Global Posts
    967 Global Posts
    I hate my keyboard, and it makes me start to hate using Windows Phone for communication. Carriers have obviously been given the option to just blow off 8107 for now and "roll it into the next update".

My question is, how do we get 8107? I know you can install the CABs, but I have seen too many horror stories of the people who did who now have all these errors, etc. Do we just complain to T-Mobile to give us 8107?

Global Posts
    791 Global Posts
    If it bothers you that much just turn off your background tasks and it won't disappear. The background tasks aren't that important anyway since the app pulls data when you start it up or resume it from the background. I wouldn't see why T-Mobile would skip out on this update but if they do then oh well call customer service and ask for a tech rep and ask them about it.

Sent from my Radar 4G using Board Express

Global Posts
    967 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Luisraul924 View Post
    If it bothers you that much just turn off your background tasks and it won't disappear. The background tasks aren't that important anyway since the app pulls data when you start it up or resume it from the background. I wouldn't see why T-Mobile would skip out on this update but if they do then oh well call customer service and ask for a tech rep and ask them about it.

I was talking about the accuracy. The disappearing part is annoying, but I can live with it. Nothing can fix the accuracy but a patch.

Global Posts
    791 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jrdatrackstar View Post
    I was talking about the accuracy. The disappearing part is annoying, but I can live with it. Nothing can fix the accuracy but a patch.
    I have heard many people complain about this but the funny thing is I haven't experienced any accuracy issues... Any mistakes get corrected pretty accurately. Anyway I got off the phone with a tech rep and he said he didn't have any official information but he personally believes that the update is currently with HTC getting the firmware fitted up. He said to call back next week as it may be going through carrier testing at that point.

Global Posts
    967 Global Posts
    I have heard many people complain about this but the funny thing is I haven't experienced any accuracy issues... Any mistakes get corrected pretty accurately. Anyway I got off the phone with a tech rep and he said he didn't have any official information but he personally believes that the update is currently with HTC getting the firmware fitted up. He said to call back next week as it may be going through carrier testing at that point.

I want to hold out, but I just cannot live with the keyboard. On NoDo, auto-correct was never needed for me and was hardly used because the keyboard was accurate at detecting my finger presses. With Mango, I literally typed the word "just" extremely slow in a text message and it refused to recognize that I was typing the letter "s"; it would either type "d" or "a" but it refused to press "s" no matter how hard I tried to press "s".

It's just awful and I now text from my iPod Touch whenever possible.

Global Posts
    791 Global Posts
    I want to hold out, but I just cannot live with the keyboard. On NoDo, auto-correct was never needed for me and was hardly used because the keyboard was accurate at detecting my finger presses. With Mango, I literally typed the word "just" extremely slow in a text message and it refused to recognize that I was typing the letter "s"; it would either type "d" or "a" but it refused to press "s" no matter how hard I tried to press "s".

It's just awful and I now text from my iPod Touch whenever possible.
    dang that sucks... I guess it's just my physical accuracy that makes my typing accurate? I haven't read up on how to install the update because i had to go through a mess to get back to the official update path from RTM mango on my HD7. Even then though I ended up permanently damaging the firmware and my headphone remote stopped working as well as the GPS chip it would take approximately 5 minutes to lock onto my position. I ended up getting it replaced luckily they didn't say anything about the warranty that should've been voided. I'm happy with my Radar as is and I know I can wait. Just make sure there's a method to get back to the official update path for future updates. (if you choose to do so)

Global Posts
    967 Global Posts
    dang that sucks... I guess it's just my physical accuracy that makes my typing accurate? I haven't read up on how to install the update because i had to go through a mess to get back to the official update path from RTM mango on my HD7. Even then though I ended up permanently damaging the firmware and my headphone remote stopped working as well as the GPS chip it would take approximately 5 minutes to lock onto my position. I ended up getting it replaced luckily they didn't say anything about the warranty that should've been voided. I'm happy with my Radar as is and I know I can wait. Just make sure there's a method to get back to the official update path for future updates. (if you choose to do so)

Idk....I type the exact same way as I did in NoDo....

In the instructions, it says that you first need to make a back-up using a special tool (not Zune). I'm assuming that having this back-up will restore my phone to it's original state to where I can get official updates and it will be like the day I got it hardware and software wise, or will I just have an "image" of official firmware and my back-up and such but really have something damaged that I can't fix once I do this (your GPS was permanently damaged, which I would believe is a hardware damage due to improperly installing hacked software)?

Global Posts
    791 Global Posts
    Idk....I type the exact same way as I did in NoDo....

In the instructions, it says that you first need to make a back-up using a special tool (not Zune). I'm assuming that having this back-up will restore my phone to it's original state to where I can get official updates and it will be like the day I got it hardware and software wise, or will I just have an "image" of official firmware and my back-up and such but really have something damaged that I can't fix once I do this (your GPS was permanently damaged, which I would believe is a hardware damage due to improperly installing hacked software)?
    well remember, what you are installing is completely firmware free so there is a possibility that the proximity and ambient light sensors won't work anymore. You will also lose the sound enhancer and attentive phone settings, you'll also lose the panoramic and burst shot modes as well as any special settings HTC added to the camera software. Flashing back to the backup is exactly what I did with my HD7 and that's where my firmware started messing up I further agitated the issue by trying to flash the stock T-Mobile 7004 build at which point I wasn't able to update to 7392 which was the latest at that point, so I then reflashed to T-Mobile stock 7392 and stayed there and from that point I received the official Mango update but from that point forward the firmware was ****ed.

Global Posts
    967 Global Posts
    well remember, what you are installing is completely firmware free so there is a possibility that the proximity and ambient light sensors won't work anymore. You will also lose the sound enhancer and attentive phone settings, you'll also lose the panoramic and burst shot modes as well as any special settings HTC added to the camera software. Flashing back to the backup is exactly what I did with my HD7 and that's where my firmware started messing up I further agitated the issue by trying to flash the stock T-Mobile 7004 build at which point I wasn't able to update to 7392 which was the latest at that point, so I then reflashed to T-Mobile stock 7392 and stayed there and from that point I received the official Mango update but from that point forward the firmware was ****ed.

wow....=(

I wonder why other people have been having success with their devices, but the Radar appears to be riskier?

Apparently O2 (in the UK) released this update last week. I'm checking Zune on a daily basis now... feels like Mango all over again. :D
    Google - "Don't be evil. . . much!"

Global Posts
    967 Global Posts
    wow...yea definitely installing it now...that's crazy

Global Posts
    967 Global Posts
    so i just installed it. I know people were talking about snappier performance, but I don't see it...

anyway, the keyboard does seem like it has improved. hope i'm not typing more carefully or something, but I've been typing like normal and there are WAY fewer mistake and hasn't disappeared yet.

I still have panoramic mode and all that, and everything is just the same as before except my version is 8107.79 in settings...

edit: scratch that.....still have similar issues with the keyboard (hasn't disappeared, but accuracy =/ )

maybe I need to hard reset?
    Last edited by jrdatrackstar; 01-12-2012 at 03:32 PM.

Global Posts
    791 Global Posts
    Then it might not be the "software"... I'm telling you I'm still on 7720 and I have absolutely zero accuracy issues... Neither on my HD7 nor my Radar. Maybe some practice will help? Lol have you played text text revolution? Its great for increasing accuracy I have great accuracy and speed using both individual hands or both hands. I normally type with one hand on my Radar (I'll occasionally use two) and always use two hands on the HD7. I typed the majority of this message with one hand on my Radar with little to no mistakes.

Global Posts
    967 Global Posts
    Then it might not be the "software"... I'm telling you I'm still on 7720 and I have absolutely zero accuracy issues... Neither on my HD7 nor my Radar. Maybe some practice will help? Lol have you played text text revolution? Its great for increasing accuracy I have great accuracy and speed using both individual hands or both hands. I normally type with one hand on my Radar (I'll occasionally use two) and always use two hands on the HD7. I typed the majority of this message with one hand on my Radar with little to no mistakes.

IDK...it seems like it could be better actually. Again, in trying to be careful and just be experiencing placebo, but it does seem better actually. I did a hard reset so maybe that's why. I just need more time to tell and will report back, but it definitely feels a little more NoDoish lol. Liking this build a lot so far. Doesn't make the phone scream fast or anything, but the keyboard fix alone will make it best update to date for me ( outside of Mango of course lol)

Global Posts
    967 Global Posts
    So i received a message from a guy from T-Mobile that they haven't received 8107 from Microsoft, so perhaps that is why there are no releases for unlocked phones. Maybe Microsoft pulled the update back?

Is the T-Mobile guy a customer service guy? If so, he might be lying through his teeth because he doesn't know anything

Global Posts
    967 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blehblehbleh View Post
    Is the T-Mobile guy a customer service guy? If so, he might be lying through his teeth because he doesn't know anything
    On the forums, his name is keith_m.