Does anyone know if the Surround will be getting an update by HTC? I know most of the other HTC Windows Phones got a manufacturers' update a few weeks back. It sounds like it fixed that annoying Zune crashing bug. Yet the Surround hasn't gotten anything. Any rumors or news on that?

I hope we get that update, I'm sick of zune freezing from doing nothing but listening to music. I got surround for its music abilitties and now those are impaired.
    TO APOLLO AND BEYOND...

I saw a story released today that Telus (my carrier in Canada) is now releasing the latest update. I'll plug in later today to see if I get it.

If it helps you at all, I was able to get rid of the vast majority of my Zune lockup problems by setting Sound Enhancer to "No Effects" for both Audio and Video. Prior to that it would lock up quite regularly.
    Thanked by:
    Neibl 

TELUS posted the 8107 update as being available for both the LG Optimus 7 and the HTC 7 Surround handsets a week ago, and then this morning added the "note from Microsoft"

Windows Phone 7 software updates*|* Software Updates*|* Phones & Devices*|* Support*|* TELUS Mobility

UPDATE FEBRUARY 7, 2012 ... I Received the update notice at 0730hrs and 33 minutes later 8107 is on my 1st Gen HTC 7 Surround :D
    Last edited by S h a n e; 02-09-2012 at 03:01 PM.

I still haven't seen the update. :@

I haven't seen the update either unless I've missed something. Still having the Zune crashing problem just from listening to music. I'm sad they still haven't brought back the Sound Enhancer app so I know which sound setting I'm on.

I recently got a Nokia Lumia 800, and that one doesn't have the Zune crashing issue. This confirms that it is an HTC only bug. I'm on AT&T and still haven't recieved any updates for the Surround. Once I make sure that all my info is transferred off of my Surround, I'm going to give it a hard reset and see if it makes a difference.

Global Posts
    1,006 Global Posts
    So can a manual update be performed to 8107 like the samsungs by unlocking? At&t probably will won't release an update till sept knowing them

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums

Hi i have a htc surround SIM unlocked on windows phone 7. I was wondering if i updated my phone through zune would it break my SIM unlock and lock back to AT&T or will i still be able to use my carrier here in Ireland?

Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    As an AT&T user in the U.S. I would not recommend updating through Zune though if by sim unlocked you mean carrier unlocked you should not have an issue with relock.
    As for AT&T users stateside updating with cab files is probably the way to go. 8107 is not being offered. Tethering and mobile hotspot are being linked to 5gb 4G LTE plan for more money of course. AT&T has hinted that they will release next "major update" I do not see how that is possible as they would have to release cumulative update and if they are somehow able to disable these features on older devices it will take forever and a day. I suspect my 2yr. contract will be over by then (March 2013).

So my phone wont lock if i update through zune?

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    So, there is no cab update available yet for the Surround which enables the tethering functionality, right? I have updated upto 8107 and i don't have the feature.

The Zune crashing issues is still on going with my HTC Surround. It's been over 200 days since the Mango update and I haven't been able to use Zune unless my phone is plugged in, which is impractical when i'm out for a walk. HTC has to take ownership of this issue and resolve it. It's obvious they don't care about their customers, just about selling new phones. They've seen the last of my money.

how to update htc surround windows 8
    plz reply with software

When is HTC Surround Update coming to fix the disappearing Keyboard issue, in addition to other issues? About ready to just wait til contract is over, then look to Sprint for Android possibly, been way too long waiting on any updates or so--getting annoying a lot