Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I have a HTC 8X and I have not received any notification of application updates. I know that the application has an upgrade, because when I go to application in the store it offered me an update. After that, number 1 appears at the store live tile. Does anyone have a solution for this problem?

Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    Not yet...

Strange but sometimes it checks for updates automatically, however, it has happened to me only twice for 8 months.

Been having this problem myself for sometime. I found a thread here about removing the tile, rebooting the phone, repining and then rebooting and it fixes it. Well it did fix it for me the very first time I did that and it's been broken again ever since. I too would appreciate a fix here.

Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    I have the same problem, but I get updates notifications in tile about once a week, not everyday.

Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Br1t View Post
    Been having this problem myself for sometime. I found a thread here about removing the tile, rebooting the phone, repining and then rebooting and it fixes it. Well it did fix it for me the very first time I did that and it's been broken again ever since. I too would appreciate a fix here.
    I tried it but it didn't work here :/

Just a follow up as I actually got 15 notifications yesterday! I happened to be on a mobile trip for work and shut off wifi, it must have pinged over cellular. Maybe having wifi always on it a problem?

Still no updates for me. I tried everything I found on the forums. Does anyone have any other ideas?

Same issue applies to my device here in Greece, no app updates only manual search.

Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    same thing for me

I tried the: "unpin store tile, clear the IE cache, reboot the phone and pin store tile back" trick but it didn't work. Waited an entire day and no updates showed up on my store tile.

I then went to: Settings ------> find my phone and unticked the "Send apps to my phone ...." waited 5 seconds and ticked it again.

About 1 hour later, ALL THE UPDATES SHOWED UP ON MY STORE TILE !!!

Let's see if it sticks though but so far, I'm happy this worked !!!...
    Last edited by jojapath; 06-19-2013 at 12:32 PM.

Hi jojapth,
    The change was made over the windows website or inside the mobile device?

I do not have that option on my phone (Settings ------> find my phone and unticked the "Send apps to my phone ....")

Still no updates for me. I tried everything I found on the forums. Does anyone have any other ideas?

Same here. I also tried every single tip and trick. Nothing works.
    Someone here mentioned it may be because of constant WiFi on, but I used to always get new Store updates even with my WiFi on.
    So we can single out that.

Edit: Didn't pay attention to which subforum this was. I have this problem on my Lumia 620.
    Last edited by Stravincy; 06-23-2013 at 05:52 AM.

I finally managed to get the updates. Here's what I did (I do not know exactly what helped, but this is all I did).
    - Factory reset phone
    - Turn ON Find my phone
    - Unpin store
    - Erase IE history
    - Install a new keyboard (any language you did not downloaded)
    - After it installs, it will automatically reset the phone. Takes about 10 minutes
    - Uninstall the keyboard
    - Do a soft reset (volume down + power)
    - Re-pin store.

Updates not received immediately. It's been 10 hours until I got the update. I do not know if I will continue to get them, and if it is now fixed.

Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    I have the same problem. I wonder if it's a HTC bug or a WP bug?

Global Posts
    604 Global Posts
    I get this all the time. Do what slipknot said

The problem for my solved.
    Stop for one day to have WiFi open.
    Use full 3G/H+ data and GPS enabled.
    After one day you will have the store updates on WiFi active again but I do not know for how long...!

I have slightly different problem. Updates for various games and applications are regularly coming to my Lumia 920. But some games not updated, neither automatically nor manually. I noticed this for two games for now. When I go to game's page on Windows Store from my PC I see v.1.2 but on my phone I have v.1.0 installed. When I find this game via Windows Store it says the game is already installed. Who's fault is it? Windows Phone 8, or game provider? Or maybe it depends on the country (market)?

Leave your phone all night with only 3G data active and the next morning you will have the updates for your apps.

Quote Originally Posted by Valiko1996 View Post
    I have slightly different problem. Updates for various games and applications are regularly coming to my Lumia 920. But some games not updated, neither automatically nor manually. I noticed this for two games for now. When I go to game's page on Windows Store from my PC I see v.1.2 but on my phone I have v.1.0 installed. When I find this game via Windows Store it says the game is already installed. Who's fault is it? Windows Phone 8, or game provider? Or maybe it depends on the country (market)?
    No ones fault I guess, just that the game is somehow not authorize to update in your region.

Thanks for answers.

Quote Originally Posted by LEFTKOYL View Post
    Leave your phone all night with only 3G data active and the next morning you will have the updates for your apps.
    Don't have such. Wifi is enough so far. I will try it as soon as I subscribe for mobile internet.
    Strange that all other apps and games are updated.
    This happens only to a couple of XBox games. I've changed country/region in Microsoft account, XBox account and phone to be the same (they were different initially). Didn't help yet, but maybe I need to wait several days.

Quote Originally Posted by Huime View Post
    No ones fault I guess, just that the game is somehow not authorize to update in your region.
    Can it be that old version (1.0) is authorized but new one (1.2) not? Maybe it would not show up in Store at all if it was not authorized? Note that game is installed but wrong version.

Maybe it's related to the fact that I bought my phone in France but live in Ukraine.

Quote Originally Posted by slipknot28 View Post
    I finally managed to get the updates. Here's what I did (I do not know exactly what helped, but this is all I did).
    - Factory reset phone
    - Turn ON Find my phone
    - Unpin store
    - Erase IE history
    - Install a new keyboard (any language you did not downloaded)
    - After it installs, it will automatically reset the phone. Takes about 10 minutes
    - Uninstall the keyboard
    - Do a soft reset (volume down + power)
    - Re-pin store.

Updates not received immediately. It's been 10 hours until I got the update. I do not know if I will continue to get them, and if it is now fixed.
    No update notifications either... But... Seriously?? A factory reset just to be able to receive app updates notifications?? Its not reasonable! WTF Microsoft, it is BASIC feature.

It really sux. All those tips above I have tried and still no updates.

Anyone have any other tips on how to fix this, I don't want to do the updates manually?

Sent from my Lumia 920 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Cliff Jackby; 07-10-2013 at 04:33 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast