Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 27
Like Tree2Likes
  1. strokee's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    157 Posts
       #1  
    I love Beats Audio on my 8x...but ever since the Portico update I have to unplug and replug in my headphones to get it to work. Not just initially, but for every...single...song.

    Any ideas when there will be a fix for this? Will it be a MS OS update or an HTC firmware update? It really is ridiculous.
  2. WhippedKream's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    315 Posts
    #2  
    Rlly?? I know when it gets really quiet on my HTC 8x sometimes (for no odd reason) I just restart it and it works fine again, no problems. Beats seem to be working just fine since im listening to songs with tons of bass and hear them loud and clear lol (along with crisper highs and mids). But yeah, no issue with that so far :/
  3. strokee's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    157 Posts
       #3  
    I have read many posts about Beats Audio experiences similar to mine after installing the Portico update. Just hoping it gets fixed...soon.
  4. Green Samot's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    46 Posts
    #4  
    Update I got yesterday seems to have fixed it
  5. busngabb's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    99 Posts
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    #5  
    It doesn't sound anywhere near as good as it used to before the updates. But it seems more stable. Not impressed with it on the whole though,its not a feature i will be looking out for again.
  6. Honestabebread's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    506 Posts
    Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    #6  
    Mine has always worked flawlessly. It makes everything hit so much harder, I'm not sure if I can handle a phone that doesn't have that amplifier.
    RSM for VZW
    Phone history: HTC Trophy, Droid Razr, Curve 9370, HTC Rezound, HTC 8X Blue, HTC 8X VZW Employee Edition, LG Intuition, Nokia Lumia 928 White, LG G2, Droid Ultra VZW Employee Edition, iPhone 5S
  7. rocking23nf's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    77 Posts
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    #7  
    the only issue I have had, is occasionaly I cannot adjust the sound unless I turn the screen on.
  8. jlangner's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    204 Posts
    Global Posts
    209 Global Posts
    #8  
    My only issue is I wish beats worked with blue tooth headphones otherwise no issues
    mbar9607 likes this.
  9. rocking23nf's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    77 Posts
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by jlangner View Post
    My only issue is I wish beats worked with blue tooth headphones otherwise no issues
    Can you elaborate a bit, I was planning on buying Bluetooth headphones.
  10. Flagz's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    579 Posts
    Global Posts
    580 Global Posts
    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by rocking23nf View Post
    Can you elaborate a bit, I was planning on buying Bluetooth headphones.
    You need a physical wired connection in order for beats to process the oudio through the amp. In short, beats can't work with Bluetooth.
  11. jlangner's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    204 Posts
    Global Posts
    209 Global Posts
    #11  
    Still sounds awesome with my bluetooth headphones, just makes me feel I am missing out on a feature...sound quality wise, great anyway
  12. #12  
    I don't experience it on a song by song basis but I do experience it every other listening session.
  13. Ozraeel's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    5 Posts
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    #13  
    My frustration is that I get distortion when using my headphones while beats audio Is turned on. My usual set up is using hippo VB with the HippoBox amp...plugging in my amp and turning beats audio off has a loud cyclic sound. All in all disappointing, has anyone else tried to use an external amp? Any one getting distortion in the headphones?
  14. Honestabebread's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    506 Posts
    Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozraeel View Post
    My frustration is that I get distortion when using my headphones while beats audio Is turned on. My usual set up is using hippo VB with the HippoBox amp...plugging in my amp and turning beats audio off has a loud cyclic sound. All in all disappointing, has anyone else tried to use an external amp? Any one getting distortion in the headphones?
    why use an external amp when the phone has one in it? Just curious.
    RSM for VZW
    Phone history: HTC Trophy, Droid Razr, Curve 9370, HTC Rezound, HTC 8X Blue, HTC 8X VZW Employee Edition, LG Intuition, Nokia Lumia 928 White, LG G2, Droid Ultra VZW Employee Edition, iPhone 5S
    eric12341 likes this.
  15. Ozraeel's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    5 Posts
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    #15  
    Coz I'm getting distortion in my right headphone when I use the internal amp. The headphones work great with my iPod and external amp though...
  16. Honestabebread's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    506 Posts
    Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozraeel View Post
    Coz I'm getting distortion in my right headphone when I use the internal amp. The headphones work great with my iPod and external amp though...
    Maybe you have a defective phone?
    RSM for VZW
    Phone history: HTC Trophy, Droid Razr, Curve 9370, HTC Rezound, HTC 8X Blue, HTC 8X VZW Employee Edition, LG Intuition, Nokia Lumia 928 White, LG G2, Droid Ultra VZW Employee Edition, iPhone 5S
  17. #17  
    I know not many people like this, but have you done a soft or hard reset? If so, then try a restore. If that doesn't work, it is probably defective.

    And which carrier is your 8X on?
  18. berty6294's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    2,680 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,681 Global Posts
    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozraeel View Post
    Coz I'm getting distortion in my right headphone when I use the internal amp. The headphones work great with my iPod and external amp though...
    I get that with cheap headsets or speakers but never on a good pair. Some speakers and headphones can't handle the amount of power the beats push through, especially in the lower ranges.
    Try out my first Windows 8 app, ModernCalc! It's free and I would love to hear your feedback!

    Phones: Nokia Lumia 928, HTC Windows Phone 8x, HTC Trophy
    PMP: Zune HD 32, Zune 80, Zune 4, Zune 30, Ipod Nano 2nd gen (x4), Ipod touch 16gb 2nd gen
    Tablet: Surface for Windows RT
  19. link68759's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    409 Posts
    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by Flagz View Post
    You need a physical wired connection in order for beats to process the oudio through the amp. In short, beats can't work with Bluetooth.
    I love to rain on everyone's parade when it comes to gimmicky products, so I will!

    Beats is merely a proprietary software equalizer. There is no amp or special hardware. "beats enabled" devices are a marketing ploy; there is nothing special about them. There's no real reason it can't be used with a bt headset either.

    Furthermore while the equalizer certainly makes things sound *different*, whether or not the audio is improved is subjective. Audiophiles however tend to hate the equalizer and the brand name headphones since both distorts the signal drastically towards the bass (and doesn't represent the other end of the spectrum with much accuracy) which is not a true representation of the sound, so the claim that "you hear what the artists intended you to hear" is entirely false, but the average consumer loves them some bass and thinks this is good. However, for the price of the way overpriced beats headphones you can actually buy some really nice high quality headphones, rendering the decision to invest in beats rather silly. That's not to say beats is bad- the quality is better than your average headset for sure, but the performance isn't *that* much better to justify the price tag.

    My work here is done. Rain-on-parade fairy awayyyyy!~~~~
    Sent from my RM-824_nam_att_101 using Board Express
  20. berty6294's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    2,680 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,681 Global Posts
    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by link68759 View Post
    I love to rain on everyone's parade when it comes to gimmicky products, so I will!

    Beats is merely a proprietary software equalizer. There is no amp or special hardware. "beats enabled" devices are a marketing ploy; there is nothing special about them. There's no real reason it can't be used with a bt headset either.

    Furthermore while the equalizer certainly makes things sound *different*, whether or not the audio is improved is subjective. Audiophiles however tend to hate the equalizer and the brand name headphones since both distorts the signal drastically towards the bass (and doesn't represent the other end of the spectrum with much accuracy) which is not a true representation of the sound, so the claim that "you hear what the artists intended you to hear" is entirely false, but the average consumer loves them some bass and thinks this is good. However, for the price of the way overpriced beats headphones you can actually buy some really nice high quality headphones, rendering the decision to invest in beats rather silly. That's not to say beats is bad- the quality is better than your average headset for sure, but the performance isn't *that* much better to justify the price tag.

    My work here is done. Rain-on-parade fairy awayyyyy!~~~~
    Sent from my RM-824_nam_att_101 using Board Express
    Well that's perfectly fine! Because I love to rain on the parades of people who love to rain on everyone's parade when it comes to gimmicky products, so I will!

    The 8x DOES have an internal amp. And yes Beats is just an equalizer, an equalizer that does a great job! It tunes the music very well to match the Beats line of headphones! (yes as well as other quality headphones).

    Audiophiles don't like equalizers, I agree with that. But 99% of the market are not audiophiles. (also 99% of those who claim they're audiophiles are not)

    Beats sound great! Very great! Are there cheaper headphones that sound better? Yeah for sure! Are there cheaper headphones that sound better, have a better build quality, stylish design, fold up nicely with a detachable cable? No sir! The money you pay for Beats are buying you all of those things

    My work here is done. Rain-on-parade fairy awayyyyy!~~~~
    Try out my first Windows 8 app, ModernCalc! It's free and I would love to hear your feedback!

    Phones: Nokia Lumia 928, HTC Windows Phone 8x, HTC Trophy
    PMP: Zune HD 32, Zune 80, Zune 4, Zune 30, Ipod Nano 2nd gen (x4), Ipod touch 16gb 2nd gen
    Tablet: Surface for Windows RT
  21. Darkgift's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    284 Posts
    Global Posts
    351 Global Posts
    #21  
    I see both ur points. 8x does have an amplifier, and when plugged into a speaker sounds awesome. Thru headphones, not so much. Even good ones. Its a little bass-y. Also, it can't work with Bluetooth because it needs to sense the connection of the jack to activate. Could this possibly be changed with a software update? I don't know. But if it can be, it should.
    Sprint (9 1/2 years) - Samsung SPH-A460, Sanyo PM-8200(S), Samsung A900 "Blade" & Samsung SPH-M620 "Upstage" simultaneously (2 lines), Samsung Instinct & Samsung Upstage simultaneously (2 lines), Palm Pre & Palm Pixi simultaneously (2 lines), HTC Evo, HTC Arrive::::Verizon (since March 2012) - iPhone 4s, HP Pre3.....Looking forward to going back Finally back to Windows Phone with the HTC 8x (iPhone 4s as work line, HP Pre3 to play with)...now on a Nokia Lumia Icon. Love my Gen 1 Surface RT!!
  22. berty6294's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    2,680 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,681 Global Posts
    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkgift View Post
    I see both ur points. 8x does have an amplifier, and when plugged into a speaker sounds awesome. Thru headphones, not so much. Even good ones. Its a little bass-y. Also, it can't work with Bluetooth because it needs to sense the connection of the jack to activate. Could this possibly be changed with a software update? I don't know. But if it can be, it should.
    I havnt had a problem through headsets, I hope an update does fix that for you cause its quite nice! I'm not too knowledgeable of Bluetooth but as far as I know, Bluetooth is the equivalent of sending data over the air. So literally sending per say "audio files" and your car or speakers do all of the processing and playback. When you play straight through a cable, the phone is now doing the processing and playback and that's where the Beats works its magic. I could be 100% wrong with that, but that sounds like a fairly good hypothesis! lol
    Try out my first Windows 8 app, ModernCalc! It's free and I would love to hear your feedback!

    Phones: Nokia Lumia 928, HTC Windows Phone 8x, HTC Trophy
    PMP: Zune HD 32, Zune 80, Zune 4, Zune 30, Ipod Nano 2nd gen (x4), Ipod touch 16gb 2nd gen
    Tablet: Surface for Windows RT
  23. Darkgift's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    284 Posts
    Global Posts
    351 Global Posts
    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by berty6294 View Post
    I havnt had a problem through headsets, I hope an update does fix that for you cause its quite nice! I'm not too knowledgeable of Bluetooth but as far as I know, Bluetooth is the equivalent of sending data over the air. So literally sending per say "audio files" and your car or speakers do all of the processing and playback. When you play straight through a cable, the phone is now doing the processing and playback and that's where the Beats works its magic. I could be 100% wrong with that, but that sounds like a fairly good hypothesis! lol
    Yeah, that's what I was trying to get at...it needs the physical connection. One of the posters above made a comment saying that there was no reason it shudnt work with Bluetooth. Again in not 100% either, of all the details. Just saying if it can be done it shud be. As for the sound quality thru headphones, my phone is fine and works fine, so I don't a fix. I just think its a preference. For me too much bass comes thru the headphones. I probably don't notice it as much with external speakers, as I do like a nice amount if bass. My personal opinion, beats on the 8x is good, but not my cup of tea with to regards bass thru headphones.
  24. berty6294's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    2,680 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,681 Global Posts
    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkgift View Post
    Yeah, that's what I was trying to get at...it needs the physical connection. One of the posters above made a comment saying that there was no reason it shudnt work with Bluetooth. Again in not 100% either, of all the details. Just saying if it can be done it shud be. As for the sound quality thru headphones, my phone is fine and works fine, so I don't a fix. I just think its a preference. For me too much bass comes thru the headphones. I probably don't notice it as much with external speakers, as I do like a nice amount if bass. My personal opinion, beats on the 8x is good, but not my cup of tea with to regards bass thru headphones.
    Yeh I feel yah. I have to turn them off with certain headphones and speakers. But for my car and my Beats headphones, I prefer on! As for an update to enable it over Bluetooth, I think that's a physical impossibility. :/
    Try out my first Windows 8 app, ModernCalc! It's free and I would love to hear your feedback!

    Phones: Nokia Lumia 928, HTC Windows Phone 8x, HTC Trophy
    PMP: Zune HD 32, Zune 80, Zune 4, Zune 30, Ipod Nano 2nd gen (x4), Ipod touch 16gb 2nd gen
    Tablet: Surface for Windows RT
  25. Koato8's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    33 Posts
    #25  
    I keep beats off, I found that with it on, a lot of lighter sounds get drowned
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-16-2011, 01:08 PM
  2. marketplace not working... anybody else?
    By velvetelvis in forum Windows Phone 7
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-06-2011, 12:14 PM
  3. Anybody having issues with Zune Marketplace?
    By plmiller0905 in forum Zune
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 06-12-2011, 11:25 AM
  4. Anybody else think this way? Facebook App
    By FearThyWrath in forum Windows Phone 7
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 05-02-2011, 03:00 PM

Posting Permissions

B