- 10-15-2013, 03:36 PM #1
I'm getting HTC 8x at the price of Nokia Lumia 720
What could be the cause of such a downfall in price of 8X?
I'm getting it at 57% discount.
I have few questions if anybody of you can answer.
1. 8X or Lumia 720?
2. Will i be able to run ALL WP Store apps on 8X?
3. I heard WP9 is coming soon and there might be a hardware change (Removing of 'back' button). Would i still be able to update to WP8.1?
4. Any chance of getting Nokia apps on 8X?
Last edited by Raghav94; 10-15-2013 at 04:30 PM.
10-15-2013, 04:04 PM #2
- 90 Posts
I had the 8x before I got my L925. I thought it was a solid phone. Just keep your expectations in check -- it's nearly a year old now.
1. For me, I would go with the 8x over the 720
2. Yes, you will be able to run all WP store apps on the 8X
3. No one knows the answer to this question.
4. As soon as the exclusivity period runs out (usually 6 months), you can load Nokia apps on the 8x. There are many available right now.
The thing that I really loved about the 8x is the external speaker. It sounds great (relatively speaking of course) without headphones.
- 10-15-2013, 04:17 PM #4
I have an 8X and I'd tell you to get one too, over the 720. you will definitely be able to run everything, except Nokia specific apps, minus Navigation/transit/maps.
You must be referring to wp8.1 and yes it will get updated to wp8.1.
You can install Nokia Pro cam and some others but not all. Overall, you're getting a better looking device, higher resolution screen, and better camera. The phone is nice and I love it. Beats is also I great addition, especially coupled with some nice headphones.
- 10-15-2013, 04:40 PM #6
10-15-2013, 04:56 PM #8
- 8 Posts
I'd recommend you the l720. I was in your shoes a few months ago and chose the 8x over l720. Why the l720?
-Has Nokia support and Nokia apps; HTC wp8 support is very poor and has only 6 apps (compared to dozens on lumia, e.g. Data Sense, Nokia Maps)
-l720 has superior battery. Only 200mAh over the 8x, but the 8x's superior hardware drains more. As for the hardware, I simply do not need 1.5 GHz since I can't even afford any games and the 1.0GHz on lumia performs just as good for everything else.
Nevertheless, I have no complaints about the 8x so far.
- 10-15-2013, 05:07 PM #10
10-15-2013, 07:22 PM #14
- 78 Posts
I have to agree, if you get a windows phone, get a Nokia. Or else you'll be having a sub par windows phone experience. I have a Lumia 920 like my gf does, but my mom has an 8x, mind you she loves it because she just uses it as a phone, but its much more limited and basic
10-15-2013, 08:27 PM #15
- 90 Posts
btw... i like your avatar pic, darkest.white. :)
- 10-16-2013, 03:47 PM #19
I have an 8x and a 520 and although my 520 has a few more apps nothing really that i would use day in day out where for a couple of htc apps i use all the time. My 8x has never had any issues although i thought it might have a battery problem but i don't know anything about batteries but turns out its a feature more than a problem. Only thing i would change about my 8x is the flash, turns off when battery low and cant be turned back on but never mind
- 10-16-2013, 05:23 PM #21
- 10-16-2013, 07:23 PM #23
10-17-2013, 03:22 AM #24
- 18 Posts
Bought a HTC 8X for the miss's, she loves it, but finds the app store a bit lacking compared to Android and iOS. It's a shame, but some of the most basic apps are missing (since I last checked, youtube (keeps getting taken down off the store), dropbox, VLC (in development) stuff like that). To many, that's a bit of a deal breaker. Other than that, we have a few issues with the phone freezing... I assume that's not our network's fault rather the phone. I am not sure what the cause of that is. Other issues that you may want to look up include the paint/colour rubbing off on the matte backing. I am not sure how that happens but I've read a lot of people report it as an issue (I bought the miss's a hard cover so no issue there, you may want to do the same).
- By Dustin Hodges in forum Windows Phone GDR3 PreviewReplies: 11Last Post: 10-16-2013, 06:58 PM
- By Srvgodara in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 10Last Post: 10-16-2013, 08:32 AM
- By lexus232 in forum Windows Phone GDR3 PreviewReplies: 5Last Post: 10-16-2013, 04:33 AM
- By iboypx in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 2Last Post: 10-15-2013, 03:17 PM
- By piyushj in forum Nokia Lumia 822Replies: 1Last Post: 10-15-2013, 12:36 PM