Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 29
  1. onemadrssn's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    56 Posts
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
       #1  
    AmazonWireless: HTC Arrive Windows Phone (Sprint)

    Available for pre-sale, ships in 8-9 days.

    $50 less than from a Sprint store, with no $50 gift card purchase requirement and no mail-in-rebate.

    In the pictures, it looks like it has some sort of (ugly?) snapon cover.
    Thanked by:
  2. jasqid's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    478 Posts
    Global Posts
    527 Global Posts
    #2  
    Nice Find
  3. foosball's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    423 Posts
    #3  
    Hmmm, I may order one here if Radio Shack doesn't have them ready for pre-orders this next week. Radio Shack does the instant rebate thing too.
    Last edited by WPDiddy; 03-12-2011 at 11:27 AM.
  4. foosball's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    423 Posts
    #4  
    Ok, placed my order. They get you with the Sprint $10 Data Premium Fee per month if you already have a data plan but otherwise it's a $149.99 charge for phone which ends up being FREE if you are due for an upgrade. Delivered by Thursday March 24th. I'm going to hate waiting another 3-4 days but I'll save the $50 and get a new bluetooth or something.

    EDIT: This is incorrect. See post below.
    Last edited by WPDiddy; 03-12-2011 at 04:19 PM.
  5. onemadrssn's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    56 Posts
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
       #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by WPDiddy View Post
    Ok, placed my order. They get you with the Sprint $10 Data Premium Fee per month if you already have a data plan but otherwise it's a $149.99 charge for phone which ends up being FREE if you are due for an upgrade. Delivered by Thursday March 24th. I'm going to hate waiting another 3-4 days but I'll save the $50 and get a new bluetooth or something.
    How does it end up being FREE? It ends up being $149.99 if you're due for an upgrade the way I count it.
  6. foosball's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    423 Posts
    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by onemadrssn View Post
    How does it end up being FREE? It ends up being $149.99 if you're due for an upgrade the way I count it.
    Sprint gives you $149.99 toward an upgrade so let's put it this way: your credit card won't be charged a nickel for the transaction.

    EDIT: This is incorrect. See post below.
    Last edited by WPDiddy; 03-12-2011 at 04:16 PM.
  7. MadGaffler's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    41 Posts
    #7  
    I'm going to try this if its still available Wednesday. Still not sure how it would be free if the two year contact price is 150.00, how can they sell it for such a big discount?
  8. foosball's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    423 Posts
    #8  
    Ok, my error for incorrect information on my earlier posts. Amazon indicates that this phone is $149.99 but it assumes you are activating a new line or upgrading an existing line to get that price.

    It does NOT mean that the phone is $149.99 before using your upgrade which would have resulted in a free phone.
    Last edited by WPDiddy; 03-12-2011 at 05:33 PM.
  9. MadGaffler's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    41 Posts
    #9  
    so how does that work out for someone like me, my current phone is a HTC Hero? My 75.00 and 150.00 upgrades are available for my three lines.
  10. foosball's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    423 Posts
    #10  
    It means that the cheapest you'll get this phone for is $149.99, which is still a helluva deal.

    For lines only eligible for the $75 upgrade instead of $150, you will pay the $75 difference for a total of $224.99.

    Did you know that if you are within 6 months of renewing your 2 year agreement Sprint will give you one month for free? It's called the Free Month of Service Bonus.
  11. Koldfate's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    8 Posts
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    #11  
    Nice find, I would rather wait 4 days to get the phone, than wait 3 months to get the $100 rebate back.

    I already went to the store and put my name on 'the list' and bought the $50 gift card. Maybe they will have a decent case at the store. Otherwise I guess my bill this month is gonna be $50 less haha.
    dumb phone > Palm Pre > HTC Arrive
  12. blends's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    24 Posts
    #12  
    It's on back order. Damn.
  13. Thrasherx2k1's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    61 Posts
    Global Posts
    402 Global Posts
    #13  
    Has anyone had any luck with trying to Pre Order at Best Buy or Radio Shack? Ive called atleast 5 stores and no one has a clue about the phone. Best Buy told me they may not be getting it at all as they do not get alot of Windows Phones they said. Radio Shack said they have to call their district manager for more info. One radio shack guy said he saw the product in his computer but did not see any on order for their store or any in the district. Kinda sad huh?
  14. turdsamich's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    24 Posts
    Global Posts
    208 Global Posts
    #14  
    Im really hoping radio shack gets it. They usually have pretty good prices on phones. Keeping my fingers crossed for a $50 upgrade like the new contract price on wirefly.
  15. onemadrssn's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    56 Posts
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
       #15  
    I kind of doubt it will ever be $50. Wasn't the Touch Pro 2 over $100 it's entire life. Business class "pro" phones tend not to be discounted as much as. Then again, Sprint chose not to call this one a "pro".
  16. Dusteater's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    313 Posts
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by onemadrssn View Post
    I kind of doubt it will ever be $50. Wasn't the Touch Pro 2 over $100 it's entire life. Business class "pro" phones tend not to be discounted as much as. Then again, Sprint chose not to call this one a "pro".
    Right, you can't call a phone without global roaming "Pro", hence the rename. I think it is interesting that HTC does not mention the Arrive on their website anywhere, only the 7 Pro. Wonder why?
  17. jdnely's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    19 Posts
    #17  
    Wirefly.com has the phone for 49.99 with new contract (not upgrade). I'm sure you could cancel sprint and then resign up with a new number or something.

    I chose to go through Sprint after all. I tend to come across "broken" devices and through amazon, or anyone of these other companies, I'd have to go through them for repairs/replacement which means mailing it and waiting. Additionally, Sprint has a 30-day return policy which gives me 30-days of use whilst giving me the possibility of returning if some how a newer device is announced in the next month.
  18. foosball's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    423 Posts
    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dusteater View Post
    Right, you can't call a phone without global roaming "Pro", hence the rename. I think it is interesting that HTC does not mention the Arrive on their website anywhere, only the 7 Pro. Wonder why?
    Wonder no longer:

    HTC Mobile Phones - Arrive
  19. #19  
    tried ordering it from amazon and was gonna go for it till i saw the expected delivery date. 4/1/2011, WRONG ANSWER. im on spring break now and i need time to get it set up and well played with. why the hell would it take 12 days for the phone to arrive from first availability especially with 2 day shipping?
  20. jasqid's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    478 Posts
    Global Posts
    527 Global Posts
    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
    tried ordering it from amazon and was gonna go for it till i saw the expected delivery date. 4/1/2011, WRONG ANSWER. im on spring break now and i need time to get it set up and well played with. why the hell would it take 12 days for the phone to arrive from first availability especially with 2 day shipping?
    Try Wirefly. They have it for the same $149 if you are upgrading. I dont see anything about shipping time other than FedEx.
  21. turdsamich's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    24 Posts
    Global Posts
    208 Global Posts
    #21  
    Its also available from radio shack for the same pricing as Wirefly.

    Introducing the new HTC Arrive for Sprint!

    Also interesting to note that the price without contract is $100 less than the sprint pricing
  22. foosball's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    423 Posts
    #22  
    Checked with my local store and they are "releasing" them tomorrow if you can call it that. They said they won't have any in stock but they can order them for you. Why would anyone do that when Amazon is just a click away?
  23. foosball's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    423 Posts
    #23  
    Gotta love Amazon! They shipped the Arrive today and its going to be delivered tomorrow. I hadn't used them for phone upgrades before but based on this experience the short 48 hour wait was worth it to save $50.
    dumb phone > Palm Pre > Palm Pre+ > HTC Arrive> HTC EVO LTE > No more Windows Phones until WP gets Swype.
  24. Koldfate's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    8 Posts
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by WPDiddy View Post
    Gotta love Amazon! They shipped the Arrive today and its going to be delivered tomorrow. I hadn't used them for phone upgrades before but based on this experience the short 48 hour wait was worth it to save $50.
    Same here, now if only skinomi gets here in the next couple of days I'll be doing ok.
    dumb phone > Palm Pre > HTC Arrive
  25. foosball's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    423 Posts
    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by Koldfate View Post
    Same here, now if only skinomi gets here in the next couple of days I'll be doing ok.
    Did you get the full phone cover or screen only? I'll be curious what you think of the full cover if you ended up going with that. I've only tried the screen covers and they worked great until the edges started coming up.
    dumb phone > Palm Pre > Palm Pre+ > HTC Arrive> HTC EVO LTE > No more Windows Phones until WP gets Swype.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions