Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By jlink38
  • 1 Post By Micah Dawson
  1.    #1  
    It seems that I don't get any push notifications from my apps ( twitter and facebook).

I got the push notifications enabled in the settings and connected to WI-FI.

Any ideas ??

Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Twitter@Firas_MD View Post
    It seems that I don't get any push notifications from my apps ( twitter and facebook).

I got the push notifications enabled in the settings and connected to WI-FI.

Any ideas ??
    I don't use twitter, but the Facebook client on WP is garbage. Notifications just don't work sometimes.
    Sohn Cook likes this.

Nope, my FB notifications work about 90% of the time but thats because on any OS/phone FB push notifications suck balls.

I'm new to wp8 having turned my back on android. I have to say I'm delighted with my new lumia 920 hardware and also the os now in used to it, however the non function of push notifications on fb and twitter is doing my nut in. I see this as a basic error which seems to be experienced by a v high proportion of l920 users and needs to be addressed quick sharp.

Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    The official FB app delivers push notifications. I also don't use twitter

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

I use the official Facebook app with push notifications turned on and have thus far received none. If you google "facebook push notifications windows phone 8" you will see that this is a widespread problem with no apparent remedy.

Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultimateone View Post
    Nope, my FB notifications work about 90% of the time but thats because on any OS/phone FB push notifications suck balls.
    Facebook on Android had never missed a notification when I had my Galaxy Nexus. Surely something could be done to remedy this on WP.

Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Notification system is horrid. I use multiple devices and my windows phone is always the last to get notifications, of at all.

Global Posts
    1,022 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jlink38 View Post
    Facebook on Android had never missed a notification when I had my Galaxy Nexus. Surely something could be done to remedy this on WP.
    I just got a Droid DNA...the push notifications worked for facebook sometimes and then other times...no.
    So it's not just windows phone....especially if up until recently, most people would say Facebook for android sucks.
    Laura Knotek likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jlink38 View Post
    I had a Galaxy Nexus, Galaxy S3, Skyrocket, HTC Vivid, Droid Razr Maxx, all of them had issues with FB push notifications :D

Global Posts
    586 Global Posts
    I, too, often missed notification when I had Android

Quote Originally Posted by Micah Dawson View Post
    I just got a Droid DNA...the push notifications worked for facebook sometimes and then other times...no.
    So it's not just windows phone....especially if up until recently, most people would say Facebook for android sucks.
    Better some notifications than none! Does anyone know is this a problem with the facebook app itself or the wp o/s as a whole?

Global Posts
    586 Global Posts
    Works just fine for me on WP

I've stopped using the Facebook app because the push notifications were almost random at times, and I couldn't filter out the garbage that I've filtered out from my account (game notifications, etc.). I pinned the URL as a tile and am much happier - I'd rather have no push notifications than completely inaccurate ones.

For twitter I've been using Rowi for a long time over several phones and love it. And the notifications are very accurate.

Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    This is a widespread issue with the type of notification. It has less to do with the os and more to do with the notification system. There is no receipt check as such, if the notification doesn't get there for some reason it gets lost forever.

I've just got an HTC 8X and am having exactly the same problem - no notifications at all through Facebook. I don't use any other 3rd party apps, so I'm not sure if it's a Facebook thing or a device thing.

Either way I've tried all the usual uninstall, reinstall, log in, log out, reset, refresh stuff and nothing makes a difference. For the time being I've given up on the app and have just pinned the mobile website. Disappointing to say the least.

Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    I have "Me" pinned to my home screen so all my notifications for all my accounts go there. I usually have notifications show up there well before they show up on my facebook tile.

Global Posts
    401 Global Posts
    Push notifications dont work properly for me, WP8 (L820) 90% of the time they arrive late, sometimes 10 minutes, 1 or 2 days, i've even received some 5 days later. Latest is 2 days ago my friend sent me some messages on Skype, just this morning i receive these notifications. Happens on Facebook (Official), WhatsApp, Twitter, Skype, these are the apps i use and have tested.

hi. I am using the HTC Windows Phone, and sadly Push Notifications do now work on any of the third apps like Nimbuzz, IM+, Gchat, etc . I have enabled all required settings on the app level and i have tested these over a WIFI connection too. Everytime the app is out of focus, it looses connection and then reconnects when you switch back to the app. :( Very disappointed.
    Am i missing some generic setting to enable the Push Notification service on the WP8 level?

Global Posts
    392 Global Posts
    I have this problem too! It's so annoying! Why can't they make it work properly? My iPad never failed with this...