Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By KoukiFC3S

Global Posts
    2,605 Global Posts
    I bought both the 822 and the 8X at a great price, so I will soon be selling the one I like the least. Looks like the 8X is staying so far.

jasqid and ImAdrian23 like this.

Tbh I always said the 822 looks awful but in your pic it looks damn stunning. I love my Californian Blue 8X but I wouldn't mind having the 822. However 8x > 822.

Question for you, what OS version are the two of them running? Wondering if they are shipping with the updates

Global Posts
    2,605 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AR2186 View Post
    Question for you, what OS version are the two of them running? Wondering if they are shipping with the updates
    I got them used so they both have 9905. No Portico. :(

Verizon hasn't got the update yet.

Thanks, I know they havent gone OTA, but the Samsung ATIV Odyssey ships with Portico, so it is definitely approved on their network (my collegue got one to test on our corporate network earlier this week).

Kind of ridiculous they won't go OTA with it given the ATIV has it, luckily my 8x has not had any of the problems many other people have experienced
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,340 Global Posts
    Verizon let me get an 8X as a replacement after problems with two 822's and I'm very pleased with it. If it had an SD slot it would be perfect.

Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    I just got a new 8X, broke my last one so I had to get it replaced, and it still has 9905 on it as well.

Global Posts
    1,318 Global Posts
    What'd ya pay for the 8x ? Just wondering...I got one for $175 (minty) that was still under warranty. I thought I got one of the best deals on the internet on this phone....

Global Posts
    2,605 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidinCT View Post
    What'd ya pay for the 8x ? Just wondering...I got one for $175 (minty) that was still under warranty. I thought I got one of the best deals on the internet on this phone....
    Almost double. No regrets!

Quote Originally Posted by etlahrs View Post
    I just got a new 8X, broke my last one so I had to get it replaced, and it still has 9905 on it as well.
    Thanks, appreciate the info

Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scottcraft View Post
    Verizon let me get an 8X as a replacement after problems with two 822's and I'm very pleased with it. If it had an SD slot it would be perfect.
    Same here, they replaced my 822 twice and then finally gave me the HTC 8x. I like this phone better, miss the size (like bigger phones) but this is a better device.

Same here dude. Bought a black 8x along with a white Lumia 822 for the gf. I'm an android person, I hope I don't regret this. The news out of Skype was pretty discouraging. A big WTF moment. Well I'm gonna give this Windows Phone thing a shot since I was getting tired of Android anyway and see how it goes. If MS doesn't get it's **** together by the time the Galaxy S IV comes out it's adios Windows Phone.

Another question. Is the VZ version a Global Phone, aka taking a SIM card? I was wondering this in case I buy one for use with T-Mobile/MetroPCS in the future.

Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JJinNYC View Post
    Same here dude. Bought a black 8x along with a white Lumia 822 for the gf. I'm an android person, I hope I don't regret this. The news out of Skype was pretty discouraging. A big WTF moment. Well I'm gonna give this Windows Phone thing a shot since I was getting tired of Android anyway and see how it goes. If MS doesn't get it's **** together by the time the Galaxy S IV comes out it's adios Windows Phone.
    You'll be back :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsMrMark View Post
    You'll be back :-)
    totally agree. new OS needs time to mature just as Android and IOS once did. I love my wp8.