Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

No, Zune didn't recognize phone even after restarting phone and PC. I even tried connecting the phone to a different PC and Zune there also doesn't recognize the phone.

Thank you for responding to the first message though. Hope someone here has a suggestion. An updated phone would be nice, but as of now I have lost the ability to sync my phone to PC also.

Just followed the included instructions and now I am running windows phone 7.8 on HTC HD7. I had no hope until I found this wonderful help. Thank you!

Works wonders! Thank you so much.

For the XP user, at what point do you run that FIX? Can I start the steps and at the point of CHOICE, run the fix?

Global Posts
    671 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JaywithXP View Post
    For the XP user, at what point do you run that FIX? Can I start the steps and at the point of CHOICE, run the fix?
    After looking at the link you should be able to do every step up to the point that you run the cab sender. At this point you need to overwrite it with the fix and then proceed from there.
    i dont understand why i cant update, i make all step 100% many times , i check my htc have all in english, i copy all the folders like a description, but when i run intho the cab sender the file WP7 Update Cab Sender and show me a choices, i can select anyone (B or S) but always show me the same message: ERROR: "NO UPDATE FILES". somebody can help me pls.?

sir its error code 80180048 iu (image update) installation failed due to an error sir what should i do ?? tnx in advance

sir error 80180048 intallation failed due to an error how will i fix this

Global Posts
    671 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vslayer31 View Post
    sir error 80180048 intallation failed due to an error how will i fix this
    Here is all I can find on this error. Zune Update Error Code 80180048 aka Walshed Phone Error? HERES A FIX - xda-developers

Global Posts
    671 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugo Osvaldo Quiroga Acosta View Post
    i dont understand why i cant update, i make all step 100% many times , i check my htc have all in english, i copy all the folders like a description, but when i run intho the cab sender the file WP7 Update Cab Sender and show me a choices, i can select anyone (B or S) but always show me the same message: ERROR: "NO UPDATE FILES". somebody can help me pls.?
    are you for sure you are putting the update files in the cab sender folder unchanged. Just copy and paste.

Thanks. Worked perfect.

upgrade-error-my-htc-hd7.jpg

Hi i had this error when i try to upgrade my htc hd7 fron wp7.5 to wp7.8. please help.. Thanks.

Im having troubles with the extraction process and the steps needed. the only one that i can extract anyways is the initial uodate tools which states to extract that file in the steps. the CAb files i download and leave as they are. I am getting the error for no update files, is it possible my computer is automatically uncompressing these files? Vista

I have this error , whot to do ??

"Error:
    Update device e76139ee - 47da5950 - 5c159260 - 3df0a052 Complete with error code
    : 80180048, error message: IU (Image Update) installation failed due to an error
    ."

Global Posts
    671 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rbacelonia View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	upgrade error on my htc hd7.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	103.9 KB 
ID:	28449

Hi i had this error when i try to upgrade my htc hd7 fron wp7.5 to wp7.8. please help.. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by AdonisHab View Post
    I have this error , whot to do ??

"Error:
    Update device e76139ee - 47da5950 - 5c159260 - 3df0a052 Complete with error code
    : 80180048, error message: IU (Image Update) installation failed due to an error
    ."
    Here is what I can find on this error update error 80180048 Lumia 800 ? - Microsoft Community
    You can look through this link. I read on it that you can hard reset your phone and it might fix it. You will lose everything though so may you backed it up or saved everything before starting.

Global Posts
    671 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh Rinella View Post
    Im having troubles with the extraction process and the steps needed. the only one that i can extract anyways is the initial uodate tools which states to extract that file in the steps. the CAb files i download and leave as they are. I am getting the error for no update files, is it possible my computer is automatically uncompressing these files? Vista
    What version is your phone currently on?

sir im facing the same problem after this but my phone version is now 8112 ive tried the seveneighter downloader and its ther same error code as the seveneighter

Global Posts
    671 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vslayer31 View Post
    sir im facing the same problem after this but my phone version is now 8112 ive tried the seveneighter downloader and its ther same error code as the seveneighter
    What is your error code again? Did you try the fix for the last error?

This looks helpful. However, I'd like to make other modifications to my phone. There is a nice homebrew that will allow me to customize the sounds for SMS & email. I'd have to use WP7 Root Tools to install that app. Does anyone know if there are any conflicts and which steps need to go first?

Global Posts
    671 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HdHunter View Post
    This looks helpful. However, I'd like to make other modifications to my phone. There is a nice homebrew that will allow me to customize the sounds for SMS & email. I'd have to use WP7 Root Tools to install that app. Does anyone know if there are any conflicts and which steps need to go first?
    I dont think this is what you are looking for then. I believe to do what you want, you need to developer unlock your phone. I do not know how but XDA will lead you in the right direction.
    Thanked by:

Does "Internet Sharing" still work for free on T-Mobile after doing this update to 7.8? I'm concerned because I heard that with Windows Phone 8 on T-Mobile you had to sign up for additional monthly service in order to have the same feature.

Global Posts
    671 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Weiss View Post
    Does "Internet Sharing" still work for free on T-Mobile after doing this update to 7.8? I'm concerned because I heard that with Windows Phone 8 on T-Mobile you had to sign up for additional monthly service in order to have the same feature.
    I am not sure on this. My HD7 is T-Mobile branded but I am not using it in the states currently. I know the feature still works but I'm not sure if tmo is charging for it.

Thanks for the response. Can anyone else confirm or deny if "Internet Sharing" stills works free of charge with your HD7 after apply the update. Also it was my experience that the WiFi to Cellular connection issue started happening after I turned-on "Internet Sharing" for the first time after the Mango 7.5 update. Has anyone had the same experience after upgrading to 7.8?

One other question. If I update to 7.8 and then find out that the internet sharing doesn't work can I go back to 8107? If so how would I do that with the tools given in this post?

Sinlessearth...thank you SO VERY MUCH for your instructions. I was literally going to give up today. In fact, I started deleting all the various files when I came up to your thread here. I followed your instructions to the "t" and it worked perfectly!

Your instructions were very, very easy to follow. To think if I had found your thread here before spending countless and countless hours downloading files (most of which were unecassary) and countless intructions which was very frustrating and had led to nothing.

Now I shall keep my HD7 for much longer....

Thanks!
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast