Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 9 of 9
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By abek0
  1. abek0's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    90 Posts
       #1  
    So I bought a skinomi screen protector for my phone.. it said apply it overnight so it can settle cause its applied with a special solution. Now I did exactly as the video said. I wake up and didn't notice right away there was water inside my LCD.. I was so POed. I went to go click my power button to turn the screen off and behold, now the power button doesnt work. Now I'm really mad.. I make a phone call right before I left for work and mad as it is, my phone shuts off and is now in a boot cycle. Great, my phone is now friend. I reactivated an old phone and call up the company explaining what happened as nice as possible and they completely didnt care whatsoever. When I started to get loud and ask for someone higher, the representative said she couldn't hear me and hung up. Result of this. I figure they won't do anything, so there goes my phone at the wall. But, hey, at least it was the phone and not me. Just wanted to vent that out.
  2. #2  
    That terrible they really should pay for a replacement unless they have some hidden clause in there terms and conditions. Try getting a replacement from where you brought or contact HTC and see what they might offer.
    The craziest member on WPCentral!

    SONY Windows Phone 8.1 release sometime in June!
  3. abek0's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    90 Posts
       #3  
    I wish I could, but most of the water underneath the LCD is still there.. a majority of it dried up from the phone restarting and getting hot. Maybe I can bag it with rice for like 2 weeks and contact HTC. Worst case, I sell it as parts on eBay with the million cases I have an hopefully get something.

    Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 4 Beta
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by abek0 View Post
    I wish I could, but most of the water underneath the LCD is still there.. a majority of it dried up from the phone restarting and getting hot. Maybe I can bag it with rice for like 2 weeks and contact HTC. Worst case, I sell it as parts on eBay with the million cases I have an hopefully get something.

    Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    If it does come to the worst there are a lot of cheap devices like the Lumia 520, 620 etc that are affordable and reducing in price even more.
    The craziest member on WPCentral!

    SONY Windows Phone 8.1 release sometime in June!
  5. abek0's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    90 Posts
       #5  
    Honestly, since the new droids for Motorola are coming out next month for Verizon, I'm going to hold off until then.

    Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 4 Beta
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by abek0 View Post
    Honestly, since the new droids for Motorola are coming out next month for Verizon, I'm going to hold off until then.

    Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    What about the 1020?
    The craziest member on WPCentral!

    SONY Windows Phone 8.1 release sometime in June!
  7. abek0's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    90 Posts
       #7  
    Considerable. But somehow i managed to have HTC replace my phony by my carrier. Stocked to get a new phone. We refurb, but better than nothing.

    Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 4 Beta
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by abek0 View Post
    Considerable. But somehow i managed to have HTC replace my phony by my carrier. Stocked to get a new phone. We refurb, but better than nothing.

    Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    That great news.
    The craziest member on WPCentral!

    SONY Windows Phone 8.1 release sometime in June!
  9. abek0's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    90 Posts
       #9  
    Well, I got my labeled "like new" 8x yesterday. And boy, let me tell you. Its more new than my first 8x. Back doesn't creek, feels more solid, ear piece plastic isn't lop sided. I'm actually happy this happened. Lol
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGPADDY View Post
    That great news.
    Sent from my HTC6990LVW using Board Express
    Bee Mon likes this.

Similar Threads

  1. Trouble with copy files from PC
    By Accro in forum Nokia Lumia 520
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-26-2014, 05:18 AM
  2. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-28-2013, 03:20 PM
  3. Nokia here Maps Crashes When I Press "My Places"
    By Chris_Kez in forum Windows Phone Apps
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-24-2013, 10:54 AM
  4. My AT&T order got Shipped
    By vizagdude in forum Nokia Lumia 1020
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 07-23-2013, 10:56 PM
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-23-2013, 03:30 PM

Posting Permissions