Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. DAIMONDY's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    173 Posts
       #1  
    Hi everyone, im new here but I've decided to join now as this is the first problem I've had with the phone since I've had it.

    For some reason my IE has gone unbelievably slow recently on my HD7. Pages like this take over 2 minutes to fully load over WiFi, H or 3G whereas before it would only take around 10-15 seconds.

    Anyone else having any issues? The rest of the phone is quick as usual and im using Board express to access forums at the mo.

    Thanks for any replies :)



    Sent from my HD7 T9292 using Board Express
  2. Loiselle's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    212 Posts
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    #2  
    I've been noticing a slow down on most data related connections... Facebook, Twitter, news feeds, so on and so on. Again, under WiFi in my own home, out and about on full service 3G... data seems to be collecting very slowly. This has just been in the last few weeks here.
  3. DAIMONDY's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    173 Posts
       #3  
    Yea only in the last 2-3 weeks with me too. Don't think there's anything wrong with my phone as youtube vids load just fine so its the explorer that's the issue with me. Can uninstall and reinstall though. I've cleared the history but still nothing.

    Might reset my phone to see if it clears the issue.

    Sent from my HD7 T9292 using Board Express
  4. DAIMONDY's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    173 Posts
       #4  
    I decided to try out a different browser. I went forone called metro and pages like this load up within seconds, I think its even faster than IE originally was with me.

    The app itself could do with a bit of work visually but overall its very good and very fast.

    Highly recommended for anyone who may have the same issues I had.

    Maybe IE will be fixed for me with the mango update :)

    Sent from my HD7 T9292 using Board Express
  5. foosball's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    423 Posts
    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by DAIMONDY View Post
    I decided to try out a different browser. I went forone called metro and pages like this load up within seconds, I think its even faster than IE originally was with me.

    The app itself could do with a bit of work visually but overall its very good and very fast.

    Highly recommended for anyone who may have the same issues I had.

    Maybe IE will be fixed for me with the mango update :)

    Sent from my HD7 T9292 using Board Express
    Good suggestion. I really like how clean the Metro Browser looks and how much more screen real estate it provides.
    dumb phone > Palm Pre > Palm Pre+ > HTC Arrive> HTC EVO LTE > No more Windows Phones until WP gets Swype.
  6. #6  
    Yes, IE Mobile is significantly slower than its contemporary competitors, but rest assured that it will be fixed and the issue forgotten when Mango is released.

    Michael.
  7. foosball's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    423 Posts
    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael-Dallas View Post
    Yes, IE Mobile is significantly slower than its contemporary competitors, but rest assured that it will be fixed and the issue forgotten when Mango is released.

    Michael.
    Mango will definitely give a turbo boost to IE. How about improvements to screen real estate?

    Sent from my HTC Arrive using Board Express
    dumb phone > Palm Pre > Palm Pre+ > HTC Arrive> HTC EVO LTE > No more Windows Phones until WP gets Swype.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by WPDiddy View Post
    Mango will definitely give a turbo boost to IE. How about improvements to screen real estate?

    Sent from my HTC Arrive using Board Express
    A little more screen real estate in portrait, but less in landscape. However, you don't have to turn your phone back to portrait to enter a new URL.

    Michael.
  9. DAIMONDY's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    173 Posts
       #9  
    Just a quick update. Mango surely enough fixed my ie slowdown. Now its super fast.

    Mango is awsome!

    Sent from my HD7 T9292 using Board Express

Posting Permissions

B