- 09-29-2013, 11:53 PM #1
My friend and I both got an unlocked Verizon HTC 8X recently. He plugged in a SIM card from T-Mobile and it works fine with voice and internet access. However, Internet Sharing does not seem to work. He called T-Mobile tech and was told that the functionality is not possible with a phone from Verizon. Is it true and is there a way around this limitation?
It doesn't seem logical why an unlocked phone can do voice and internet but NOT internet sharing.
- 09-30-2013, 12:37 AM #4
Really? Internet Sharing is a functionality available to all phones. My company's T-Mobile Lumia 810 has internet sharing. The phone we bought is unlocked Verizon, so IS should just be a functionality based on which cellular provider the SIM card is from.
- 09-30-2013, 12:39 AM #5
- 09-30-2013, 12:49 AM #6
I always buy unbranded/unlocked phones. You bought an unlocked, dual band CDMA/GSM phone from Verizon which is a CDMA/LTE carrier. They are not a GSM carrier. The GSM function is unlocked and your phone works for making calls and SMS. Does the MMS function work? I think people with your phone were also having trouble with the MMS function if I remember correctly.
- 09-30-2013, 01:29 AM #7
Thanks! The phone is fine for me since I am on Verizon. My friend wants to use it on his T-Mobile network. I will ask him to check out the MMS functionality and see if it works. As for myself, I got a Lumia 521 as a backup for my T-Mobile phone. Lesson learned and in the future we will be more careful and do our research before buying a phone to use on a different network.
- By bilzkh in forum Microsoft Surface Pro 2Replies: 27Last Post: 10-06-2013, 05:30 PM
- By Saravana Muthaly in forum Nokia Lumia 820Replies: 6Last Post: 10-02-2013, 10:21 PM
- By nwildcat in forum Windows Phone AppsReplies: 2Last Post: 09-30-2013, 07:31 PM
- By camaroguy in forum Nokia Lumia 1020Replies: 5Last Post: 09-30-2013, 01:00 PM
- By Sebsweden in forum Nokia Lumia 1020Replies: 6Last Post: 09-29-2013, 09:21 PM