01-26-2013, 11:22 AM #1
- 12 Posts
I know there are quite a few posts about this so sorry for starting another on but itís got ten times worse for me. Iím running a HTC 8x Black on O2.
Before when I got the sim error I just had to restart the phone and it would work fine. However in the last week restarting the phone does not make a difference.
You have to restart it about 5 times and then a message will appear saying the phone has changed to GSM network and work normal. It doesnít matter what you do in these 5 reboots clean the slot etc. it just will not work.
Iíve had the phone about 2 months and it is happening maybe twice a week. Iím a bit lost as to what I should do??
- 01-27-2013, 12:59 PM #3
Go have the SIM replaced. Some older 4g sims don't play nice with newer phones. I had mine replaced on Verizon and no more problems. Ask for a new SIM, not one that's been in stock for a year.
Sent from my HTC6990LVW using Board Express
01-27-2013, 03:41 PM #4
- 132 Posts
When I got my 8X it had a camera issue so I sent it for warranty after a month of owning... When it came back, the camera was fixed but I couldn't get service anymore and had the same message every time I put a SIM card in. I figured it had something to do with the antenna cables not being reconnected or something. I sent it back again and it's supposed to be here and fixed on Tuesday... I'll update you on the situation and tell you what they fixed.LG Quantum >> Samsung Focus S i937 >> HTC 8X (Blue) >> Nokia Lumia 920 (White)
- By fierywater in forum HTC 8XReplies: 147Last Post: 05-14-2013, 05:51 PM
- By Matthew Levan in forum HTC 8XReplies: 15Last Post: 02-04-2013, 06:46 AM
- By rpb1969 in forum HTC 8XReplies: 7Last Post: 12-19-2012, 11:48 AM
- By AppleFan73 in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 1Last Post: 05-18-2012, 09:31 AM
- By katamari201 in forum Samsung Focus Flash 4GReplies: 1Last Post: 05-06-2012, 12:49 AM