the home button. Grrr

Sent from my TITAN using Board Express
    Quote Originally Posted by 5tephen View Post
    Well it happened to me today. A dead pixel towards the bottom of the screen above the home button. Grrr

That blows! Is there anything that can be done about it?
    "Engineering is more than just the number of megapixels." - Stephen Elop
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    8,733 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 5tephen View Post

What color is the dead pixel? Black = dead pixel, Any other color = stuck pixel, which you maybe able to fix.
    Check out the great deals on Windows Phone Accessories: http://store.wpcentral.com

Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Figure 8 Dash View Post
    That blows! Is there anything that can be done about it?
    Quick flashing of all spectrums on all pixels to try to "revive" said dead pixel. About the only chance at fixing it. Could also result in the pixel being stuck on a different color.

Global Posts
    395 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    What color is the dead pixel? Black = dead pixel, Any other color = stuck pixel, which you maybe able to fix.
    It's black. Ben the PC guy told me to call HTC. I did, they said that it's "not a fully supported device. We may or may not be able to repair it, so we will escalate a case and in 2 weeks you will receive a call back". Ben the PC Guy said he's gonna see what he can do as well.

Titan impressions: Well first thing is I am experiencing an issue with connecting to my wireless n router if I am not broadcasting the SSID. If I broadcast it works fine.
    Second, I can’t seem to figure out how to set a vibrate only notification for text and im messages and leave the other notifications to be ringtones.
    Lastly, I am now noticing that my pop e-mail account does not leave a copy of messages on the server, so if I delete it off my phone the message is deleted from the server as well. I usually leave all my mail on the server and then let Outlook pull the mail down when I check mail from my desktop.
    If anyone knows if I am missing something for these let me know.
    Otherwise the phone is awesome

Global Posts
    146 Global Posts
    Update again! Well I had no luck getting the exchange, so I decided to try HTC's RMA. As it turns out, HTC's repair center is not too far from my house. UNFORTUNATELY, they do NOT accept local drop off, so I had to PAY to have a package delivered just a few miles away from my house.

WTF?

but it gets better, I mailed the phone off on Monday last week, and on Tuesday the United States Postal Service LOST MY PHONE!!!

:@

:mad:

:lol:

I got nothing, just wth?
    Lost phone? Damn that blows. Time to raise ****.
    "Engineering is more than just the number of megapixels." - Stephen Elop
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast