Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Did anybody else just get an update to their 8x? Mine is in the process of installing right now (gears are spinning). Anybody know what this is?

Global Posts
    1,300 Global Posts
    What carrier are you on ?

Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    International (GSM). I'm stationed abroad in Italy, on TIM.

Global Posts
    1,300 Global Posts
    Ah, Not sure on the exact update but, it seems every carrier has the 8X now and updates vary per carrier....

Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    It was an "HTC update" or something to the effect. OS version is still the same, not sure if anything really changed.

Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Compared to this: HTC 8X is now getting OTA firmware update following last OS patch | Windows Phone Central

My only difference is my firmware is 20003.901 and my bootloader last 6 digits in the parenthesis are 161722.

Weird.

Just got the update, not sure what exactly has been updated though? I'm on EE UK
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    I'm getting an update right now too! AT&T.

Not sure if it's Portico, or just this HTC update... I'll post back, when it's done downloading and installed

--Edit--

Looking like it's portico... the "update is ready to install" lists a couple of updates with 8.0.10211.204 being the highest.
    Last edited by rekkid; 01-16-2013 at 02:00 PM.

Still no update, with Bell in Canada. Still waiting for Portico!

Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    I'm still new to WP8... I thought 10211 was Portico? Am I incorrect?

Quote Originally Posted by jValdron View Post
    Talked to a tech from HTC 2 days ago about the update and he said normally they will have notification about new updates being release to carriers and he didn't see it for Bell.
    enaor likes this.

Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    I'm on AT&T. I have the update downloaded and preparing to install. I'm assuming it's Portico.
    Will this wipe out all my apps and my settings?

Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    Update completed. Tells me to go to Windows Phone 8 update history on windowsphone.com to see what was included with this update. Now running OS version 8.0.10211.204, firmware revision number 1532.20.20006.502. Everything is intact.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    i checked mine and there was an update available. I already have the portico update so don't know what this one is for

Global Posts
    346 Global Posts
    The one on ATT is definitely Portico. Updated mine last night. Finally, the persistent wifi!!

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
    I carry a fleet!
    AT&T
    Samsung Galaxy S2
    Lumia 900
    HTC 8X
    iPhone 4S

Now featuring more Sprint!
    HTC EVO 4G LTE

How's that for a geek pathology!

Quote Originally Posted by jlink38 View Post
    I'm still new to WP8... I thought 10211 was Portico? Am I incorrect?
    You are correct, it is Portico. But there's some users out there still waiting for the Portico update.

I am from India and got the Portico update last month itself. I just checked now and the phone downloaded an update. Not sure what it is though.. Although it said it's a Microsoft update. I really wish MS would start showing the change log in the update window.

On the other hand it's nice to see the 8X getting an OS update before even the Lumias :)

Quote Originally Posted by jValdron View Post
    Bell Canada is terrible. I'm never going with them again because of the non-existant support they provide for their phones. Try calling them about the update for the HTC 8x .... you'll be shocked and disappointed with the feedback. They don't have a clue.... I'm pretty confident we'll never get the update.
    It's not an MS update since on their site nothing is updated.
    Windows Phone 8 update history | Windows Phone How-to (United States)
    And the phones have the same wp 8 version. The fw version is changed maybe because of region dependent. Some phones may require basebands tweaks, who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by David Canema View Post
    Bell Canada is terrible. I'm never going with them again because of the non-existant support they provide for their phones. Try calling them about the update for the HTC 8x .... you'll be shocked and disappointed with the feedback. They don't have a clue.... I'm pretty confident we'll never get the update.
    Well with my HTC HD7 I've received all WP7 updates...They were not the first to send it but I did receive all of them.... It's scares me because when I've talked to HTC they didn't have any information!

If it's that kind of support for brand new phones, then HTC...bye bye....Bell...bye...bye! Hello Nokia and Rogers! So far here in Canada, Rogers has sent the update to their Nokia Lumia and also to their HTC 8X like in mid december.

Global Posts
    282 Global Posts
    It is portico. I just installed it. The WiFi options and SMS draft are now available.
    Sent from my PM23300 using Board Express
    Last edited by rdef; 01-17-2013 at 02:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TruPlaya187 View Post
    Well with my HTC HD7 I've received all WP7 updates...They were not the first to send it but I did receive all of them.... It's scares me because when I've talked to HTC they didn't have any information!

If it's that kind of support for brand new phones, then HTC...bye bye....Bell...bye...bye! Hello Nokia and Rogers! So far here in Canada, Rogers has sent the update to their Nokia Lumia and also to their HTC 8X like in mid december.
    According to MobileSyrup.com, Rogers Nokia 920 owners are now getting a 2nd update just for language improvements! We can't even get the first one to fix bugs! Rogers has also announced multiple colours for the 920 coming out next few weeks. Bell talks the talk, but leaves their customers in the cold. I don't care what excuses they have. If Rogers can produce updates a month ago, why not Bell when they claim to be superior and want my business? Bell Canada = FAIL.

Quote Originally Posted by StantheManLee View Post
    According to MobileSyrup.com, Rogers Nokia 920 owners are now getting a 2nd update just for language improvements! We can't even get the first one to fix bugs! Rogers has also announced multiple colours for the 920 coming out next few weeks. Bell talks the talk, but leaves their customers in the cold. I don't care what excuses they have. If Rogers can produce updates a month ago, why not Bell when they claim to be superior and want my business? Bell Canada = FAIL.
    That is sooooo true!!!! Forgot about that second wave of updates!!!! Honestly I think that Bell only have Apple and Android in their heads!!!!! And now BB is coming soon so...

I think that next time, I will go with Rogers, they have all the phones, pushes out the updates...doesn't f*** around with this!

Turns out it was just an update for the languages.

wp_ss_20130117_0001.png

I got this update already weeks ago on my International HTC
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast