Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By joemd60
  • 1 Post By joemd60

Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    Hey Everyone, While I'm awaiting the arrival of my Radar in the mail, I was curious what any owners thoughts were on the HTC Hub features and apps. I've read a few reviews of the phone and the Hub features are usually barely mentioned. I'm sure the Flashlight app is dead useful, but what about some of the other apps like the weather live tile and the notes app (any bonuses over Office?)
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    8,748 Global Posts
    I use the HTC Weather application a lot. Besides weather, it includes Stocks, HTC News, and any other News application you have installed, along with featured HTC applications.

I use HTC notes simply for work reminders.
    Check out the great deals on Windows Phone Accessories: http://store.wpcentral.com

Global Posts
    671 Global Posts
    I hate the hub. I immediately uninstalled it.

I love HTC's stocks app and flashlight app though. I use USA today for all my news and weather. I don't think there is a better app out there for combined news and weather. It gets regular updates too. USA Today has really taken to WP7.

Global Posts
    2,259 Global Posts
    Yep. Delete HTC hub first thing after a hard reset. But as noted, Flashlight and Stocks work well. Some of the other apps are ok, but you can find better for free or 0.99 in the Marketplace.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express
    Nokia Lumia 900 - OS: 7.10.8112.7 - Firmware: 2175.1002.8112.12084
    HTC Surround - OS: 7.10.8107.79 - Firmware: 2250.21.40500.502

Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    Hey guys, good news, I got my Radar tonight and have been loving it so far. Thought you guys might be interested to know that while setting up a HTC Watch account I ended up getting a pretty nice credit. Check out my other post for details $10 Credit

Global Posts
    1,132 Global Posts
    I also use the HTC Hub for the same reasons palandri does.
    palandri likes this.

Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    Not me. I use it because I like the double-wide tile XD I have HTC HUB on top of ny apps, Pictures in the middle, and Calendar at te bottom. I actually like Weather Live but sometimes it can't find places I enter, HTC HUB will usually find these.

I have Flashlight very useful
    Watch (never uses it though)
    Dock, sometimes use it
    HTC YouTube a must have, also has HQ playback
    And I love Sound Enhancer, never had any problems with it personally
    Also Attentive Phone (gets put in settings once installed) is a must have for HTC devices

Sent from my HD7 using Board Express

Global Posts
    1,132 Global Posts
    The HTC Weatherhub works very well for me. I found a lot of the weather apps never seem to locate properly.
    But actually, all and all. The best weather app is the look out the window app. :D
    palandri likes this.

Global Posts
    508 Global Posts
    HTC Hub would be great if you could get like a 5 day weather forecast on it. Else just uninstall it get Accuweather App and definitely get the Flashlight App from HTC.

Global Posts
    303 Global Posts
    the HTC hub is pretty, but it does make your phone look like an Android device...

the HTC flashlight is my flashlight app of choice... and the weather app is really cool to look at it

and as stated above, the double tile is pretty sweet

Global Posts
    792 Global Posts
    Really nice looking, I installed it on my Focus mainly for the weather, but it lacks many features I want

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    5,295 Global Posts
    I like the HTC hub too, love the live tile showing rain, sleet, rain, snow, rain, sleet, snow, sleet, snow.

Unfortunately it's correct. :D

.........HANDSET: Nokia Lumia 920
    .........COUNTRY: Scotland UK
    .........NETWORK: 3 UK

I got rid of it. I use USA Today for news and I like M$'s Weather app a lot -- nice and simple and usually very accurate.

I don't like HTC's "Andoidified" software. :/

I liked HTC's old hub, the animations looked better...

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

Deleted it immediately. I wish it also included radar and had a single tile option to take up less real estate. Being a hunter, I have found AccuWeathers hourly forecast suits my needs better. I really enjoyed the weather anis with WinMo. Looking back I guess it was more new and novel. It just doesn't feel right for me now with WP7. Just my opinion. I must be getting old lol.