Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By tbsteph1
  • 1 Post By Ultimateone
  • 1 Post By NELSON8x

Tired of waiting for Portico to be released by Verizon? Join the Enthusiasts Program announced by Microsoft last June.

Uh Oh, sorry, the Enthusiasts Program is not up and running yet. The timeline for its availability is covered by the Windows Phone Team's "Cone of Silence".

Sorry if my sarcasm is offensive to anyone but, I find it unbelievable Microsoft would announce such a program then make no mention of it again for about 8 months. Is anyone at Microsoft accountable? Apparently not.

Just my thoughts - your mileage may vary.
    Thanked by:
    wpn00b likes this.

Yeah, getting pissed waiting for Portico from Bell too. Last time I called, they told me the update would be released in January, which was obviously a straight up lie.

thanks for the thread title, got excited for nothing :(
    Thanked by:
    msdugn likes this.

tbsteph1 - please don't create such baited titles. Bad form. Make your point another way.

Global Posts
    1,504 Global Posts
    I have been wondering what happend with this program too, just like MS to say something like this and never deliver it. As I agree the subject line was disapointing it deserved to be said, I wish MS/Verizon read this thread tho...
    PPC6800 ->HTC Touch Pro 2 ->HTC Trophy ->VZW HTC 8X ->Nokia Lumia 928 -> Nokia Lumia ICON (929)

Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    Man I saw your thread title and I was about to jump and grab my phone in joy for the update until I read your post lol

There is no such thing as timely updates from Verizon. If I didn't have unlimited data I would be on AT&T by now
    DavidinCT likes this.

Global Posts
    384 Global Posts
    Updates might not be timely, but usually bug free. Can't say the same for at&t or sprint.
    Sent from my HTC6990LVW using Board Express

Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Tweeted belfiore a few days ago about this. No response

Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    :( I was so excited. Change your title to something less hopeful...

Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by moegumby View Post
    Updates might not be timely, but usually bug free. Can't say the same for at&t or sprint.
    Sent from my HTC6990LVW using Board Express
    If Verizon was so stellar at testing their phones, we wouldn't have randomly re-booting 8Xs on Verizon--among the smattering of other problems. I've had plenty of Verizon handsets that have had some pretty serious software defects.

Global Posts
    2,504 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tbsteph1 View Post
    Tired of waiting for Portico to be released by Verizon? Join the Enthusiasts Program announced by Microsoft last June.

Uh Oh, sorry, the Enthusiasts Program is not up and running yet. The timeline for its availability is covered by the Windows Phone Team's "Cone of Silence".

Sorry if my sarcasm is offensive to anyone but, I find it unbelievable Microsoft would announce such a program then make no mention of it again for about 8 months. Is anyone at Microsoft accountable? Apparently not.

Just my thoughts - your mileage may vary.

thanks for posting this. There should be a new thread about this every week and never let Microsoft forget about one of its MANY broken promises.