Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Hey guys,

As my title suggests, I just got my HTC 8X update OTA on Rogers Canada's network today. I don't know what is going on and what is really new, so I was hoping maybe someone out there would know? Here's a screen shot of my info.

wp_ss_20130214_0002.png

It would be much appreciated if anyone could give me feedback :P so far I notice no changes after not so long period of use, but I also notice its different from what Daniel was talking about awhile back in December about 20003 update (I believe it was .421 or something?) so yeah... That's about it though.

Following on from an update received for my 8x a justa few weeks ago I just received yet another one, and as previously no info as to what it contains ! This didn't say it was from HTC so could be anybodies l

HTC 8X on O2 in UK

Yeahhhhhhhhhh guys... Any answer would be TRULY appreciated :P anytime. I'm shocked 270 people viewed yet don't bother to answer?

Same here in Canada, nobody seems to be replying to my thread though soo.... I'm lost lol

Probably coz nobody knows why the update contains yet. I have received it as well. North east. England
    WhippedKream likes this.

Reassuring to know that nobody knows, yet sad lool. I wonder how we can find out.

Global Posts
    327 Global Posts
    I heard the latest update was for Skype, yet to receive that, now on Portico.

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    At least you are getting some form of update. Nothing from Verizon at all!
    KoukiFC3S likes this.

It screwed my phone up. When I reboot all i see is this ":-(".I should have waited too lol.
    Got the update here as well - not sure what has changed either!

This is another update after the Skype one though, which I got a few weeks ago.

Well I have found one change ..... when I pushed the volume up to full I got a warning saying it could damage my hearing if using headphones etc .......... It just appeared the once and I can't replicate it ! I am sure that the update was more than just that !!!!

FYI my firmware revision is now 1532.20.2004.206

Global Posts
    327 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wes Halton View Post
    Well I have found one change ..... when I pushed the volume up to full I got a warning saying it could damage my hearing if using headphones etc .......... It just appeared the once and I can't replicate it ! I am sure that the update was more than just that !!!!

FYI my firmware revision is now 1532.20.2004.206
    This happens everytime after a firmware update. The first time you change your phone volume, the pop up appears too.

Hmmm I need to check out Skype, but sadly nobody calls me these days :P hahaha but thanks for the input guys! Much appreciated :D
    Just received a windows phone update on my HTC 8x. I downloaded and installed it, but what's new?

My OS version is 8.0.10211.204, I read online that's portico, but all the features listed I already had before (ie, reply to calls with text) so I must've had portico before.

Soooo... A little confused here, what was the update for?

I'm in Canada with rogers

Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Think this is all that's updated. http://mobilesyrup.com/2013/01/21/ro...saging-issues/

Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    Messaging improvements. A great messaging experience is now even better. You can now add multiple recipients at the same time when you send a text message and automatically save unsent text messages as drafts. You can even edit received text messages before you forward them.

- Text replies to incoming calls. Cant take a call? Now you can send a prewritten text reply to a caller directly from the call answer screen. Its a nice way to let people know that youre not ignoring them.

- Internet Explorer improvements. You can now change your settings to prevent pictures from downloading automaticallyan easy way to help keep data usage low. You can also delete selected sites from your browsing history and leave the rest intact.

- Wi-Fi connectivity. Got a favorite Wi-Fi network? Windows Phone 8 will now prioritize Wi-Fi connections based on your connection history.
    Rogers HTC 8X users reporting OS update now available, fixes messaging issues | MobileSyrup.com

Looks like the Portico update perhaps?
    -Verizon HTC 8x Blue
    I alreast had all of that before

Quote Originally Posted by ny_yankees View Post
    Yeah i believe I had all of that before as well. Weirdd stuff.

Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Got one today on my 8X too. No idea what's changed. Carrier is Three in Ireland.

Quote Originally Posted by jiayit View Post
    This happens everytime after a firmware update. The first time you change your phone volume, the pop up appears too.
    Strange.. I have had 4 or 5 updates and never seen it before !

Quote Originally Posted by fernandogonzalez View Post
    Just received a windows phone update on my HTC 8x. I downloaded and installed it, but what's new?

My OS version is 8.0.10211.204, I read online that's portico, but all the features listed I already had before (ie, reply to calls with text) so I must've had portico before.

Soooo... A little confused here, what was the update for?

I'm in Canada with rogers

The one I had was a firmware update, which as now gone up to 1532.20.20004.206. Portico was a system update which as you say is 8.0.10211.204

I think what is causing some confusion with people who are posting is that updates can come at different times for different carriers, for example, I got Portico a few weeks ago now, but others are only just receiving it. So it's quite possible we are talking about several different updates at once!

For those of you who are interested, it looks like Bell Canada may finally be pushing out updates for the 8x. My phone was purchased unlocked on eBay from a Canadian retailer. I thought it was unbranded (no 'Bell' logo when booting up), but in the 'About Phone' section there is something about contacting bell.ca for support so I guess it's tide to Bell after all. Anyways, I'm with Koodo since they have the best rates. Only problem is I'm having problems receiving MMS sent from others that are not on Koodo network. Hopefully when Koodo gets a Windows Phone 8 the HTC network settings app will resolve any issues. I've got the APN settings entered but something is still not right. Anyways, just got update today Firmware: 20004 OS: 10211 .... anybody else on Bell also finally get this update?

Dont mean to state the obvious but has anyone been in contact with HTC about the update?

Im on O2 UK but with an unbranded 8X - my firmware is now at 1532.20.20005.401

Have asked HTC and HTC_UK on twitter for any news.
    Last edited by martinmc78; 02-18-2013 at 05:29 AM.
    Hi,

I've got about 1 week ago in Sweden on my unbranded 8x HTC update: 1532.20.20005.401. I don't know what you found new, but what I discovered is that my relatively stable phone became absolutely unstable all of a sudden. It freezes and quite often, seems like whole OS stuck and restart after couple of minutes. I tried to to hard reset it - doesn't help. It manage to stuck even during initial setups ! Do you guys have same problem ? Do you know if there is any way to rollback update like in WP7 times ?

Thanks !
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast