- 01-12-2013, 12:33 PM #1
Had this phone literally less than a day and it cracked, I don't think Gorilla Glass isn't as tough as I thought.
I was playing music on it while it was face down(not near the edge) and I guess while it playing maybe it rattled towards the edge and fell like 5'4 feet from the ground and cracked from top to bottom and side to to.
I'm getting a new one on Monday. Is there any accessories you guys recommend?
01-21-2013, 06:03 AM #9
- 41 Posts
I want to sound sympathetic but I'm not at all surprised the screen cracked. The 8x is a beautiful, elegant and incredible piece of engineering. It's much lighter and more sculpted than my previous phone (HTC HD7) but at the same time, it's slightly more fragile. I've decided not to get a case because anything that sits around of the 8x's shell will spoil and mask its true beauty IMHO. The price for that is keeping it safe.
The screen is excellent and indeed a revelation over my old HD7 but it's certainly not bomb proof. What the Gorilla glass is good at is protecting from scuffs and scratches that are the result of general wear and tear. The odd bump will be resisted but you have to appreciate, it's still very thin glass. I ordered screen protectors when I got the phone but I've still not applied one yet - the glass is that resistant to scratching. Drops from a great height have little chance of survival.
01-21-2013, 09:01 AM #10
- 329 Posts
- By SimzzDev in forum Nokia Lumia 900Replies: 13Last Post: 04-09-2013, 11:20 PM
- By Stormwatch342 in forum HTC 8XReplies: 1Last Post: 12-20-2012, 07:31 AM
- By Klaric in forum HTC 8XReplies: 14Last Post: 12-05-2012, 03:36 PM
- By socialcarpet in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 10Last Post: 10-28-2012, 03:58 PM
- By jalb in forum HTC TITANReplies: 6Last Post: 03-31-2012, 01:13 PM