Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    When sending a video via e-mail, the phone completely destroys the quality. There are really great compression methods to get 1080p video files within a sane file size while retaining great quality, so why did MS opt for such a crappy solution? Is there any way to alter the compression settings?
    The videos need to be compressed to a smaller size to allow for it to be sent via email. The size limit for uploads is 25MB. To lower the file size before sending goto the camera, tap the ... Select video settings and then select the lowest resolution. Have to do this for any video you plan to email.

The way i send videos is I transfer to my laptop then upload to YouTube so I get true 1080p. From YouTube you can share on Facebook or email it.

There is a Nokia app that allows you to send large items, not sure if that will help or hinder.
    Own a Lumia 920 - in UK

Gamertag: peachy001

Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
    The videos need to be compressed to a smaller size to allow for it to be sent via email. The size limit for uploads is 25MB. To lower the file size before sending goto the camera, tap the ... Select video settings and then select the lowest resolution. Have to do this for any video you plan to email.
    i understand that, but considering you can have 2 hour long dvd quality xvid files under 800mb after compression, I see no reason why a 1 minute clip can't be kept under 25mb while remaining at least somewhat decent looking.
    Quote Originally Posted by tofu. View Post
    i understand that, but considering you can have 2 hour long dvd quality xvid files under 800mb after compression, I see no reason why a 1 minute clip can't be kept under 25mb while remaining at least somewhat decent looking.
    The videos these phones record in are using a higher quality codec (.mp4, .m4v and H.264). These are larger files than the xvid codec.

I tried playing one on my computer, it was a vid taken off my phone. The quality was quite bad. I was using VLC, that usually plays anything.
    Own a Lumia 920 - in UK

Gamertag: peachy001