Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    5,295 Global Posts

AT&T Announces HTC Titan 2 LTE Windows Phone

Yikes 16 Megapixels & LTE :D
    Last edited by TheWeeBear; 01-09-2012 at 01:37 PM.

.........HANDSET: Nokia Lumia 920
    .........COUNTRY: Scotland UK
    .........NETWORK: 3 UK
    Thanked by:

Awesome, ATT gets another phone.

:(

Global Posts
    1,267 Global Posts
    Liveblogs are cool :)

Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
    and i was going to buy the Titan today.../sigh

Global Posts
    5,043 Global Posts
    Seems awful quick to replace the titan already. I thought android was bad with a new phone replacing another 2 months later...
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    5,295 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by trandz View Post
    and i was going to buy the Titan today.../sigh
    You having second thoughts now then trandz ? :D

Global Posts
    2,333 Global Posts
    Titans, Go! :)
    snowmutt likes this.

Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
    I do...But that means waiting indefinitely with this force closing mess aka the SGSII. Idk if a 16mp camera and LTE is worth the wait though. Screen remains the same, along with the internals. Still might take the dip. But that Nokia 900....ughh decisions decisions.

Global Posts
    1,267 Global Posts
    HTC pulled an Android on their Windows Phone fans. Titan 2 two months after the first one? That's gotta suck for Titan owners!

Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
    Agreed 100%

Global Posts
    2,182 Global Posts
    That a monster sized camera. Hope the battery can handle it! But promising for sure. Now iof they will intro the Samsung Mendel along with the Nokia 900 we can start deciding which one is for each of us.

And I am sure the whining will start about 32GB storage memory needed along wirth dual core processors all the same stuff we have to read about new devices and the like! But these three devices will make it easier to deal with it as well! bring them on!
    Your smartphone is only as smart as YOU let it be!

Damn you beat me to it Wee Bear! Oh well here's another link from Engadget...

HTC Titan 2 coming to AT&T, finally delivers LTE to Mango lovers -- Engadget
    TheWeeBear likes this.

Another piece of awesome news!

Stephen Elop has just taken the stage at AT&T's Developer Summit here at CES, taking the opportunity to confirm that an LTE-enabled Nokia Windows Phone will indeed be heading to the carrier. The exec didn't offer too many details beyond that, but promised to reveal more at his company's event this afternoon, scheduled for 6 PM ET / 3 PM PT. Could it be the Lumia 900 we've been expecting? We'll have to wait a little longer to find out, but will be sure to keep you posted as soon as we hear more.

Link: Stephen Elop: Nokia Windows Phone coming to AT&T, will support LTE -- Engadget

Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
    Its obviously the Ace

Global Posts
    519 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aubreyq View Post
    HTC pulled an Android on their Windows Phone fans. Titan 2 two months after the first one? That's gotta suck for Titan owners!
    Yeah, and they put the rumor out there within weeks of TITAN I making its debut. I went w/ Focus S in part due to the specter of TITAN II (and largely due to 3 bad TITANS).

HTC should offer replacement w/ TITAN II for all tmTITAN I owners who want one...aftee all, they have been the beta testers / debuggers for TITAN II!
    aubreyq and snowmutt like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by trandz View Post
    I do...But that means waiting indefinitely with this force closing mess aka the SGSII. Idk if a 16mp camera and LTE is worth the wait though. Screen remains the same, along with the internals. Still might take the dip. But that Nokia 900....ughh decisions decisions.
    Does you area have LTE already? If not then go ahead and get a Titan. They're basically the same phone. 16MP camera is huge... but so is an 8MP camera. And if you don't have LTE now, and you don't live in/near a big city, then you probably won't get LTE any time soon.
    "Engineering is more than just the number of megapixels." - Stephen Elop
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    5,295 Global Posts
    Just added 2 side profile photos at the top of the thread, it's very slightly curved isn't it ?

I really like that chin. I wonder if it'll make it easier to use with one hand. I just read on WSB that it will have 16GB memory. Can't wait to hear the complaints about that. </s> :P

CES: The HTC Titan II, one of the first LTE Windows Phones, comes to AT&T

Carrier: Verizon Wireless
    Phones: HTC 8X & HTC Trophy & Samsung Focus
    PC:Dell Studio XPS 1640

My app: Plant Guide

Spitfire 4.0, my HTC Imagio, rest in peace.
    aubreyq and threedog like this.

Global Posts
    1,267 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Judge_Daniel View Post
    ...I just read on WSB that it will have 16GB memory. Can't wait to hear the complaints about that. </s> :P
    LOL, right? I mean, I'm one of those who could use 32GB of storage but I'm not feeling optimistic about seeing a 32GB Windows Phone anytime soon, so I complain about other stuff ;)
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    5,295 Global Posts
    More Hands On Titan II Photos. (The Verge)

Gallery: HTC Titan II for AT&T first hands-on | The Verge

Just Sharing. :)

alaskanjackson likes this.

Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Figure 8 Dash View Post
    Does you area have LTE already? If not then go ahead and get a Titan. They're basically the same phone. 16MP camera is huge... but so is an 8MP camera. And if you don't have LTE now, and you don't live in/near a big city, then you probably won't get LTE any time soon.
    Well Im in jersey, while I dont have LTE I'm in NYC a lot who does have LTE. Thing is though, I am mostly always on wifi, and if not the HSPA+ speeds don't bother me at all for what I do on the phone. I also do not have unlimited data so I feel like I'll blow through 2 gigs extra fast with LTE =/. Decisions

EDIT- Titan II image gallery with the camera http://www.theverge.com/2012/1/9/269...allery#2828770

When does the Titan II actually come out?

AT&T LTE isn't available in my area yet, so the LTE isn't a big deal to me. The 16 megapixel camera looks nice though.

But instead of being upset that there's a new Titan, to me this just signals that the current Titan might end up being more affordable for people who want to get it.

What do people put on their phones that 16gb is small

I've got 40 albums, 15 podcasts and two films on mine as well as a ton of photos and am using 8gb of storage. I wouldn't know what to do with 32gb :blush:
    sfleuriet likes this.

Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
    Yeah if it wasn't for my music being almost 10 gigs, I'd go for the flash since I would buy it off contract, and performance is identical to the Titan. Oh how I wish the flash was 16gigs and not 8.

Quote Originally Posted by mprice86 View Post
    What do people put on their phones that 16gb is small

I've got 40 albums, 15 podcasts and two films on mine as well as a ton of photos and am using 8gb of storage. I wouldn't know what to do with 32gb :blush:
    I have 30 gigs of music...
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast