Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By FinancialP
  1.    #1  
    Hello, has anyone found out how to use the Wallet NFC as contactless payment. The user manual says contact Sprint, I guess you need a seure sim but nobody at Sprint so far knows how to get one.
    I just checked Sprint's site, and the only thing I saw related to NFC was the tutorial on how to turn it on and off.

Perhaps the NFC wallet is not yet available.

I would suggest contacting Sprint again, perhaps via e-mail instead of asking a rep in the store.

Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    No it's available on Windows Phone yet.

However Isis has just finished it's 9 month pilot program. So something may be coming in a year.
    Thanked by:
    Laura Knotek likes this.

Global Posts
    843 Global Posts
    Seems as we hoped, Sprint/HTC/Samsung are releasing features now for availability later when the updates are pushed. I love "future proofing" in my devices.

Sent from my PG86100 using WPCentral Forums mobile app
    If it isn't Windows, then it isn't trying hard enough.
  5.    #5  
    Its in the user manual HTC 8XT User Guide and HTC 8XT User Guide and HTC 8XT User Guide

I chatted online and called in. I was transferred 3 times. I started at customer service, was told that telesales could order the secure sim. Transferred there they said order support was the one to order it, and transferred there. Order support said no it is customer support that needs to order it and transferred back to there. In chat I was told to go to the local sprint store to pick one up. On another chat is was told the sim that cam with it was the right one.
    Last edited by Jonathan Cable; 07-31-2013 at 10:36 AM. Reason: left out

Global Posts
    129 Global Posts
    I work at one of the stores and personally have been using the 8XT too. I think that it is not enable for Sprint yet for the NFC payments. I'm going to ask around and see if they can get it pushed out to our devices!
  7.    #7  
    Please if you find out anything. I just found out Sprint calls it an UICC card instead of a sim card. To enable it we have to get a Secure card according to Microsoft FAQ.

Global Posts
    2,081 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FinancialP View Post
    No it's available on Windows Phone yet.

However Isis has just finished it's 9 month pilot program. So something may be coming in a year.
    ISIS is a joint venture between AT&T, Verizon, and T-Mobile though. Sprint isn't a part of it. I think they support Google Wallet instead, but that doesn't help us.

If ISIS is successful though (I'm guessing it will since Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and Discover are all onboard) then I guess Sprint will have no choice but to join in.
    Phone History (hopefully in order): Samsung SGH-D407 > AT&T (HTC) Tilt > Sony Ericsson W580 > Blackberry Curve 8900 > Sony Ericsson C901 > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Blackberry 9700 > iPhone 3GS > Motorola Defy > Blackberry 9650 > iPhone 4 > Nokia E71 > Dell Venue Pro > HTC Titan > HTC Titan II > Lumia 900 + Samsung Galaxy Exhibit > Nokia Lumia 920 + Nokia Lumia 521 + Motorola RAZR V3xx
    Last updated: 05/13/2013

Quote Originally Posted by alpinestars1z View Post
    ISIS is a joint venture between AT&T, Verizon, and T-Mobile though. Sprint isn't a part of it. I think they support Google Wallet instead, but that doesn't help us.

If ISIS is successful though (I'm guessing it will since Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and Discover are all onboard) then I guess Sprint will have no choice but to join in.
    haha so does this mean that NFC payment may actually become a reality? I have the HTC 8X for verizon and one of the reason i bought it was for payment but with ISIS i never knew if it will actually come true. Good to know most of us aere gonna have a reason to use NFC if ISIS is successful

Isis is working on it. They have just started a list of people to notify when it is available by tweeting @paywithisis

Any progress? I am checking more or less the same. How to register my debit card in Wallet and pay by my Nokia 925, using NFC.