Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Florin Anghel View Post
    I can say that I found a small bug, sometimes when I take pictures like from the up above to the floor it rotates the picture oddly. Is not how it supposed to be and because of this you have to manually rotate the picture afterwards. If I take a normal picture with my hand raised while holding the phone then all is good. Is anyone else experiencing this?
    Its not a bug, the phone was slightly titled the other way. I experienced this alot too l, thinking its leveled when its not.

battery drain is really bad after this update. I love 8x but I cant believe that HTC is constantly scr*wing up things rather than fixing it

Here's another theory: Unlocked HTC 8X getting new 20005 firmware update | WMPoweruser

It's exactly my version, but with a funny language ;-) They say the update could reduce the "Other" space.

Personally I haven't noticed any battery train.

Global Posts
    467 Global Posts
    I got the notification for an "Update" (It didn't Specify what kind of an update) , I didn't update it yet ... I don't like updating without reading about it first .

Unbranded 8X In Saudi Arabia .

https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=9f9d5...6&action=Share

I think I found a workaround that decreased the battery drain and brought it back to pre htc update. I turned on nfc, wifi and gps (i usually leave nfc and gps off) then drained the battery to 1%. At that time im losing round 7.9% of battery per hour. After that i turned nfc, wifi and gps off again then charge my phone to 100%. It's been 8 hours since my last charge and battery is at 94%, with battery drain of 0.7% per hour.

Im using battery sense to monitor my phone's battery drain by the way. Not sure what exactly fixed the battery issue, but im sure that one of the steps did the trick.
    Quote Originally Posted by jomargon View Post
    I think I found a workaround that decreased the battery drain and brought it back to pre htc update. I turned on nfc, wifi and gps (i usually leave nfc and gps off) then drained the battery to 1%. At that time im losing round 7.9% of battery per hour. After that i turned nfc, wifi and gps off again then charge my phone to 100%. It's been 8 hours since my last charge and battery is at 94%, with battery drain of 0.7% per hour.

Im using battery sense to monitor my phone's battery drain by the way. Not sure what exactly fixed the battery issue, but im sure that one of the steps did the trick.
    Are you using the phone in that time? That drainage of .7% seems impossible with those settings on.

The settings mentioned above were turned off. I turned them on just temporarily (less than an hour) to drain the battery faster then turned them back off right before charging. Also noticed that battery drains faster now when cellular data is turned on after the update.

my battery life seems to be back to normal, as jomargon mentioned try by turning on and turning off most of the settings.

Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    I get 0.5 idle drainage /hour with only location on. I would say it's pretty good.

yep, mine battery life is back to normal... i`ve used battery discharger to drain the battery and then fully charged it and restarted the phone just to be safe... it` ok now
    new backgrounds folder in PHOTO , volume notification if raised above 20 ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaikh Aaftab Ahmed View Post
    You know what, pre-portico I had that notification. I forgot about it since obviously it was removed when I installed portico. You are right, use to have the phone remind me of "hearing damage" if I played above the 20 mark.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaikh Aaftab Ahmed View Post
    Where do you live, carrier?

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    just got my update on t-mobile.

Last edited by Mark Valentine; 02-09-2013 at 04:51 PM.
    People..I don't know if it's good to post your IMEI and MAC address online. Just saying.
    dol4er and Hagenlund like this.
    I didn't have it until after the update from a couple of days ago. I'm on T-Mobile.

Quote Originally Posted by Microsoftjunkie View Post
    You know what, pre-portico I had that notification. I forgot about it since obviously it was removed when I installed portico. You are right, use to have the phone remind me of "hearing damage" if I played above the 20 mark.
    [IMG][/IMG]

yesterday i had battery drain issue, again. so i did hard reset and everything was fine till today. Battery drain again, i'am thinking it's skype. It was OK until i installed skype and sign in. I'am on mobile now but i will post firmware when i get home... F*** it
    firmware: 1532.20.20005.401
    vip, croatia

I didnt notice this before, but I can now search apps like in peoples hub
    wp_ss_20130211_0001.jpg
    That is not an update feature, the letters appear just because you've installed an app and at some point (people say 45 apps) the grid letters appear.
    Thanked by:
    asosko 

Thanks Florin, and you are correct, it was my 45th app...

Got the update last night and I was hoping it would fix my invalid SIM error but alas, no. No idea what this has updated. I've seen reports that this is supposed to reduce the "Other" in storage space but I've not seen any improvement on the 3.37GB that mine currently consumes.

I contacted HTC customer service to ask what the update was and got a short and curt reply saying no idea it was nothing to do with them, Microsoft was responsible, obviously a load of rubbish.
    Anyway HTC then made the mistake of emailing me a questionnaire about the customer service I had received and I didnt hold any punches and said how appalling it had been Amazingly I had a phone call from them offering sincere apologies and informing me what the update was !!

Unfortunately I was not able to take notes when they called so this is from (a not very good and ageing) memory! The update was to deal with five problems. Two of them were country/region specific minor tweaks ( Greece and SE Europe being one I remember) , the third was improvement to the loading of the carriers logo images which had been causing problems in some areas. Fourth was to correct a rare reboot problem and finally the fifth was a tweak to memory handling.
    So sadly there was nothing amazing really !
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12