Ever since the last HTC update, I cannot open media messages. I get the message, "Get media content now (30KB)", click it, and it doesn't open. I can send MMS, but not open. Incredibly annoying...any ideas?

Might be carrier related. That happened to me a few months back on Verizon. But it went away. What carrier are you on?

Global Posts
    434 Global Posts
    Make sure your data is completely on. No edge or WiFi, but 3g and up. Otherwise it won't work.

Verizon is my carrier. Pretty sure data is completely on, have LTE right now and had 3G earlier.

Global Posts
    434 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Marconis4 View Post
    Verizon is my carrier. Pretty sure data is completely on, have LTE right now and had 3G earlier.
    Toggle airplane mode or turn the cellular off, then on again. Unfortunately the data may be lost already. Sometimes if you don't retrieve it soon, you will lose it. But after doing the airplane toggle and turning cellular off and on, wait a few minutes and send a photo to yourself to see if it works now.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by peacefulberry View Post
    Toggle airplane mode or turn the cellular off, then on again. Unfortunately the data may be lost already. Sometimes if you don't retrieve it soon, you will lose it. But after doing the airplane toggle and turning cellular off and on, wait a few minutes and send a photo to yourself to see if it works now.
    I tried just restarting the phone earlier, and that didn't work. Taking your airplane mode advice, I sent one to myself and had my girlfriend test-send me one as well...it worked! Thanks so much. Any idea why this happens?

Also, I was able to open pictures from yesterday.

Global Posts
    434 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Marconis4 View Post
    I tried just restarting the phone earlier, and that didn't work. Taking your airplane mode advice, I sent one to myself and had my girlfriend test-send me one as well...it worked! Thanks so much. Any idea why this happens?

Also, I was able to open pictures from yesterday.
    Oh good! I don't know why this happens, the only thing I could think of is that somehow when the signal goes offline, turning airplane mode on/off helps kick it back into gear, because you are turning off all connections and turning them back on. Its like flipping a breaker switch off then on to help restore electricity. :)
    Thanks for that, that was my problem

Its crazy, but it works
    From the CO and my 8X

Oh I had the same issue. Using cellular worked. Wifi not able to open data, but why, pray tell?
    I sometimes get this for some reason, and sometimes it works. I do have mms on. Been having this from my Dvp to my 920 on gdr3.

Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by peacefulberry View Post
    Make sure your data is completely on. No edge or WiFi, but 3g and up. Otherwise it won't work.
    It works fine. Thanks :D