Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    Title says it all. Just finished the update, and still getting the friggin audible alert with a missed call. I am hoping Verizon gets a new windows phone soon, this is killing me.

Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    I have never had that alert! Never any audible alert for a missed call...and I'm on Verizon. Weird!

That's disappointing. And I don't think a new Windows Phone is going to help. Happens on all Verizon WP8 devices.

Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    What audible alert? All I get after a missed call is a number on the phone tile. Lumia 822 btw.

It only happens on Verizon HTC 8x as far as I know. Only way I have found to stop it from beeping is to check who it is and ignore the call. Or maybe now text a reply.

Global Posts
    561 Global Posts
    I would kill for an audible alert for missed call. 920 on ATT doesn't have missed anything alert.

Quote Originally Posted by conanheath View Post
    I would kill for an audible alert for missed call. 920 on ATT doesn't have missed anything alert.
    But the thing is even if you silence or put the phone on vibrate the missed call tone still occurs. Which is the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by xboxonthego3 View Post
    It only happens on Verizon HTC 8x as far as I know. Only way I have found to stop it from beeping is to check who it is and ignore the call. Or maybe now text a reply.
    Has happened on my wife's 822 since launch.

Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Is this a problem with all HTC 8x phones on Verizon, or do some not do it? I was going to buy one tomorrow but now I'm not sure. There are times when I need to use my phone in silence and can't turn it off.

I have had the tone issue as well. It happens when ever you do not pick up the phone when someone is calling, you will get a "beep, beep" sort of tone somewhat similar to a tone when a call drops. If you are wondering, yes, it does happen even if the phone is on vibrate. Forgot to mention that I have the Lumia 822

Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    I have a Verizon 8 X. I've had it since January 4th. I don't get a beep for a missed call, I just have a number notification on the tile. So it DOES NOT happen on all Verizon 8Xs. Could it be the earlier versions? Or could it be that I have an employee edition? I would be interested to know if anyone else with an employee edition 8X does or doesn't have the "beep!"

Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wescoerg View Post
    Has happened on my wife's 822 since launch.
    Really? I never heard anything with mine. How soon after you miss the call does it do it? Does it beep only once or is it intermittent?

Global Posts
    1,486 Global Posts
    Really? I have never heard any beebs and I am on the Verizon HTC8x
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Blkacesvf41 View Post
    Really? I never heard anything with mine. How soon after you miss the call does it do it? Does it beep only once or is it intermittent?
    It beeps twice one after the other as soon as the caller hangs up if you don't answer. It sounds more like a dial tone when u pick up a land line but with two consecutive beeps
    Thanked by:
    jasqid 
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DjRx12 View Post
    It beeps twice one after the other as soon as the caller hangs up if you don't answer. It sounds more like a dial tone when u pick up a land line but with two consecutive beeps
    I know exactly what you are talking about but I don't see how this is the issue. I never had one ever since I got my. 8x

Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    I have the 822 and I get the alert too. This causes problems for me because I have my phone on vibrate and I am not supposed to have it on my person at work.

I posted in another thread that turning off "all other notifications" under sounds fixes it, but I just installed Portico, did a full factory reset, unchecked that box and I still get the beep. It seems my information was incorrect. There may actually be no way to turn off the beep at all. Verizon 8X.

Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    It's strange that some people say they don't have this problem. I wonder if it has been fixed with the more recently built phones. My Verizon contract expired last week, and I was set on getting the HTC 8X before reading about this problem. Now I don't know what to do. I could get one on AT&T, but then I wouldn't be able to get one in black, and it wouldn't have wireless charging.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    I am also still getting this problem, the only way I've found to mitigate the problem is to actually pull out your phone and hit ignore to send the call to VM and then you won't get the beep. Obviously this isn't a good solution since you aren't always going to be able to access your phone when it's ringing.

Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    I bought the 8X on Verizon today. I tested before and after update, and got the beeps in both cases. As described, it is three short beeps immediately after a missed call. It happens at all volume levels, including silent, and does it regardless of if vibrate setting is on or off.

Global Posts
    400 Global Posts
    FYI, anyone still following this thread. Software update target date is sometime in June to fix this particular issue. Could be sooner or later but they gave me February as the first update timeframe for another issue altogether and it was accurate. We will see. I work for VZ so don't expect every rep you talk to to know this. In fact don't even ask please. LOL. I'll share what I find out as I'm pretty invested in this matter.

Global Posts
    480 Global Posts
    I've had my 8x since launch on VZW. I've never heard this. But I also don't use the Verizon VM. I've setup a you mail account and use the magikmail (paid) app to manage my VM. So I don't know if this is something that avoids it or not. I just get a count on the phone tile. And if I get a VM a count on the magikmail tile.

Global Posts
    585 Global Posts
    I have this problem, but i like it, so to me its a feature

Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    I had to return my 8X because of this issue. It is frustrating having to turn my phone off all of the time to avoid it beeping. Another asinine thing is that you can't specify vibrate off when silent while having it on at other volume levels. Vibrate is either always on or always off. So even if the beep issue didn't exist, this phone would still be annoying for me because I need my phone to be completely silent at times, but at other times I want it to vibrate without having to go in and change sound settings.

Global Posts
    400 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LucLee View Post
    I had to return my 8X because of this issue. It is frustrating having to turn my phone off all of the time to avoid it beeping. Another asinine thing is that you can't specify vibrate off when silent while having it on at other volume levels. Vibrate is either always on or always off. So even if the beep issue didn't exist, this phone would still be annoying for me because I need my phone to be completely silent at times, but at other times I want it to vibrate without having to go in and change sound settings.
    I agree with you about the vibrate/silent thing. I can't stand that the volume is global. I'd like at the very least for media and calls to have separate volume settings, but the vibrate on one setting while.just silent on another would be amazing(for instance: vibration on email and tone on SMS)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast