Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

We've got the Philips Shoqbox and a couple of generic/unbranded wireless speakers knocking about the house. None of them seem to work with the 8X. The instructions for the speakers say to just turn it on and go to bluetooth settings on your phone and search for it. But the 8X doesn't even see them. Are there any that do work?

Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    Is it possible that the speakers have to be manually put into a pairing mode instead of just being able to turn them on and go? I know a lot of bluetooth headsets do this where they aren't constantly broadcasting their name, so you have to put them into pairing mode so that your phone can see it initially.

I'd assume that any bluetooh speaker system would work with the 8X since the Jawbone Jambox is supposed to work. I have also tested with a bluetooth receiver and it has worked just fine for me to stream from my 8X.
    Thanked by:

I have a pair of Bluetooth headphones which work flawlessly with my 8X. They had to be paired once by going into manual pairing mode - but now whenever i turn them on they automatically connect to my phone. I'm impressed with how well it works, actually.

I have tried. One of the generics has an search mode but even using that its not found by the 8X. The Showbox doesn't have a mode or option for it, you are meant to just turn on and pair.

They are funny devices I find, only our ipod will connect to them all. We have a nexus 7 and that doesn't find the shoqbox but works with the generic ones. My nexus s will only work with the shoqbox and not the generic ones.

I've been able to connect my 8X with my Monster Clarity HD and a pair of Bluetooth ear buds without issue. You have to go into pairing mode upon initial connection, but they show up from that point forward.

JBL power up, wireless charging works too!

Global Posts
    315 Global Posts
    This is what I use, works flawlessly:
    Geneva Sound Systems

I use a Logitech UE, works perfectly
    I ordered these for a friend and had to connect to the them so show her how to connect to them and work it. I have my 8X, she has the HD7, and a VAIO, and they all connect just fine.
    Amazon.com: Veho VSS-006-360BT Bluetooth Wireless Speaker: MP3 Players & Accessories
    [IMG][/IMG]

Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    i have a samsung soundbar and it works great with that
    I have used mine with many Bluetooth speakers. Always works.
    Phones: Nokia Lumia Icon, Nokia Lumia 928, HTC Windows Phone 8x, HTC Trophy
    PMP: Zune HD 32, Zune 80, Zune 4, Zune 30
    Tablet: Surface 2, Surface for Windows RT

Works perfectly with SOUNDFREAQ...