09-29-2013, 08:06 PM #1
- 31 Posts
Under phone storage in settings its showing I have 624MB of "other" stuff on my phone, but when I hook it up to my computer all of the folders are empty. Is there a way to browse through the system or root files to see what that other stuff could be? Thanks!
10-03-2013, 02:20 PM #4
- 67 Posts
"Other" storage represents data that your phone and apps need to use for certain purposes, such as storing your text messages, emails, game save data, facebook cache, etc. The phone is supposed to automatically manage this space to keep it in a reasonable range (as long as your phone has GDR2)
If it's really a problem, clear out your text messages, don't download emails, and uninstall facebook (uninstalling an app should take it's related "Other" data with it) and you'll see the number drop, but only ever so slightly. To be honest with you, 684mb of other is a relatively low number. My 8GB phone seems like to keep around 1.3 gb of "Other" data.
- By Cellus13 in forum The "Off Topic" LoungeReplies: 10Last Post: 11-17-2013, 03:17 AM
- By Lauren Wright in forum Nokia Lumia 521Replies: 25Last Post: 10-16-2013, 11:56 PM
- By Sebsweden in forum Nokia Lumia 1020Replies: 6Last Post: 09-29-2013, 09:21 PM
- By F60Outrunn in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 7Last Post: 09-29-2013, 09:08 PM
- By DuncanF62 in forum Microsoft Surface for Windows RTReplies: 3Last Post: 09-29-2013, 05:31 AM