- 08-28-2013, 10:42 AM #1
1. Connect to a WiFi network
2. Under Settings - WiFi, click on the WiFi network you are connected to
3. Switch 'Proxy' to on. Now type "220.127.116.11" into "Server/URL". In "Port", type in "8888", then click on the tick at the bottom of the screen
4. Link for the app: Nokia Pro Cam | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
Just type it in the address bar of the browser and it would automatically redirect you to the store.
5. Click Install.
Source: Now You can install Samsung Or HTC Collection's apps on Your Lumia.
Things that currently don't work:
2. Adjusting the focus
here's a sample for comparison (indoor lighting)
Photo taken using Nokia Pro Cam:
Photo taken using Camera App:
Things I noticed:
1. Photo taken with Nokia Pro Cam has relatively a lot more noise.
2. Photo taken with Camera App have brighter color. (But I think it depends on the lighting.)
Last edited by Bryan Sayas; 08-30-2013 at 12:42 PM. Reason: Added Samples
08-28-2013, 12:14 PM #4
- 17 Posts
- 08-29-2013, 08:37 PM #6
Last edited by Bryan Sayas; 08-30-2013 at 07:00 AM.
09-08-2013, 03:06 AM #8
- 9 Posts
thanks very much! i tried to do it through the original article but it wouldn't work for me even though i could install all the other oem apps.
has anyone been able to set pro cam as their default camera app? i've had no luck and my 8x is updated to GDR2.
09-11-2013, 05:15 AM #10
- 2,936 Posts
I installed the Beats software on my 720, couldn't even turn that on.
Who knows if these exclusive softwares (specially camera ones) require some kind of hardware to run?
- 09-12-2013, 10:53 PM #14
- 09-15-2013, 12:13 AM #21
09-17-2013, 03:04 AM #25
- 981 Posts
Here folks install this app and use his method/it's the same proxy as above but with a small added step, see: [check out]
When you finally get INSTALL showing click install and then quickly go back and set Wi-Fi back to default otherwise the app may/will stall and
needs attention tap won't work. You can install most of the apps in purple just don't install any under WP SYSTEM, they won't work.
nokiaupdates | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
I just realized that HTC owners might not be able to download this so...[check out] is after you find the Nokia app that you want in the store send it to your phone via email then set Wi-Fi proxy as suggested above then open that link and when it says "this app not available for your phone" hit the back button and pause 3 seconds and click it again and it should say install you might have to do this several times but it should work, I've installed several HTC and Samsung app on my Nokia Lumia this way.
Last edited by PB_H; 09-17-2013 at 03:37 AM.
- By Alessandro Rizzo in forum Windows Phone AppsReplies: 13Last Post: 08-29-2013, 12:58 PM
- By BIGPADDY in forum PlaystationReplies: 3Last Post: 08-28-2013, 12:09 PM
- By zultar in forum Nokia Lumia 520Replies: 1Last Post: 08-28-2013, 09:04 AM