- 01-21-2013, 07:49 AM #1
Hi all and greetings from England,
Will there ever come a day when I can turn my phone off when I go to bed and the alarm will sound. When I had the Blackberry 9380 there was an alarm app that would carry out such a function when the phone was in off mode but I cannont find one for the HTC 8x.
Also I would like to purchase a QI charging pad for my 8x. Are the any available yet?
- 01-21-2013, 07:53 AM #2
I don't believe the Windows Phone 8 OS allows anything to operate like that, if the phone is off everything is shut down, won't do anything. If you bought your 8X in the UK I don't believe there is any wireless charging circuitry built in, it is only the 8X sold in the US on Verizon network.
01-22-2013, 10:02 AM #5
- 52 Posts
- 01-26-2013, 06:46 AM #7
It appears that on the USA carrier Verizon 8X has Qi charging so again the European market is cheated. Without doubt the 8x is the best smartphone I have ever owned but when facilities such as Qi are not available to all the, sadly time to change to another phone company here in the UK :-(
- 01-26-2013, 07:32 AM #8
This is a good case in point. Manufacturing identical phones with one or two capabilities left out for various parts of the world is ridiculous. Why would a USA user want wireless charging and a UK user not. Seems to be a way of confusing the user market and keeping the per unit price high in different parts of the world. I would think that manufacturing a particular phone; i.e. HTC 8X the same for all markets would keep quality up, prices steady and users happy. Just my 2 cents.
- By ctt1wbw in forum Windows Phone AppsReplies: 26Last Post: 02-20-2013, 10:57 AM
- By Alexis_C in forum Developer SpotlightReplies: 4Last Post: 12-03-2012, 03:03 PM
- By Alexis_C in forum Developer SpotlightReplies: 0Last Post: 06-11-2012, 08:44 AM
- By Anubis9 in forum HTC HD 7 / 7sReplies: 0Last Post: 11-04-2011, 09:30 AM
- By onlywaytomo in forum Windows Phone AppsReplies: 2Last Post: 06-01-2011, 12:53 AM