Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1.    #1  
    So this device is rumoured to be coming to Sprint this summer, we have some rough specs:

" The unannounced Tiara smartphone is rumored to be a mid-range handset with a 4.3-inch WVGA Super LCD2 display, while the Ativ S offers a 4.8-inch 720p display, a 1.5GHz dual-core processor, 1GB of RAM, NFC and an 8-megapixel rear camera."

Who's planning on getting one? Let us know!
    Super LCD v/s Amoled - do you have any Amoled on Sprint?
    Patient Windows Phone User since October 2010 till cores and apps do us apart.

Read the rules before you post. If you post, we will assume you've read this already.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    3,767 Global Posts
    Rumored specs include a 1.2GHz dual-core Snapdragon processor, 4.3-inch Super LCD2 display (WVGA resolution), 1GB of RAM, 8GB of internal storage, 1800mAh battery and an 8-megapixel rear camera (1.6-megapixel front).

Also rumored for Tiara is the inclusion of Windows Phone 8 GDR2, which will be the second update to the WP8 OS.

I might be, but it is pretty disheartening to see such an anemic offering at this point in the WP8 game.

Global Posts
    869 Global Posts
    I'm not really interested in a mid-range phone, so I'm leaning to the Samsung Ativ S instead.
    If it isn't Windows, then it isn't trying hard enough.

I have an arrive now, If i stay with sprint I would get the ativ. I'm pretty sure im going to switch to verizon if they announce the 928.

Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    Sounds like a beefier 8S. Hopefully it looks as slick as the 8S.
    RSM for VZW
    Phone history: HTC Trophy, Droid Razr, Curve 9370, HTC Rezound, HTC 8X Blue, HTC 8X VZW Employee Edition, LG Intuition, Nokia Lumia 928 White, LG G2, Droid Ultra VZW Employee Edition, iPhone 5S
    I have had bad history with Samsung phones, so the HTC version is of more interest. Just to bad the HTC is lower grade to the Samsung offering. Still using a Touch Pro2 and giving up my keyboard is going to tuff. Been trying to find a cheap Arrive to use until Sprint releases them, but not going to spend the money ebay wants just for few months.
    Still waiting for Hitachi to reintroduce the G1000 with a VGA screen and more memory. I still miss that crash prone beauty.:D

If anyone hears any updated information about the Tiara being released please let us know.
    Banned

Global Posts
    243 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rabbijkl View Post
    If anyone hears any updated information about the Tiara being released please let us know.
    How about this one published by engadget earlier today? (Can one of the writers make a reference of this as an article, especially since most of the stuff written about Sprint is negative and unresearched):

HTC Windows Phone with Sprint LTE surfaces in FCC docs
    100 bucks! come on, for a dumbed down 8x. i would pay that for a 8x with slide out keyboard.

Just too much money for small low res screen and limited on board storage. They even slowed down the processor from the 8x.
    Still waiting for Hitachi to reintroduce the G1000 with a VGA screen and more memory. I still miss that crash prone beauty.:D

Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    I don't understand why this is even called the 8xT. It looks like an improved 8s. Should have been the 8sT or something similar. For my money, I will have to go with the Neo. I have spent over two years at 800x480 screen resolution and I am ready for something nicer.

Global Posts
    361 Global Posts
    I like the specs of the Neo, but think the phone itself is ugly as hell... this alone will probably cause me to choose the 8XT though the only hesitation I have left is regarding the WVGA resoluation...
    The screen is amazing for only being WVGA. Looks better than the Arrive I had.
    ratsttam likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Palm_forlackofchoice View Post
    100 bucks! come on, for a dumbed down 8x. i would pay that for a 8x with slide out keyboard.

Just too much money for small low res screen and limited on board storage. They even slowed down the processor from the 8x.
    still think it should be free but I bought one. My local sprint store let me use it as demo for week. I was going to give it back and wait for the neo, but couldn't justify spending another 50. 8xt screen looks. Ok go me.

Global Posts
    869 Global Posts
    still think it should be free but I bought one. My local sprint store let me use it as demo for week. I was going to give it back and wait for the neo, but couldn't justify spending another 50. 8xt screen looks. Ok go me.
    You couldn't take advantage of the free deal through Talk or the $.01 deal through Amazon?
    Amazon wasn't free, it was 79.99. My local store has been good to me. They will let me use the neo too for a week.

Global Posts
    361 Global Posts
    Amazon wasn't free, it was 79.99. My local store has been good to me. They will let me use the neo too for a week.
    My local store strongly suggested that I not buy a Windows Phone.

I ordered on amazon and because I had my free upgrade it stayed at the .01 - I keep hearing that people are paying 80 for it on there with accounts, but I called amazon and verified, we will see I guess. I am excited to get rid of my EVO 4g LTE and get back to wp :)
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzlyaddams View Post
    My local store strongly suggested that I not buy a Windows Phone.
    The people at my local store love the HTC 8XT.

Global Posts
    361 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Cable View Post
    The people at my local store love the HTC 8XT.
    Well, I have a couple "local" stores. The one I consider cool I haven't been to in quite some time because I've had the same phone for 2 years with no service needs. There were a lot of Palm Pre-believers (Prelievers?) back then so who knows, maybe they have a better attitude toward WP than the store I visited recently.

Global Posts
    869 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DeviIstar View Post
    I ordered on amazon and because I had my free upgrade it stayed at the .01 - I keep hearing that people are paying 80 for it on there with accounts, but I called amazon and verified, we will see I guess. I am excited to get rid of my EVO 4g LTE and get back to wp :)
    That's my understanding of the deal. I guess some are buying before they are eligible.

Sent from my PG86100 using WPCentral Forums mobile app
    I just realized the color on Amazon is different than what the phone really is. The color amazon shows is more Blue. Wish that was the color the phone really is.

Global Posts
    869 Global Posts
    That's what many pre-reviewers have said...it looks more bluish gray in person.

Global Posts
    1,138 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by enthuz View Post
    That's what many pre-reviewers have said...it looks more bluish gray in person.

Good! Mine is sitting on a delivery truck somewhere between the depot and my house at this very moment. I was a little worried about it looking more purple then blue. grayish blue is more "me" though. Just always preferred the more "industrial", plain looking phones like the Arrive, Epic 4g, and Nexus. Not that I minded the red of my BB Pearl and Curves.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast