Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Global Posts
    327 Global Posts
    Hi, I'm wondering, what frequency does the Verizon's 8X operate on? I'm interested because the red version is not available in my country, and it's the only variant that packs wireless charging. Also, is the device unlocked? I would like to use it in Singapore, we run on the 2100Mhz frequency.

I know I'm going to great lengths to get one, but the red is really nice! Thanks :)

Global Posts
    967 Global Posts
    According to HTC site:

CDMA 2000 800/1900 MHz, LTE: 700 MHz (Band 13), GSM/GPRS/EDGE: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz, HSPA/UMTS: 850/900/1900/2100 MHz

The GSM/HSPA part is unlocked as far as I know.

Global Posts
    327 Global Posts
    But the device has to be unlocked by the Verizon in order to be able to insert an intl. sim card, right?

Global Posts
    1,221 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jiayit View Post
    But the device has to be unlocked by the Verizon in order to be able to insert an intl. sim card, right?
    its already unlocked

Global Posts
    327 Global Posts
    So I can just grab any 8X when buying off eBay, no need to get the ones that say (Unlocked) right?

Global Posts
    967 Global Posts
    only Verizon version is unlocked. And according others, you may not get Internet sharing to work as it will need to check with Verizon to see if you have tethering plan with them. Also, you are at the mercy of Verizon as to when you will get next update (probably never based on past history).

All 8x colors on Verizon Wireless have wireless charging.
    Phone: Nokia Lumia Icon, LG G2, Nokia Lumia 928, HTC Windows Phone 8x
    Media Player: Zune HD 32 x 2, Zune 120, Zune 80
    Tablet: Microsoft Surface 2 64Gb, Microsoft Surface RT 64Gb, Archos 101, Archos 70

Global Posts
    327 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by foxbat121 View Post
    only Verizon version is unlocked. And according others, you may not get Internet sharing to work as it will need to check with Verizon to see if you have tethering plan with them. Also, you are at the mercy of Verizon as to when you will get next update (probably never based on past history).
    hmm, that makes me reconsider.. Although my local carrier is slow to push out updates, we still get it.

Global Posts
    327 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpio5x0 View Post
    All 8x colors on Verizon Wireless have wireless charging.
    Yup, but the red is so nice!

Global Posts
    327 Global Posts
    Thanks guys for all the replies. Will keep an eye out for cheap deals around :)

Quote Originally Posted by foxbat121 View Post
    Verizon has released every WP update in a timely manner. I don't understand why this myth continues to persist.

Quote Originally Posted by thed View Post
    Verizon has released every WP update in a timely manner. I don't understand why this myth continues to persist.
    for Androids at least they have the worst timing or delays for updates.

Global Posts
    370 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thed View Post
    I'm new to the platform, but if this is true, why do all the other carriers have the update already? And from what I've read, they've had the update now for weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by rew001 View Post
    I'm new to the platform, but if this is true, why do all the other carriers have the update already? And from what I've read, they've had the update now for weeks.
    Well I don't know anything about this update because I don't even have a WP8, so I guess I should have said every WP7 update. But the post I quoted mentioned Verizon's past history, which has actually been quite good when it comes to WP7.

Global Posts
    327 Global Posts
    Does HTC do 1-for-1s in case of a faulty phone? I'm using a Nokia Lumia 820 right now, but I'm constantly sending it to Nokia Care. I wouldn't want to purchase a phone from the US, and have to send the phone to and fro to get it repaired..