Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

So last night I plugged my htc 8x into the charger and went to bed. I woke up to hear my phone restart 6 times in a row, never even reaching the start screen. I had to pull it out of the charger to stop it from recharging. I plugged it back in and all things seemed normal. I went back to bed and when I woke up again, my phone's lock screen button was broken. I can't access my phone, unless the lock screen is activated by some other source (text, alarm, event notification, etc.). Anyone else stumble upon this problem? (It's also only a month old)

Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    Broken as in Not working\responding ? or as in Physically Broken (i.e. button came out of the phone)

Im not sure if this helps , but I had the same issue in my Motorola Atrix a few months ago , Power button (in this case FingerPrint Sensor) not responding & I couldn't unlock my Atrix at all ! So I did a Hard Reset (not sure if thats it name) using the Buttons combination & the phone worked again ... lost everything on the phone though .

It isn't responding. Physically, my phone is in perfect condition. I tried a master reset and every combination of buttons possible. Nothing has worked.

My solution, to those of you who ever encounter this problem: I called tech support and they're sending me a new phone so I could switch it in with my old one. I should be getting it in one or two days.