- 07-23-2013, 05:19 PM #1
So I bought a skinomi screen protector for my phone.. it said apply it overnight so it can settle cause its applied with a special solution. Now I did exactly as the video said. I wake up and didn't notice right away there was water inside my LCD.. I was so POed. I went to go click my power button to turn the screen off and behold, now the power button doesnt work. Now I'm really mad.. I make a phone call right before I left for work and mad as it is, my phone shuts off and is now in a boot cycle. Great, my phone is now friend. I reactivated an old phone and call up the company explaining what happened as nice as possible and they completely didnt care whatsoever. When I started to get loud and ask for someone higher, the representative said she couldn't hear me and hung up. Result of this. I figure they won't do anything, so there goes my phone at the wall. But, hey, at least it was the phone and not me. Just wanted to vent that out.
- 07-24-2013, 11:46 AM #2
That terrible they really should pay for a replacement unless they have some hidden clause in there terms and conditions. Try getting a replacement from where you brought or contact HTC and see what they might offer.
- 07-24-2013, 01:41 PM #3
I wish I could, but most of the water underneath the LCD is still there.. a majority of it dried up from the phone restarting and getting hot. Maybe I can bag it with rice for like 2 weeks and contact HTC. Worst case, I sell it as parts on eBay with the million cases I have an hopefully get something.
Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 4 Beta
- 07-24-2013, 04:37 PM #4
- 07-28-2013, 09:15 AM #9
- By Accro in forum Nokia Lumia 520Replies: 2Last Post: 02-26-2014, 05:18 AM
- By sravanv in forum The Marketplace - Buy, Sell & TradeReplies: 8Last Post: 07-28-2013, 03:20 PM
- By Chris_Kez in forum Windows Phone AppsReplies: 2Last Post: 07-24-2013, 10:54 AM
- By vizagdude in forum Nokia Lumia 1020Replies: 25Last Post: 07-23-2013, 10:56 PM
- By Fer Bigotti in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 2Last Post: 07-23-2013, 03:30 PM